Mexican Terrorists: a Bad Analogy.

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by sealadaigh, Nov 16, 2012.

1. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    a simplistic analogy is a poor analogy when dealing with complex issues.

besides, the cisco kid, he was a friend of mine. hasta la victoria siempre.

imagine if the lenape tribe, which inhabited the delaware and lehigh valley to include the area where new york city and long island is, were pushed westward beginning in the mid 1600s until they finally ended up in the dakotas. living there or three hundred years, they intermarried extensively, and yet still managed to maintain a very small remnant of their tribal identity.

then, about two hundred and fifty years later, in the early 1900s, they decide they want to return home, and a combined body of european and asian powers decide that a new country, lenapia, would be formed in their former hunting grounds of NYC and the surrounding area.

by the mid 1900s, the lenape shove the new yorkers out to long island and just take over completely the whole NYC region, leaving the new yorkers with no rights, living in abject poverty and under the thumb of and rule of the lenapes. to maintain that hegemony, the lenapes receive modern weaponry from china, who also subsidize them with an incredible financial aid package. meanwhile, many of the native new yorkers have been relegated to refugee camps.

the new yorkers want to avoid being pushed out of long island so resistance movements form and fight back with whatever is at their disposal.

now whose side do you think you are on, because the lenape people still exist actually, and they have more of a claim to their ancient lands than do european jews have to israel.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  2. georgephillip

georgephillip Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,039
    Imagine if the Lenape had as many mushroom cloud makers as the Hebrews?

I suspect Jillian's "terrorist group of Mexicans" will find themselves on the receiving end of hundreds of US Hellfire missiles once this country can no longer borrow enough money to kill thousands of innocent Muslims in Pakistan and Yemen.

Should that come to pass, things will really heat up in my neighborhood.

3. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    thanks george. i guess this threaad runs parallel to jillians but showedd up late for that one. of course my hindsight is 20/20...i probably should have chosen a diferent title. the reason i missed the "if a terrorist group of mexicans" is because i thought it was about a drug cartel.

i am tired of the rants and raves of the israel/palestine board. i think most of the pro-peace/pro-palestinian posters are also, and we know that the rants and raves pretty much come from the israeli side of things because they really don't have a leg to stand on.

anyway, this is a refuge for them to discuss the current crisis and avoid some of the more outrageous hate and propaganda sites over there.

anyway, let's see what happens, but i have zero intention of going back. it is ridiculous. i mean, they scream we are running away but...hardly. iy was a sick and toxic environment over there.

the thing is,,,israel will never beat HAMAS and HAMAS will never go away. that is one reality, and israel makes the same mistake over and over and over again and has, actually, no intent on seeking a just peace.

4. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    hey george, thanks for posting.

my analogy was unweildy to say the leaast, but i didn't want to begin arguing with one foot in the grave following an analogy of mexican rocket fire so i started here.

anyway, indofred has started a thread that introduces the issue better than i have, so i think i will ust redirect you, and anyone else who shows up, here...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean...hould-change-sides-and-support-palestine.html

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    More claim?

CLAIM?!

What does "claim" have to do with it?

The question is answered by the following:

Who has the superior force to impose their will on the other?

Geopolitics does not have a moral component.

Nation states are amoral.

The concept of right and wrong has nothing to do with settling disputes between nations or peoples.

You haven't yet noticed that?

6. idb

idb Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,805
    That's what it comes down to in the end.

7. patrickcaturday

patrickcaturday Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Thank you Seal for attempting to restore some sanity to the board, it it greatly appreciated

8. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    lol...well, if i understand that concept correctly, hitler was right regarding the european jews, the roma, the mentally ill, homosexuals, and some other groups but not right on the beaches of normandy.

9. idb

idb Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,805
    The unfortunate truth is that if he had stayed on his side of the border he might well have been proven right, no one was riding to the rescue of those poor folk otherwise.

10. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    so, if hitler had only killed german jews, roma, the handicapped, gays, he would have been right?

and while we are in the subject of borders...iran hasn't crossed any.

if you want to do "might makes right", i'm game, but let's at least do it consistantly and leave the jingoism in our rucks.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012