Mexicans Fire Missle in Los Angeles!

Bullfighter

Rookie
Jun 10, 2010
A video that appears to show a missile launch off the coast of California is so far "unexplained" by anyone in the military, a Pentagon spokesman told reporters Tuesday morning

Col. Dave Lapan said he is not able to concur with an official from North American Aerospace Defense Command/U.S. Northern Command who told Fox News earlier that there was "no threat to the homeland."
Lapan said the military doesn't know exactly what the so-called mystery missile was so can't say it's harmless.

A local CBS affiliate in Los Angeles on Monday evening captured on video the image of the "spectacular" projectile flying about 35 miles out to sea, west of Los Angeles and north of Catalina Island.

The Missile Defense Agency told Fox News it did not launch any test missile Monday night that could explain the dramatic images. The Navy and the Air Force were also unable to offer an explanation.

Lapan said it does not appear that whatever was flying was part of a "regularly scheduled missile test." He noted that before a missile test, notifications are sent to mariners and airmen. This does not appear to be the case here.

At this point, the military is working only with video taken from the local news camera, and NORAD and Northcom apparently were not able to detect the contrail on their own.

It appears from the video, Lapan said, the object was launched from the water and not U.S. soil, though at this point there is no way to be certain.

If a test missile or an accidental missile was launched in the region it would have either come from Naval Air Station Point Mugu or Vandenberg Air Force Base. At sea it could have come from a U.S. submarine or a surface ship. But so far, it all remains a mystery.

Missile Shot Off Los Angeles Still a Mystery for Pentagon Officials - FoxNews.com

----------------------------------------------

Oh, come on! We know the Mexicans are stealing US weapons. Admit it already!

• Banned
Why did you title this thread: "Mexicans Fire Missle in Los Angeles!" ?

Isn't this guy part Mexican?

competition_sideshow_dn2.jpg

Not sure it was Mexicans but this is pretty strange. Our Government doesn't know anything about this? Looked like a fairly large Missile. An accidental launch? Scary stuff for sure.

Vandenberg is 3 hours north of LA, so it didn't come from there.

If this was an accidental launch,people have good reason to be afraid. How can our Government not know anything about this?

Ellsworth: 'it could be a test firing of an ICBM to show our military might while Obama is in Asia'

:lol: Yeah, because the rest of the world has NO IDEA that we have enough firepower to destroy the entire planet.

"Not sure it was Mexicans but this is pretty strange. Our Government doesn't know anything about this? Looked like a fairly large Missile. An accidental launch? Scary stuff for sure. "

"If this was an accidental launch,people have good reason to be afraid. How can our Government not know anything about this?
"

:lol: it's every thread! Let's document this disorder.

Not sure it was Mexicans but this is pretty strange. Our Government doesn't know anything about this? Looked like a fairly large Missile. An accidental launch? Scary stuff for sure.

I would be more inclined to believe it Was Either Russian or Chinese Navy. Probably a test to see if they could get close enough to use short range missiles on us.

I would also be willing to bet Our government does Know about it. If the source was China, or Russia's navy, or even a fuck up by our Navy. I doubt they would be in a hurry to talk about it.

Not sure why the OP is implying it was Mexicans, that seems rather unlikely to me.

Last edited:
Ellsworth: 'it could be a test firing of an ICBM to show our military might while Obama is in Asia'

:lol: Yeah, because the rest of the world has NO IDEA that we have enough firepower to destroy the entire planet.

Yea Ellsworth's explanation seems pretty lame. I doubt he's right.

If this was an accidental launch,people have good reason to be afraid. How can our Government not know anything about this?

Trans World Airlines Flight 800 (TWA 800), a Boeing 747-131, exploded and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near East Moriches, New York, on July 17, 1996, at about 20:31 EDT (00:31, July 18 UTC), 12 minutes after takeoff, killing all 230 persons on board. TWA 800 was a scheduled international passenger flight from New York City, New York to Rome, Italy, with a stopover in Paris, France.[1]

The missile theory emerged because of eyewitnesses in the Long Island area who reported seeing something resembling a flare or firework ascend and explode. However, analysis by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) concluded that they saw only the burning aircraft, not a missile attack.[12]

TWA Flight 800 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oops...did I just move this to the 'conspiracy' file?

Trans World Airlines Flight 800 (TWA 800), a Boeing 747-131, exploded and crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near East Moriches, New York, on July 17, 1996, at about 20:31 EDT (00:31, July 18 UTC), 12 minutes after takeoff, killing all 230 persons on board. TWA 800 was a scheduled international passenger flight from New York City, New York to Rome, Italy, with a stopover in Paris, France.[1]

The missile theory emerged because of eyewitnesses in the Long Island area who reported seeing something resembling a flare or firework ascend and explode. However, analysis by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) concluded that they saw only the burning aircraft, not a missile attack.[12]

TWA Flight 800 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oops...did I just move this to the 'conspiracy' file?

Yea that was a strange case for sure. Not sure i buy the Government's story on it. This one seems pretty strange too.

Think Venezuela, think Russia, think Iran.

Venezuela! :lol:

Yeah they swung all the way around underneath us and snuck up on the West Coast. We never saw it coming!

And don't even get me started on Iran :rofl:

New Topics

Forum List

Back