Mexican state attorney general arrested at U.S. border in San Diego on drug trafficking charges

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Mexican state attorney general arrested at U.S. border in San Diego on drug trafficking charges

Federal agents in San Diego have arrested the attorney general for the Mexican state of Nayarit on charges that he conspired to smuggle heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine into the U.S.

Edgar Veytia, 46, was detained Monday at the U.S. border in San Diego on an indictment handed down by a grand jury in New York, Ralph DeSio, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said Wednesday.

The indictment was filed March 2 in the Eastern District of New York — the same jurisdiction where federal prosecutors have charged Sinaloa cartel commander Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán — and a U.S. magistrate judge in Brooklyn unsealed the charging papers on Tuesday.

As attorney general, Veytia is the top law enforcement official in Nayarit, a state in western Mexico between the cities of Mazatlán and Puerto Vallarta.

The indictment accuses Veytia of conspiring to manufacture and distribute illicit drugs and import them into the U.S. from 2013 — the year he became attorney general — until February of this year. Court papers refer to Veytia by a range of aliases, including Diablo, Eepp and Lic veytia.

Federal officials did not release additional details about the inquiry except that it involved agents from the FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.

Mexican media reported allegations of ties between Veytia and the Jalisco New Generation cartel. In 2011, Veytia was the target of an unsuccessful assassination attempt later linked to those affiliated with the Sinaloa cartel, local media reported.

After his arrest, Veytia appeared before a federal magistrate judge Tuesday and was being held in the Metropolitan Correctional Center in San Diego, according to custody records...

Donald Trump was right:

Build the wall and deport the illegals. :)

Last edited:
I agree. Build the wall and kick these corrupt people out. Theres just too much bullshit happening with this particular culture right now. Let them get their shit under control in Mexico, raise a couple generations of kids the RIGHT way, then we can talk about bringing some of them over here.

I agree. Build the wall and kick these corrupt people out. Theres just too much bullshit happening with this particular culture right now. Let them get their shit under control in Mexico, raise a couple generations the RIGHT way, then we can talk about bringing some of them over here.

Definitely. I'm all for ending the drug war, but I'm also all for enforcing the border and putting Mexican cartels out of business and/or taking them out.

Federal agents in San Diego have arrested the attorney general for the Mexican state of Nayarit on charges that he conspired to smuggle heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine into the U.S.

Edgar Veytia, 46, was detained Monday at the U.S. border in San Diego on an indictment handed down by a grand jury in New York, Ralph DeSio, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said Wednesday.

The indictment was filed March 2 in the Eastern District of New York — the same jurisdiction where federal prosecutors have charged Sinaloa cartel commander Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán — and a U.S. magistrate judge in Brooklyn unsealed the charging papers on Tuesday.

As attorney general, Veytia is the top law enforcement official in Nayarit, a state in western Mexico between the cities of Mazatlán and Puerto Vallarta.

The indictment accuses Veytia of conspiring to manufacture and distribute illicit drugs and import them into the U.S. from 2013 — the year he became attorney general — until February of this year. Court papers refer to Veytia by a range of aliases, including Diablo, Eepp and Lic veytia.

Federal officials did not release additional details about the inquiry except that it involved agents from the FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.

Mexican media reported allegations of ties between Veytia and the Jalisco New Generation cartel. In 2011, Veytia was the target of an unsuccessful assassination attempt later linked to those affiliated with the Sinaloa cartel, local media reported.

After his arrest, Veytia appeared before a federal magistrate judge Tuesday and was being held in the Metropolitan Correctional Center in San Diego, according to custody records...

Donald Trump was right:

I guess Trump can start calling for RESTITUTION and payback for crime, starting with Mexican govt officials who are in on the corruption and trafficking.

And next, go after US govt corruption that has been traced to trafficking of not only drugs but immigrants.

Under RICO provisions, victims including communities affected by organized racketeering crimes can claim property assets as RESTITUTION that were abused for trafficking.

If anyone here lives in a community, city or district that has been affected by drug trafficking or sex trafficking, there are volunteers who consult with communities citizens and law enforcement to work with RICO statutes to enforce laws and claim restitution. one such consulting resource is Dottie Laster www.lasterglobal.com and the Heidi Search Center in San Antonio www.theheidisearchcenter.org

AsianTrumpSupporter where are you located? if you are anywhere near the border or an affected city, I'm in Houston that is a well known trafficking hub with a sanctuary policy. What do you think of promoting anti-trafficking outreach and support for communities or citizens to reclaim RESTITUTION and back Trump's plans and approaches.

