Mexican standoff? (securing our southern border)

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Mexican standoff?
Friday, July 22, 2005

The only thing more disturbing than Jorge Castaneda's testimony about illegal immigration was the lack of outrage from the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations.

Mr. Castaneda had been the Mexican foreign minister in the current Vicente Fox administration. He now is a New York University professor and independent candidate for president of Mexico.

Opponents of illegal immigration are incensed because Castaneda said the United States cannot secure its southern border without Mexico's blessing. And that it will not have Mexico's blessing until America agrees to a series of almost non-negotiable demands.

"Unless and until both governments bite the bullet and reach an understanding on an all-encompassing joint border security initiative, with adequate funding and infrastructure, the violence and criminal activity at the border will remain unabated," he told the senators. Unilateral measures relating to immigration that are adopted by the U.S. without consultation and agreement with Mexico are doomed to fail, he said.

"If there is no cooperation from the source country on either a guest worker program, or an earned regularization scheme, I cannot see how the U.S. on its own will be able to deal with the enormous operational complexities involved."

Castaneda's testimony of July 12 is available online at: http://foreign.senate.gov/

"They constantly talk of respect but they do not respect our borders at all," said Dan Stein, president of the Federation for American Immigration Reform. "I am 100 percent certain he is articulating views publicly that Mexican officials hold privately.

"When will we wake up and smell the coffee? We are not obligated to absorb the people that they won't find jobs for in their own country."

Mr. Stein believes Mexico needs tough love for its own good.

Mexico's refusal to stop the stealth invasion of this republic by illegals harms Mexico. "They are encouraging motivated, hardworking, industrious people to leave," Stein said. "Those most likely to be productive are the ones encouraged to leave the country."

Castaneda cannot be blamed for saying what he did.

Blame the Bush administration as well as the bipartisan lack of resolve inside the Beltway to defend the border. If Castaneda "cannot see how the U.S. on its own will be able to deal with the enormous operational complexities involved" it is because he never has seen this republic try.

And the violence and criminal activity at the border will remain unabated because Mexico is incapable, unwilling or probably both to do anything about it.

The United States has done nothing to encourage another attitude. Mexico's arrogance about its right to populate the United States one illegal at a time can be directly traced to this nation's indifference.

Put the fear of God into Mexico about its attitude toward illegal immigration, spell out the consequences of refusing to respect this nation's sovereignty and stated immigration policy, and the problem is arrested before it reaches Arizona.

And as for those profiles in courage in the Senate, why didn't the senators speak up about Castaneda's outrageous comments?

Andy Fisher, the committee's press secretary, said "it is not in the nature of most of our committee members to yell at our witnesses."

Or even to speak above a whisper.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/opinion/columnists/vassilaros/print_355870.html

Good post... I find that the most important point for me is not the outrage, but the political will. I found your explanation of political will to get the job done, the most important part of the problem. It is not that we cannot maintain our borders, countries throughout the world do it without the help of their neighbor. We just don't care enough yet to secure them. Until we do care, nothing significant will change. It is like this election, immigration was swept under the rug and will probably stay there.

Anyone notice it's more than 3 years old? (Not just the article, but the original post).

"Bring out your dead!"

Good post... I find that the most important point for me is not the outrage, but the political will. I found your explanation of political will to get the job done, the most important part of the problem. It is not that we cannot maintain our borders, countries throughout the world do it without the help of their neighbor. We just don't care enough yet to secure them. Until we do care, nothing significant will change. It is like this election, immigration was swept under the rug and will probably stay there.

It isn't even that we don't care enough. Noth political parties care VERY much ... about the Hispanic vote. Neither is going to do a damned thing to alienate it.

You can call it what you will ... I'm sure the whiners will be along to call me a racist ... but the fact is, minorities in this country don't vote with their minds. They vote with their group.

Try explaining to Hispanic Americans that pay taxes they are footing the bill for illegals burdening our social infrastructure every bit as much as someone as white as Caper the Ghost. They can't see it. All they see is whitey voting against Mexicans because they have groups like LULAC telling them that's what it is.

Neither political party is going to risk alienating an entire minority group with as much voting power and growing as Hispanic Americans.

It isn't even that we don't care enough. Noth political parties care VERY much ... about the Hispanic vote. Neither is going to do a damned thing to alienate it.

You can call it what you will ... I'm sure the whiners will be along to call me a racist ... but the fact is, minorities in this country don't vote with their minds. They vote with their group.

Try explaining to Hispanic Americans that pay taxes they are footing the bill for illegals burdening our social infrastructure every bit as much as someone as white as Caper the Ghost. They can't see it. All they see is whitey voting against Mexicans because they have groups like LULAC telling them that's what it is.

Neither political party is going to risk alienating an entire minority group with as much voting power and growing as Hispanic Americans.
Speaking of voting with groups... why is the military voting over whelmingly republican... I mean, theyve been shortchanging our soldiers and vets for decades.. yet.. they vote for em... Some might say thats down right irrational...

There is a group of Americans of hispanic desent called "You don't speak for me", they are as upset about the illegals as we are, more so as they are facing a lot of backlash even though they are innocent in this.

