Michael Brown had robbed a Quick Trip just before the fatal shooting

If true it'll be irrelevant to the officer's use of lethal force unless the officer knew about it and was detaining he and his aquaintance for questioning about it. Report I heard, the officer detained them both for j-walking. In the process of that, Mr. Brown physically assaulted the officer pushing on his car door whereupon a physical struggle ensued resulting in the officer using lethal force as was his right legally as per Missouri statute 563.046

• Banned
If true it'll be irrelevant to the officer's use of lethal force unless the officer knew about it and was detaining he and his aquaintance for questioning about it. Report I heard, the officer detained them both for j-walking. In the process of that, Mr. Brown physically assaulted the officer pushing on his car door whereupon a physical struggle ensued resulting in the officer using lethal force as was his right legally as per Missouri statute 563.046

It's being reported that the shooting officer was on a different call when he was rerouted to the QT robbery. We all know what happened after that.

• Banned

The officer was responding to the strong arm robbery call with a description of the assailant. Brown answered that description, including the identifiable cap Brown was wearing. So yes, the officer knew about it. The story of jay walking came from Johnson, the witness, who was an accomplice in the robbery and identified from the surveillance video.

It's being reported that the shooting officer was on a different call when he was rerouted to the QT robbery. We all know what happened after that.

Correction: we all think we know what happened after that. :)

Still wouldn't matter. If the officer detained the two to question them about the robbery, but the reason he stopped them was for the j-walking that alone justifies the officer stopping them. The legal 'justification' for everythign that followed.

The use of lethal force depends on the officer's original purpose being lawful, as with stopping them for j-walking. If they'd been walking down the sidewalk, everything that followed included lethal force application could be construed as unlawful.

Last edited:
Round two.

Dorian Johnson is charged with strong arm robbery and the murder of Michael Brown.

Dorian's the 'friend?' That's how it works. If in the commision of another crime your partner(s) die you can be charged with their murder.

Let's watch Rev. Al and MSNBC attempt to spin this into somehow it was the cops fault no matter what 'Big Mike' did.
If there is police action audio tape from a dispatcher informing the local cops to be on the look-out for a possible strong arm robbery suspect that fits 'Big Mike' then 'Big Mike' is fucking toast. Well 'Big Mike' is already maggot-meat.
Couldn't have happened to a nicer young Black man.
I'm betting 'Big Mike' had a very long history of being a nothing more than a bully.
We all know what ends up happening to those who bully.
'Big Mike' thought he could 'bully' a cop. Never a smart move.

Dorian's the 'friend?' That's how it works. If in the commision of another crime your partner(s) die you can be charged with their murder.

Dorian Johnson is the friend and the witness who said they were stopped for jaywalking. Obviously they were not stopped for jaywalking at all.

Gramps i just heard that was debunked.........but then when this began i heard that that was the reason this cop was called to begin with....so i guess we will have to see how things proceed......

How do you debunk photos & video?

Committing a crime is committing a crime. Even against an alleged bad person. Just because someone is a criminal doesn't mean they deserve to be shot.

You of all people should know that.

Gramps i just heard that was debunked.........but then when this began i heard that that was the reason this cop was called to begin with....so i guess we will have to see how things proceed......

Committing a crime is committing a crime. Even against an alleged bad person. Just because someone is a criminal doesn't mean they deserve to be shot.

I never implied he deserved anything. This thread just goes to prove that trying to apply a political narrative to a situation BEFORE the evidence is put forth is foolish.

The cops knew "big mike" was prone to violence and acted accordingly.
This story is now over and came to the logical conclusion...dude robs store and dies resisting arrest.

Dorian Johnson is the friend and the witness who said they were stopped for jaywalking. Obviously they were not stopped for jaywalking at all.

They're not going to get charged with j-walking. The relevance of that is it provides justification for everything else. For an officer to use lethal force on a retreating suspect, their original actions, like detaining someone for questioning must be lawful. As with j-walking, littering, cussing (where that's a crime,) or anything else. Whether the officer had them in mind related to the robbery doesn't matter since the main issue will be the use of lethal force. Since the subjects were by their own admission j-walking, everything that followed was legally justified.

Game. Set. Match.

You ignore Twitter BS and get the facts from the Ferguson Police Dept directly!

Ferguson police identify officer in Michael Brown shooting

Jackson also gave barebones details about a strong-arm robbery at a local convenience store that took place moments before Wilson shot Brown. He did not , but he did not say if Brown was the suspect in the robbery. He released dispatch records and video surveillance of the robbery as well.

A police offense incident report that was part of the packet of documents J

Brown was unarmed when the officer killed him.

The announcement comes after Twitter suspended an account Thursday linked to a loose-knit "hacktivist" group that released the name of a police officer it said shot and killed Brown on Saturday night. However, police, Ferguson's mayor and the stepmother of the man named all said the group was incorrect and that the person named is not a police officer.

Forum List

Back