Last edited:

Donald Trump was right:

I guess Trump can start calling for RESTITUTION and payback for crime, starting with Mexican govt officials who are in on the corruption and trafficking.

And next, go after US govt corruption that has been traced to trafficking of not only drugs but immigrants.

Under RICO provisions, victims including communities affected by organized racketeering crimes can claim property assets as RESTITUTION that were abused for trafficking.

If anyone here lives in a community, city or district that has been affected by drug trafficking or sex trafficking, there are volunteers who consult with communities citizens and law enforcement to work with RICO statutes to enforce laws and claim restitution. one such consulting resource is Dottie Laster www.lasterglobal.com and the Heidi Search Center in San Antonio www.theheidisearchcenter.org

AsianTrumpSupporter where are you located? if you are anywhere near a border town or state, I'm in Houston that is a well known trafficking hub with a sanctuary policy. What do you think of promoting anti-trafficking outreach and support for communities or citizens to reclaim RESTITUTION and back Trump's plans and approaches.

I'm about halfway between L.A. and San Francisco in California (closer to L.A.). I used to live in San Diego, then L.A., but now I'm back in my hometown in central California.

I'm ok with restitution. I'd also support using criminal forfeiture laws to seize the assets of employers who knowingly or negligently (i.e., failing to use e-verify) hiring illegal immigrants.

Donald Trump was right:

AsianTrumpSupporter where are you located? if you are anywhere near a border town or state, I'm in Houston that is a well known trafficking hub with a sanctuary policy. What do you think of promoting anti-trafficking outreach and support for communities or citizens to reclaim RESTITUTION and back Trump's plans and approaches.

I'm about halfway between L.A. and San Francisco in California (closer to L.A.). I used to live in San Diego, then L.A., but now I'm back in my hometown in central California.

I'm ok with restitution. I'd also support using criminal forfeiture laws to seize the assets of employers who knowingly or negligently (i.e., failing to use e-verify) hiring illegal immigrants.

Hey ATS who are your CONSERVATIVE Congress or State Reps?
Would they support lobbying for these BUSINESSES that owe PENALTIES and RESTITUTION to invest in building LEGAL
factories and facilities along the border and not just a wall?

SEE former Gov. Schwarzeneggar's proposal to build prisons in Mexico:
Schwarzenegger: Send prisoners to Mexico

Why not build military prisons and teaching hospitals to create jobs for Vets where the same resources double as border security?

If you can get your Reps in contact with USVETS, that nationwide group consults to place qualified Vets with corporate jobs. Why not create jobs in govt for Vets in developing and securing the border.

NOTE: if you have liberal reps, no problem. The Democrats are all pushing for prison and health care reform. So this plan can tie in effectively with reforming prisons and immigrant detention as CAMPUS facilities (which should include medical programs and clinics for public health services) where residents could be REQUIRED TO ENROLL to track their status; why not take the federal exchanges created under ACA and apply that to inmate and immigrants who require govt management.

Last edited:

Donald Trump was right:

Hey ATS who are your CONSERVATIVE Congress or State Reps?
Would they support lobbying for these BUSINESSES that owe PENALTIES and RESTITUTION to invest in building LEGAL
factories and facilities along the border and not just a wall?

SEE former Gov. Schwarzeneggar's proposal to build prisons in Mexico:
Schwarzenegger: Send prisoners to Mexico

Why not build military prisons and teaching hospitals to create jobs for Vets where the same resources double as border security?

If you can get your Reps in contact with USVETS, that nationwide group consults to place qualified Vets with corporate jobs. Why not create jobs in govt for Vets in developing and securing the border.

NOTE: if you have liberal reps, no problem. The Democrats are all pushing for prison and health care reform. So this plan can tie in effectively with reforming prisons and immigrant detention as CAMPUS facilities (which should include medical programs and clinics for public health services) where residents could be REQUIRED TO ENROLL to track their status; why not take the federal exchanges created under ACA and apply that to inmate and immigrants who require govt management.

To be honest, I don't pay attention to California politicians since they're nearly all Democrats. I mainly just vote for anyone who isn't Democrat when it comes to local politics.

New Topics

Forum List

Back