Mexico has become a Middle Class Country and their Growth is Outpacing the USA!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Did anyone ever think they would see the day when Mexico's growth was 4 times the US, their unemployment was a few points less than ours and their middle class has grown so much they have become a middle class country (not to mention they don't have the debt burden that we have that could collapse our economy). With all these positive economic trends in Mexico we a negative immigration from Mexico (meaning more Mexicans are moving back to the US than are coming to the US)!

Mexico GDP Growth Rate

It's truly a sad day when Americans look South of the border with envy at their economy and not the other way around. In many ways it's a good thing that Mexico is doing well and growing economically (since they are one of our largest trading partners and we share a border with them), but in many ways it shows how far we have fallen (and that is a tough pill to swollow)!

Note: I cited at the bottom to the Wilson Institute study on Mexico's growing middle class.

Study: Mexico Is Becoming More Middle Class | Mexico | Limits to Growth
Study: Mexico Is Becoming More Middle Class

I’ve been saying for years that Mexico is a wealthy country, with its consistent #14 score in national GDP rankings and assortment of billionaires like numero uno Carlos Slim.

Now a new study is out from the Wilson Center (Mexico: A Middle Class Society, Poor No More, Developed Not Yet), arguing that Mexico is becoming a middle class society. For example, the average number of years in school has increased since 1976, from 4.8 years to 8.3 years in 2006. Housing is becoming more spacious. Women account for 45 percent of the labor force. Additional young people are attending college, and family size has shrunk to a more economically manageable 2.3 kids.

The Washington Post even quoted a Mexican economist remarking “Mexico is now a middle-class country, which means we don’t have any excuse anymore.”
Now if only Mexico would react accordingly to its new

http://www.wilsoncenter.org/sites/default/files/Mexico A Middle Class Society.pdf

Thats because all of the criminals and losers are here illegally. All thats left are law-abiding, contributing members of society.

About time they got off their asses. Good for them.

they come here with your blessing, steal your jobs, work for money under the table avoid paying taxes and send the wealth back to Mexico.. Yep,, good damn job.

Obama's plan is working ,take whats yours and give it to others.Who ever would believe this Country got so fucked -up so quick.

$obama-sombrerofest.jpg

Good for Mexico

A prosperous Mexico is good for the US

About time they got off their asses. Good for them.

they come here with your blessing, steal your jobs, work for money under the table avoid paying taxes and send the wealth back to Mexico.. Yep,, good damn job.

You forgot that they also give birth to children that are "citizens" enabling the entire family to benefit from the taxpayer largess and in many cases can even get benefit checks mailed to Mexico.

Mexican Migration May Be Over

by Michael Barone @ Rightwingnews blog tells us what the media isn't”

Is mass migration from Mexico to the United States a thing of the past? At least for the moment, it is. Last May, the Pew Hispanic Center, in a study based on U.S. and Mexican statistics, reported that net migration from Mexico to this country had fallen to zero from 2005 to 2010. Pew said 20,000 more people moved to Mexico from the United States than from there to here in those years. That’s a vivid contrast with the years 1995 to 2000, when net inflow from Mexico was 2.2 million people. Because ..

Our job market sucks and the guys hanging around various nurseries, Home Depot, and Lowe's just can't find people to hire them for day jobs. In fact, it appears their chances for making a living – although somewhat meagre – is better south of the border than it is here.

Read more @ Mexican Migration May Be Over | Right Wing News

Unlike here, Mexico is working to explore and benefit from its large petroleum reserves. They also have mineral wealth - other than silver and gold the Spaniards got - that have yet to be utilized.

In addition, Mexico is quite open to individual businesses without a lot of government regulation. Just about anybody can open and operate anything they think can earn pesos. And, the taxes are extremely low - probably because every official in the entire country has his or her hand out for mordida :eusa_angel:

And, with the economy here in the USA going into the tank, more and more Americans are moving south of the border. [I myself am going to be house-hunting there next year]

The big think will be if the new president can choke the drug cartels. As drug sales open up here, their sources of income will dry up. :cool:

And, with the economy here in the USA going into the tank, more and more Americans are moving south of the border. [I myself am going to be house-hunting there next year]
My parents about a sweet 3 bedroom 2 full bath condo that is literally right on the beach for $300K in Mexico. They spend half the year down there. Property taxes are a wooping $150 a year. I bought my place for $310K (worth closer to $200K now) and I pay $6.8K in taxes a year!

They total me more and more Americans are retiring to Mexico. Everything from food, to taxes, to medical care, dental care etc is so dirt cheap you live like kings! Also most Mexicans in Gringo populated areas speak English!

Thats because all of the criminals and losers are here illegally. All thats left are law-abiding, contributing members of society.

Funny that you should think cartel members to be law abiding, contributing members of society.

That's a highly ignorant comment! There are many hispanic criminals in the States, but the cartels area plague in Mexico. A plague that threatens how far the country has come!

New Topics

Forum List

Back