Mexico and its Corruption

What should we do about it?

• Open International Tribunes to fight the corruption.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fight back by boycotting Mexican Products and services.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

JoeysWild

Rookie
Jun 1, 2006
I can say with true conviction that Mexico has a very twisted idea of what justice and public service is...

The word Public Server in Mexico means a person who works for the Government to rape the system for everything they can take out of it...

Politicians, Judges, the Judges Secretaries and the Police, are all for Sale to the Highest Bidder...

To Serve the public in Mexico is to sell justice to the highest bidder, twist the laws to favor who ever shall give the biggest payoff, to satisfy their own needs, justice is truly a business in Mexico, their justice system is designed for corruption...

From the very beginning Politicians take office with intent to corrupt the system, sell contracts for public works to the highest bidder not the lowest…

Judges and their secretaries, sit on cases until someone comes in and offers them enough money to decide a case in favor of who ever is the highest bidder…

I can say from first hand experience that the Judges and Politician in Mexico are corrupted to the point that they have a blatant and obvious disregard for the law and the citizens of their own nation, they will stop at nothing to keep the corruption a live and strong, backing each other, allowing the corruption to stay alive and well…

As for the boarder issue, between the United States and Mexico, the Mexican Government does the same boarder patrol against the people of Belize Guatemala and Honduras, they do not allow them to cross the boarder to look for work, and send them back as fast as the come in...

The Mexican Government Gives Millionaire contracts to People who are already millionaires who pay their employees the Mexican minimum wedge wile Charging American wedges in there contracts to the Government PEMEX (PETROLEUM MEXICO) is one of the biggest roots of CORRUPTION in MEXICO...

To be continued….

Mexico has the nerve to tell the U.S. that they are going to start law suites against us, because we are going to make our boarders tougher to cross...

Well let me tell you from first hand experience that the corruption in Mexico has left me with over $60,000.00 dollars in medical expenses, and over $50,000.00 dollars in pending medical expenses, and the company that we are suing for the accident caused by there own negligence has been absolved from the demand we put against them, we have waited over 36 months for the courts decisions putting in all the appeals to be left with nothing but lies, and twisting laws to favor the MEXICAN COMPANY PROMOTORA AMBIENTAL S.A. DE C.V., and the insurance company ABA SEGUROS S.A. DE C.V. to walk away with out paying a thin dime, for my medical expenses... AND THEY CALL THAT JUSTICE.

The judge told me for a tactical error by my lawyer they had to absolve the company… I told the judge I would love to be able to call a tactical error so I could walk away from my injuries, and all my losses, but unfortunately that is fiscally impossible…

Lets just say the corruption is stronger than justice in Mexico, it seems that the authorities prefer to line their pockets instead of serving justice…

Here's some support for your post, Joey. I'm all for holding Mexico's feet to the fire and making its corrupt government face the music.

Force Mexico to Face Its Failings
By Froma Harrop, The Seattle Times
May 30, 2006

The border debate has spawned feverish mumbling about the "reconquista" -- the idea that Mexico plans to take back territory lost to the United States by first filling it with Mexican immigrants and their children. One can't see them going along. If any country needs reconquering, it is Mexico. Now there's a movement these immigrants might want to join.

You have to wonder about a government that measures its economic success by how many of its citizens find jobs in another country. That seems to be Mexican President Vicente Fox's economic program. The logic is twisted, but it has reigned for so long that few North Americans even question its assumptions: Mexicans wanting work will obtain it in the United States. The people left behind will live on money the emigrants send them.

If proposals in Congress to stem illegal immigration do end easy access to American jobs, there will be a day of reckoning. The Mexican government will no longer be able to export its most unhappy citizens. It will have to face them at home.

That prospect is not entirely unwelcome to Mexican activists who yearn for a radical change in their country's management. Imagine having leaders who maintain that the people's misery has nothing to do with widespread corruption. It is a function of how open the United States keeps its borders.

Ordinary Mexicans aren't the problem. Once in the United States, they work hard and thrive. Why can't they do the same in their own country?

The traditional view that Mexico is a natural dependent of the United States was heard in a recent remark by Rafael Fernandez de Castro, editor of the magazine Foreign Affairs en Espanol. Referring to American proposals to build a fence on the southern border, he complained, "We are getting the stick, but not the carrot."

It's unclear what sort of "carrot" the United States owes the dysfunctional Mexican government. As for the "stick," the cane that whips the poor migrants swings more from the south than from the north.

