Mexico is moving to make Legal growing of Poppies.

Dan Stubbs

FORGET ---- HELL
May 4, 2017
Some where in the Deep South.
Is this going to work for Mexico?

Another option that the new government may be considering is the legalization of the cultivation of opium poppies for use in the pharmaceutical industry.

In August, the Guerrero Congress almost unanimously approved a proposal to decriminalize the cultivation of poppies for medicinal purposes but requires federal support in order for it to become law.

Community leaders from the Sierra region of Guerrero appealed in July to president-elect López Obrador to legalize poppy cultivation, while incoming interior secretary Olga Sánchez Cordero has said that legalizing drugs is a possibility as part of the quest to bring peace to the country.

Just ship them North.

I'm sure the Mexican cartels will love it. They can grow the shit right in their back yard.

What an idiotic idea.

Here in Oregon, the druggies who gave us legal recreational pot, are now focussing on getting magic mushrooms legalized.

• Banned
I'm sure the Mexican cartels will love it. They can grow the shit right in their back yard.

What an idiotic idea.

Because prohibition has done wonders for Latin America, right?
I started the thread for ideas, and I in part agree with you. I just think if the Mexico gov, would really use the poppy plant for medical use it is not a bad idea, but if it thinks it will be like pot, not going to happen. Famous last words. I really don't trust them. If we need poppies they can be grown here. Not a bad idea there.

Forum List

Back