Mexico slams U.S. immigration bill

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
December 17, 2005

MEXICO CITY — The Mexican government slammed the U.S. Congress for approving an immigration bill (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,179012,00.html) that would tighten border controls and make it harder for undocumented immigrants to get jobs.

The House of Representatives voted 239-182 in favor of measures that would enlist military and local law enforcement to help stop illegal entrants and require employers to verify the legal status of their workers.

The House also authorized the building of a fence along parts of the U.S.-Mexico border, but did not include any new temporary work program for migrants, something Mexico insists is needed.

"The government of Mexico ... believes that a reform which only considers security measures will not contribute to a better, more integral bilateral management of migration issues," the Foreign Relations department said in a statement.

"The U.S. executive branch publicly expressed its commitment to an integral immigration reform, with a new program for temporary workers," the statement continued. "The Mexican government will redouble its efforts to achieve this shared goal."

President Bush urged Congress almost two years ago to enact a guest worker program that would allow illegal immigrants to stay in the country temporarily to fill jobs unwanted by Americans.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,179021,00.html

ScreamingEagle said:
President Bush urged Congress almost two years ago to enact a guest worker program that would allow illegal immigrants to stay in the country temporarily to fill jobs unwanted by Americans.

Whatever are leftover after putting all the deadbeat welfare recipients to work of course.

ScreamingEagle said:
December 17, 2005

MEXICO CITY — The Mexican government slammed the U.S. Congress for approving an immigration bill (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,179012,00.html) that would tighten border controls and make it harder for undocumented immigrants to get jobs.

The House of Representatives voted 239-182 in favor of measures that would enlist military and local law enforcement to help stop illegal entrants and require employers to verify the legal status of their workers.

The House also authorized the building of a fence along parts of the U.S.-Mexico border, but did not include any new temporary work program for migrants, something Mexico insists is needed.

"The government of Mexico ... believes that a reform which only considers security measures will not contribute to a better, more integral bilateral management of migration issues," the Foreign Relations department said in a statement.

"The U.S. executive branch publicly expressed its commitment to an integral immigration reform, with a new program for temporary workers," the statement continued. "The Mexican government will redouble its efforts to achieve this shared goal."

This was all fine and dandy. But I'm afraid it's too little too late.

I can see why the Mexican government would hate it. If the US border is sealed up, that means all those ex-illegal immigrants become their problem. That many unemployed, destitute and desperate people could cause a LOT of trouble for the Mexican government....

ScreamingEagle said:
December 17, 2005

And their point is? I don't recall anyone saying anything about bilateral management, nor expecting it. We man our borders and keep them out. Seems rather unilateral, and "Who gives-a-crap what you think?" to me.

Note the words bilateral and migration. They (the Mexican .gov) want to speak on how they get rid of thier undesireables.

pegwinn said:
Note the words bilateral and migration. They (the Mexican .gov) want to speak on how they get rid of thier undesireables.
Maybe the government of Mexico should try the death penalty or better yet, taking care of their own country and it's citizens.

MissileMan said:
Whatever are leftover after putting all the deadbeat welfare recipients to work of course.

When did you ever see dog doo doo do anything useful??

We have to feed, cloth, and rear unwanted, and unneeded generations of deadbeats.. Give credit to the liberals who felt guilty and used tax dollars to create the mess we are in. ((Of course, the conservative side hasn't figured out that abortions are a good thing either.)) We are as a society responsible for not making scum get off their asses and work. We allow the libs to dictate public policy and coddle the stupid.

So now we have immigrants form South America, Asia, and India/Pakistan coming here and taking jobs from the ones that won't work, ones that "can't" work, and the ones who would feel less than Professional if they did the jobs that the immigrants do willingly. In the meantime, the immigrants are gaining work experience, buying houses/real estate, and effectively pushing our indiginous slugs further into the quagmire.

But, Mexicans have got a good rep for landscaping, and construction while working in the US. THey do work hard and do a good job.. State, and municipal employees had better watch their asses before they get replaced with my amigos from down south.