Destitution is the biggest stick of all. Only desperation would spur parents to drag their children across the Sonora Desert and seek menial work in a foreign country.

You've read the countless interviews that ask illegal migrants why they are coming here. Note that the usual answer is that "there's no future for my children in Mexico." Do you know how damning that remark is to the Mexican elite?

The illegals aren't saying, "I want a vast house in the Pacific Palisades," or, "I love winter in Chicago." The vast majority would just as soon live out their days at home, speaking Spanish and enjoying their rich culture.

There's no room here for a full discussion of why there's so little economic opportunity in Mexico. But obviously, when the people who most want it can leave the country, there's not going to be much pressure for fundamental reform.

If a tightened border keeps masses of frustrated people at home, things will have to change. Mexican activist Primitivo Rodriguez made that point when asked for his thoughts on the proposed fence. "It's fantastic," he told The New York Times. "It's the best thing that could happen for migrants, and for Mexico."

Others in Mexico like the wall idea for a different reason. They think it will show the United States how desperately it depends on illegal labor. They will be disappointed. The United States may need immigrants, but it doesn't need illegal ones. The presence of cheap illegal labor creates the dependency, not the other way around. If a serious shortage of workers should occur, then the United States can admit more legal immigrants.

Political analysts regard immigration as the safety valve that keeps Mexico stable. No doubt that has been true. But a wretched status quo is not worth maintaining. If political upheaval is needed to create a Mexico that Mexicans want to stay in, then let it happen.

The emigrants who return to Mexican villages with pockets full of cash understand what's going wrong in their native country. They could lead a "reconquista" of Mexico, which tighter borders would hasten. The sooner Mexico is forced to confront its failings, the sooner life there will improve.

http://realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/05/force_mexico_to_face_its_faili.html

I strongly agree with the previous post, it just so happens to be true, the Mexican Government is very wealthy, and they only cater to the rich, who so ever can afford to pay for justice shall receive it, the Mexican Authorities, suppress the poor, and leave them no choice for a better life, it just so happens to be true that 1% of the country of Mexico lives on 99% of the wealth, wile the majority 99% of the country live on only 1% of the national gross product, a sad but true summation of what is really going on south of the boarder…

The so called Authorities, cater to the rich, which in reality is the root of the problem in Mexico, the poor are subject the minimum wedges set forth by the legislation, which is about $3.50 per day, which at the rate of exchange that changes every year never really goes up, even if both the mother and father of a family of four, work they can not afford to buy enough food to feed everyone, unless of course the eat rice, beans and tortillas everyday, the imbalance of the rich and poor is staggering, and completely unjustified, forcing people who want a better life to seek the dangers of crossing the U.S. boarder in hope of a better life, many of the people who cross simply don’t make it if they are not caught by the U.S. Authorities, the simply die in the desert heat struggling to get across to a better world.

The cold hearted reality is the President of Mexico, is not the person he tries to make him self out to be, he simple has not made any major changes in the vastly spread corruption the thrives stongly in his country, allowing large Mexican Corporations, to grow and be wealthy and depressing his people.

The price of food, such as chicken, beef, fish, corn, milk, and most fruits and vegetables are the same price in Mexico as the are here at home, The price of electricity per house hold is the same as it is in the United States, the use of the phone is twice as high as it is here at home, the price of a postage stamp is the same, airfare for travel is the same, to buy a refrigerator, stove, washer or dryer are the same, the price of a television is more expensive, the price of an automobile is the same, yet the government insists that $3.50 per day is enough to live on and that minimum wedges are fair?…

I know from first hand experience that the prices in Mexico are as much as they are in the U.S. the only thing I can think of that's is cheaper is rent, and that’s because people in Mexico just simply can’t afford to pay more. The price of land is the same so no matter how hard people work in Mexico the just don't have a chance to get ahead, not to mention the price of education, is not far behind ous.

The corruption in Mexico simply sends their people looking north to cross the dangerious boarder looking for a better life, it is so true that the citizens of Mexico prefer to live in their own country, but the cost of living vs. the wedges paid simply don’t add up, and the wealthy in Mexico like it that way, and the Authority as I stated cater the them, they are greedy money hungry selfish people who simply don’t want to see there own people happy.

Many People in the U.S. believe that Mexico is a vast place of deserts, and un fertile land, nothing could be further from the truth, Mexico is very lush and fertile Prosperous country, Mexico has as many if not more recourses to be as wealthy as the U.S. but the corruption in Mexico simple prevents the people from moving forward and becoming a stronger more stable economic country.

Forum List

Back