The problem is these illegals come here and have kids and raise their kids to be Mexicans, they claim their kids are Americans only when it benefits them. The truth is that the 14th Amendment doesn't make them citizens, it never did. It has this little clause that says "under the jurisdiction thereof" which makes is so people who are not under our jurisdiction are not citizens. We need to take the 14th Amendment to the supreme court and have it ruled on. I have a hard time believing that an Amendment that specifically denies citizenship to children born here to legal diplomats, was ever intended to grant citizenship to children born to illegal aliens.

BTW did anyone read about that special needs man that when arrested by the police said he was "Mexican" and so they shipped him south of the border but it turns out he was born here? I think that proves my point. His parents didn't raise him to be American, they raised him to be Mexican and it came back to bit them in the behind. Now they want to sue us for sending their kid to Mexico.

I agree both parties are out to get the vote of people who have no right to be voting in our country but I think it's fairly obvious they are voting in our country.

Don't put anybody in power unless you know for sure that the USA and its citizens is their first and foremost PRIORITY!

Hi CP:

I really wish the typical USMB member and reader would wake-the-hell-up about Open Border Lobby Disinformation Propaganda being injected into the Illegal "Hiring" Of Illegal Aliens Debate ...

Mexican standoff?
Friday, July 22, 2005

The only thing more disturbing than Jorge Castaneda's testimony about illegal immigration was the lack of outrage from the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations.

Mr. Castaneda had been the Mexican foreign minister in the current Vicente Fox administration. He now is a New York University professor and independent candidate for president of Mexico.

Opponents of illegal immigration are incensed because Castaneda said the United States cannot secure its southern border without Mexico's blessing. And that it will not have Mexico's blessing until America agrees to a series of almost non-negotiable demands ...

The root of our Illegal Alien Invasion Problem in the USA today has NOTHING (say 'nothing' 3 times) to do with securing the border. Nothing, nothing and NOTHING. Those among us pointing fingers at the southern border are doing everything to divert attention 'away' from the real problem.

1. The real problem is that our perfectly good Immigration and Employment Laws are NOT being ENFORCED at the workplace!

2. The real problem is that our perfectly good Immigration and Employment Laws are NOT being ENFORCED at the workplace!

3. The real problem is that our perfectly good Immigration and Employment Laws are NOT being ENFORCED at the workplace!

If our Immigration and Employment Laws are ENFORCED at the workplace, then nobody can hire Illegal Aliens and they will find their own way back home. No fence is required! Almost half of the 20 to 30 MILLION goddamned Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals currently 'displacing' U.S. Workers from identities and JOBS came to the USA 'legally' and have simply overstayed their visas 'and' NOBODY is looking for them.

If nobody is going to ENFORCE our Immigration and Employment Laws, then no amount of fencing is going to keep the whole wide world from coming here! This brings me to the second point that should be made three times for clarity.

Nancy Pelosi is calling on the Roman Catholic Church to rally the Catholics in support of "Immigration Reform" (story).

1. We need NO Immigration Reform! What we need in the USA today is ENFORCEMENT of our perfectly good Immigration and Employment Laws already on the books!

2. We need NO Immigration Reform! What we need in the >USA today is ENFORCEMENT of our perfectly good Immigration and Employment Laws already on the books!

3. We need NO Immigration Reform! What we need in the >USA today is ENFORCEMENT of our perfectly good Immigration and Employment Laws already on the books!

The Open Border Lobby idiots in both Houses of our Corrupt Congress are doing NOTHING to provide Congressional Oversight over the corrupt Obama Regime to ensure that our perfectly good Immigration and Employment Laws 'are' being ENFORCED. These same Open Border Lobby idiots in both Houses of our Corrupt Congress have NO credibility and cannot be trusted to create a new set of Immigration Laws that they also will NOT see enforced.

This is where the rubber meets the road on this Illegal 'Hiring' Of Illegal Aliens Debate in the USA today: We The Sheeple must force the Obama Regime and our Corrupt Congress into ENFORCING our Immigration and Employment Laws!!! If We The Sheeple cannot force our bought-and-paid-for Govt to ENFORCE the Immigration and Employment Laws, then the back door will remain wide open and U.S. Workers will continue to be 'displaced' in record numbers 'and' house prices will continue to go DOWN and foreclosures and bankruptcies will continue to go UP with the declining Consumer/Tax Base.

Forget about the Illegal Aliens running around loose EVERYWHERE 'and' simply go after the American 'Employers' illegally 'hiring' them ...

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
Why post that here.. seems to me that there are representatives that would better serve you if you write them...

Been there, done that. I have a whole bunch of emails...all saying why my representatives support the "dream act". Not one of the directly addresses the fact that an official of the Mexican government has told American citizens "This has been and will be Mexico again." Not one of them has explained why an amendment which specifically denies citizenship to children born to legal diplomats can be interpreted as providing citizenship to children born to illegal immigrants. Not one of them has explained what they are going to do about the growing invasion. And yes, it's an invasion. When Americans are told to leave the city they grew up in by Mexicans because it now belongs to them, what other interpretation can their be?

Forum List

Back