One last brainstorm,, what if we expelled one deadbeat, no matter if they were born here or not, to the country who supplies one immigrant worker to us?? Can it be done?? (hee hee!) How about for every worker they give us, we give them a half dozen of ungainfuly underutiilzed buff young studs, and throw in the an equal number of the female couterparts. This way the host country can help us retrain the mindset of these youth.

They told me that a man will rise to his own level of incompetence. Your point about the immigrants outworking lazy Americans demonstrates a Darwinism I hadn't considered. Elimination of welfare and tightening up of the border would force the deadbeats to get off thier assess.

pegwinn said:
They told me that a man will rise to his own level of incompetence. Your point about the immigrants outworking lazy Americans demonstrates a Darwinism I hadn't considered. Elimination of welfare and tightening up of the border would force the deadbeats to get off thier assess.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather give a hard-working, family-oriented immigrant a green card and social security card than give an endless flow of cash to some PoS too lazy to pull his/her weight. The immigrant will seize the opportunity to improve his lot through hard work and embrace the ideals of citizenship. The welfare recipient thinks citizenship means entitlement to the next check.

In other words, an exchange program sounds like a marvelous idea. :)

MissileMan said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather give a hard-working, family-oriented immigrant a green card and social security card than give an endless flow of cash to some PoS too lazy to pull his/her weight. The immigrant will seize the opportunity to improve his lot through hard work and embrace the ideals of citizenship. The welfare recipient thinks citizenship means entitlement to the next check.

In other words, an exchange program sounds like a marvelous idea. :)

Illegal immigrants come over here and work for our dollars and live off our social infrastructure, then take that money back to Mexico. One of ThE biggest reasons Mexico has issue with a wall. In other words, all they do is take. They contribute nothing except whatever task it is they perform; which, done at a lower wage drives the wage scale down for those of us born here trying to make a living.

The idea of making those citizens of the US currently sucking off the system get out and work for their handout makes sense to me. If they don't like menial labor for the pay they're getting, maybe this would give them incentive to get a job on their own and off gov't subsidies.

All BS aside, what is so offensive about a wall? Put a gate in it, and you're leagal you can come and go as you please. The only thing it keeps out are illegals. How anyone can argue on behalf of people committing a criminal act is beyond me.

But I DO like the exchange progam idea.

You know, I think we ought to stop putting vaults in banks. I mean, it's so cruel to deny enterprising bank robbers of their way of life and only hope for the future by attempting to prevent them from stealing money. I think we should also give amnesty to all bank robbers that haven't been caught yet. I mean, the accounts are FDIC insured and it will cause all sorts of problems to try to arrest that many people, anyway.

Hobbit said:
You know, I think we ought to stop putting vaults in banks. I mean, it's so cruel to deny enterprising bank robbers of their way of life and only hope for the future by attempting to prevent them from stealing money. I think we should also give amnesty to all bank robbers that haven't been caught yet. I mean, the accounts are FDIC insured and it will cause all sorts of problems to try to arrest that many people, anyway.

Good point, and of course the ACLU will demand that locks on houses and cars be removed for the same reason. After all that's what insurance is for eh? :teeth:

And on the same token, the liberal democrats are even more wrong in their defense of lazy stupid people.

The reason Mexicans want to come here is to work. OUr people, or at least a significant number of them who were born here, don't want to work and contribute to society.

The left is causing the problem, but the right won't touch it, and probably couldn't address it sucessfully.

Working Man said:
And on the same token, the liberal democrats are even more wrong in their defense of lazy stupid people.

The reason Mexicans want to come here is to work. OUr people, or at least a significant number of them who were born here, don't want to work and contribute to society.

The left is causing the problem, but the right won't touch it, and probably couldn't address it sucessfully.

Correct. The problem is that a very large percentage of aliens coming over are illegal. That makes them criminals. We cannot condone, support, or assist in criminal behaviour.

BTW, lazy people suck. Thank God and GW that I am not in charge of the employment office.

Forum List

Back