Michae Chertoff's "gut feeling"

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<blockquote>Senior U.S. intelligence officials tell ABC News new intelligence suggests a small al Qaeda cell is on its way to the United States, or may already be here...

There is no credible evidence of an imminent threat, however... - <a href=http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/07/al-qaeda-cell-i.html>ABC News</a></blockquote>

And, of course, we can't discount Homeland Security Secretary, Michael Chertoff's 'gut feeling' about a new "period of increased risk". Of course, that gut feeling could be a touch of food poisoning.

Now, we should absolutely not discount Al Qaeda or its intentions. We should be hunting down its operatives and capturing or killing them. But if those operatives are actually here, we need to ask, "Why has Bush been asleep at the wheel and why is Osama still breathing?"

We should also be asking, "Why do these terrorist alerts come up when Bush's approval ratings take another hit?"

<blockquote>Senior U.S. intelligence officials tell ABC News new intelligence suggests a small al Qaeda cell is on its way to the United States, or may already be here...

There is no credible evidence of an imminent threat, however... - <a href=http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2007/07/al-qaeda-cell-i.html>ABC News</a></blockquote>

And, of course, we can't discount Homeland Security Secretary, Michael Chertoff's 'gut feeling' about a new "period of increased risk". Of course, that gut feeling could be a touch of food poisoning.

Now, we should absolutely not discount Al Qaeda or its intentions. We should be hunting down its operatives and capturing or killing them. But if those operatives are actually here, we need to ask, "Why has Bush been asleep at the wheel and why is Osama still breathing?"

We should also be asking, "Why do these terrorist alerts come up when Bush's approval ratings take another hit?"

They raised the terror levels? Didn't think so. While his 'gut feelings' leave me cold, personally I wish he was gone, something is probably a problem. Hard to tell, I despise Chertoff.

On the other hand, this is playing out as I thought it would, 'heads up' there is a problem afoot-'the sky is falling' for fearmongering.

Say nothing-'there were early warning signs' not reported.

Yep Bully, played that one predictably.

the better question is, why cant we close the border, and monitor every mosque in america, the answer: liberals, and the democratic party.

It hurts their feelings.

the better question is, why cant we close the border, and monitor every mosque in america, the answer: liberals, and the democratic party.

It hurts their feelings.

Insufficient resources is the answer to the border question. No country in the world can close itself off completely. I mean here in Australia Indonesian fishermen land and toddle off into the inland with monotonous regularity and have for thousands of years, we have no hope of closing our northern coastal border.

Monitoring every mosque might be difficult given resources restraints. Keeping good intel on known problem mosques is probably more effective.

Forum List

Back