Mexico making example out of Marine with trumped up charge, says lawyer

He did not have prior permission to bring the gun into Mexico, which they require.

How stupid do you have to be to decide not to check the gun laws of the multiple nations you are going to be travelling through, and get all the necessary permits and licenses, if you are going to be toting a goddam shotgun with you?

"Oh, that's too much trouble. I will just chance it, even if everyone knows Mexico doesn't tolerate tourists bringing so much as a single bullet into their country without prior approval. 5 to 30 years in prison? Bah! I'll take my chances."

Heard an interview with his parents on the radio... Of course this is all 2nd hand info.. but

They said he asked the US border patrol about the regulations.. they checked the weapon against regs and they said it would be accepted and handed him the proper form for the checkpoint on the Mexico side... Upon getting to the other side of the bridge, he voluntarily announced he had a weapon to declare, following the procedures to have this ANTIQUE shotgun able to be transported properly... He was told something was wrong and taken in to custody..

As I said.. don't know all the facts here, nor does anyone else.. but something smells fishy all around

He did not have prior permission to bring the gun into Mexico, which they require.

How stupid do you have to be to decide not to check the gun laws of the multiple nations you are going to be travelling through, and get all the necessary permits and licenses, if you are going to be toting a goddam shotgun with you?

"Oh, that's too much trouble. I will just chance it, even if everyone knows Mexico doesn't tolerate tourists bringing so much as a single bullet into their country without prior approval. 5 to 30 years in prison? Bah! I'll take my chances."

Heard an interview with his parents on the radio... Of course this is all 2nd hand info.. but

They said he asked the US border patrol about the regulations.. they checked the weapon against regs and they said it would be accepted and handed him the proper form for the checkpoint on the Mexico side... Upon getting to the other side of the bridge, he voluntarily announced he had a weapon to declare, following the procedures to have this ANTIQUE shotgun able to be transported properly... He was told something was wrong and taken in to custody..

As I said.. don't know all the facts here, nor does anyone else.. but something smells fishy all around

So the dipshit is about to travel through MULTIPLE countries and did not spend TEN MINUTES to surf the Internet to discover the various gun control laws of each country? He just decided he would declare his gun when he got to each border?

Is he seriously retarded, or something?

If this was an "ANTIQUE" shotgun, why was he bringing it on a surfing trip out of the country?

I call bullshit. It was most likely a quite functional weapon, "antique" or not.

If this was an "ANTIQUE" shotgun, why was he bringing it on a surfing trip out of the country?

I call bullshit. It was most likely a quite functional weapon, "antique" or not.

I dunno.. emphasized it because it did seem a bit strange that A) You travel with one and B) Mexico would raise a stink over one...

Dunno if the guy did research... what the advice of the US border agent really was etc... All I know is not everything seems in place on this one.. something is very weird, especially given the amount of time this has been going on in this case

Alrighty then. We americans will just make up our own rules wherever we roam.

Mexico is perfectly safe and peaceful and beautiful. Like anywhere one should be aware and guarded.

Boycott the fuck out of Mexico!

Forum List

Back