Mexico reconquers California? Absolut drinks to that!

dread

Mar 5, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2008/04/mexico-reconque.html

"The campaign taps into the national pride of Mexicans, according to Favio Ucedo, creative director of leading Latino advertising agency Grupo Gallegos in the U.S.

Ucedo, who is from Argentina, said: “Mexicans talk about how the Americans stole their land, so this is their way of reclaiming it. It’s very relevant and the Mexicans will love the idea.”

But he said that were the campaign to run in the United States, it might fall flat.

“Many people aren’t going to understand it here. Americans in the East and the North or in the center of the county -- I don’t know if they know much about the history.

“Probably Americans in Texas and California understand perfectly and I don’t know how they’d take it.”

So we get called stupid and then he goes on to say that he doesnt know how Americans would respond to the ad?

:doubt:

2383371667_df5fc24e2d.jpg

When the Texas Revolution was over...Santa Anna claimed that Mexico would take Texas back without firing a shot...Mexicans are now the majority in Texas. And for sure in my area.

Believe it or not, alot of people (mostly white) claim that Mexico is literally re-colonizing Texas...

On a side not, the border of Texas is a very unstable region right now. Some say it's as dangerous, if not, more dangerous than Iraq. We here on the news all of the time about large-scale gun-battles going on on the border between the drug-cartels and Mexican-police, military, and U.S. border agents. There have been several instances where the mexican military has made incursions into the U.S. (Texas) for several miles. Border patrol agents have reports of being out on patrol and being completely surrounded by the Mexican military on all sides (They hid of course). But it's very unstable.

And when I say gun-battles, I mean machine-guns, RPGs, bombs, grenades, etc....

And with the U.S. now letting Mexican trucks hit our highways, there's no telling what will happen next...

The truck thing is really stupid.

I know it's true that the Mexicans are moving here and in that way are taking over. More of a reason to make them Americans, IMO. That way there loyalty will be more of a sure thing. Especially the kiddies.

Yeah, another example of not acting at the whim of the people. If a vote was taken about allowing Mexican trucks on the highway, I bet it wouldn't pass.

I think it's funny how this is done right as our American truckers are going on strike about diesel prices. This sure is a way of slapping our American drivers in the face. I think it's sorry.

The truck thing is really stupid.

I know it's true that the Mexicans are moving here and in that way are taking over. More of a reason to make them Americans, IMO. That way there loyalty will be more of a sure thing. Especially the kiddies.

lets take that logic a step further and make everyone citizens..do away with soverigenty and have a one world central government....

it is a big idea - a new world order, where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind: peace and security, freedom, and the rule of law. Such is a world worthy of our struggle, and worthy of our children's future."

President George Bush State of the Union Address 1991

lets take that logic a step further and make everyone citizens..do away with soverigenty and have a one world central government....

it is a big idea - a new world order, where diverse nations are drawn together in common cause to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind: peace and security, freedom, and the rule of law. Such is a world worthy of our struggle, and worthy of our children's future."

:hellno:

No it wouldnt. Hence the need for lies and secrecey by Bush and Cheney.

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=42805

??? That's my point...not lead by the whim of the people.....the fact that if you had U.S. citizens voting to give or not give Mexican trucks access to our roadways...most people would vote "no". Therefore, the president is not for the people or at the whim of the people. THis is show throughout history...the last 10 presidents have done things that the public would not have allowed to pass had they had an opportunity to vote on the issue. THis isn't strictly about Bush/Cheney...

How exactly is encouraging citizenship doing away with sovrigntry?

??? That's my point...not lead by the whim of the people.....the fact that if you had U.S. citizens voting to give or not give Mexican trucks access to our roadways...most people would vote "no". Therefore, the president is not for the people or at the whim of the people. THis is show throughout history...the last 10 presidents have done things that the public would not have allowed to pass had they had an opportunity to vote on the issue. THis isn't strictly about Bush/Cheney...

Wasn't trying to confuse you I was actually agreeing with you. And yes there is plenty of blame to go around to many different presidents. I was just using Cheney as an example. I couldnt believe he bald faced lied to a reporter when heading up to Canada for those 'secret' NAFTA meetings about the superhighway.

Wasn't trying to confuse you I was actually agreeing with you. And yes there is plenty of blame to go around to many different presidents. I was just using Cheney as an example. I couldnt believe he bald faced lied to a reporter when heading up to Canada for those 'secret' NAFTA meetings about the superhighway.

Oh ok...LoL...I was confused, believe me. I completely agree.
I feel sorry for the American truckers. It came out in the newspaper the other day that they were going on strike. I thought, "alright, finally someone's striking over diesel prices." And in the same paper, I see, "U.S. Highways open to Mexican Trucks. It's a slap in the face to American truckers.

It's like, "if you won't buy our diesel, we'll get the Mexican truckers to."

Forum List

Back