Mexican immigration is now net zero

I bet the horrible economy has something to do with the downturn in illegals. If folks born and educated here having a hard time finding a job, it follows illegals aren’t going to do well either. I understand that the almighty supreme court didn’t find Arizona's SB 1070 unconstitutional. The Feds aren’t enforcing immigration laws vey well. Heaven forbid the STATE try to do it, though. The actual people that are being affected, they better not threaten the government’s impotence.

Last edited:
The consequences to employers for hiring no doubt played the key roll. It's becoming harder and harder for illegals to mount the paperwork cycle without tremendous expense.

The thing is, as usual, there is not a single reason, but rather multiple reasons for illegal immigration decreasing under President Obama but-----but one of those reasons is the lower birth rate in Mexico. IOW - Planned Parenthood, birth control, and abortion are part of them illegal immigration solution.

Actually, it was the procedures that the states have enacted, such as in Georgia, to which I was referring. I think they have played the major part in deterring illegal immigration, not anything the Federal government has done, which is very little.

The consequences to employers for hiring no doubt played the key roll. It's becoming harder and harder for illegals to mount the paperwork cycle without tremendous expense.

Yep, I agree the Obama strategy is working, but some things are outside the purview of statute. Ever since Mexfam and International Planned Parenthood hooked up in an effort to lower the Mexican birth rate and number of children per Mexican woman those numbers have been halved.

Another part of the equation is abortion. Like it or not rightwingers, Catholic Mexican abortions are playing a role in lowering the Mexican birth rate. The abortion rate in Mexico has risen by over 36 times between 1995 and 2010.

The thing is, as usual, there is not a single reason, but rather multiple reasons for illegal immigration decreasing under President Obama but-----but one of those reasons is the lower birth rate in Mexico. IOW - Planned Parenthood, birth control, and abortion are part of them illegal immigration solution.

Experts say is is the poor US economy that is the major factor another huge factor are the state laws cracking down on illegal immigrants. These are the reasons for the slow down of illegal immigration, not your other ideas. I think I'll go with the experts.

When the US economy improves do you think the illegal immigration will increase? I know it will. Just as this recession and slow recovery has slowed it down.

Forum List

Back