Mexican immigration at 46 year low - thanks Obama

If the economy comes back, so will the illegals, if there is no real border enforcement.

Imagine if the US helped Mexico to be stronger economically.
What was NAFTA???

Something that wasn't that great for Mexico.
Mexico has the exact same geography as Southern California, why are the economies so vastly different?

Lots of reasons. But I'm not going to list a history of Mexico here.

If the economy comes back, so will the illegals, if there is no real border enforcement.

What was NAFTA???

Mexico has the exact same geography as Southern California, why are the economies so vastly different?

System of government being at the top of your list, right?

What was NAFTA???

System of government being at the top of your list, right?

It's there. But history of government has a lot to do with it too.

Mexico was formerly a part of Spain. You see how differently Spanish speaking countries have done to English speaking countries.

At the same time Japan and South Korea were disasters, for different reasons, at the end of WW2 and the Korean War.

you would have to get rid of the cartels first....

Not necessarily.

Japan had the Yakuza. But with a more powerful government, with more money the cartels would disappear slowly. You can't just jump into a different situation, it takes time.

Not necessarily.

Japan had the Yakuza. But with a more powerful government, with more money the cartels would disappear slowly. You can't just jump into a different situation, it takes time.
i dont think the Yakuza beheaded people and hung them from bridges, they try and stay low key,and are culturally and socially acknowledged... the cartels are pure terror....

Not necessarily.

i dont think the Yakuza beheaded people and hung them from bridges, they try and stay low key,and are culturally and socially acknowledged... the cartels are pure terror....

10 Most Dangerous Gangs In The World

The Yakuza gets in 7th on this list. Okay MS-13 gets first. But that doesn't mean they're not bad.

Beheading people isn't the main problem here. The main problem is that they restrict economic growth around them because of lack of stability and safety.

Not necessarily.

The Yakuza gets in 7th on this list. Okay MS-13 gets first. But that doesn't mean they're not bad.

Beheading people isn't the main problem here. The main problem is that they restrict economic growth around them because of lack of stability and safety.
yea beheading isnt the main problem here,but it is a problem in Mexico....

Not necessarily.

Well, killings are a problem, whether they're beheaded or not is not really much of an issue.

Not necessarily.

Well, killings are a problem, whether they're beheaded or not is not really much of an issue.
oh its not?....

Not necessarily.

oh its not?....

If 200 people die in your village, are you more concerned with whether they were beheaded, or that they died?

oh its not?....

If 200 people die in your village, are you more concerned with whether they were beheaded, or that they died?
if the 200 died because of the cartel it doesnt matter does it?.....and if ten of those people were beheaded it kinda sends a message to the survivors doesnt it?.....you should talk to some people who experienced cartel beheadings in their town.......when i lived in Anaheim the guy in the ally behind me,his family were survivors of the Manzanillo cartel massacre...12 bodies 7 were beheaded....those beheading left a bigger impression than the killings to his brother and dad.......

oh its not?....

if the 200 died because of the cartel it doesnt matter does it?.....and if ten of those people were beheaded it kinda sends a message to the survivors doesnt it?.....you should talk to some people who experienced cartel beheadings in their town.......when i lived in Anaheim the guy in the ally behind me,his family were survivors of the Manzanillo cartel massacre...12 bodies 7 were beheaded....those beheading left a bigger impression than the killings to his brother and dad.......

Yes, it sends a message. But the problem is a massage is already being sent with the murders.

The people might live in more fear, but the reality is the damage has already been done.

oh its not?....

Yes, it sends a message. But the problem is a massage is already being sent with the murders.

The people might live in more fear, but the reality is the damage has already been done.
well thats the way you look at it,but then you have never experienced one of these things have you?.....the guy and his dad told me,well the son actually,dad did not speak English, that there are lots of murders in Mexico....but the beheadings were what people were talking about...

Started back in 2004.

migrantperagent.jpg

Apprehensions.png

New data show migration across U.S.-Mexico border at 46-year low

“These numbers show that Border Patrol agents are stopping, on average, one or two people per month along the U.S.-Mexico border. Where’s the urgent need to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on further expanding this agency? If Congress approves the wall-building and agent-hiring in the 2018 Homeland Security Bill, they’re wasting taxpayer money without actually addressing very real challenges that do need attention along the U.S.-Mexico border,” said WOLA Director for Defense Oversight Adam Isacson.

====================

Because they have control of the Government, Republicans are like drunken sailors.

Spend trillions on tax cuts for the rich.

Spend billions on an unneeded wall.

More bombs

Things they don't want to spend money on:

Children's healthcare
School lunches for poor children
Infrastructure
The poor
The middle class.

It's lucky they know where they keep their priorities.
------------------------------------------------------------ only ONE illegal in the USA is one too many DeanRD !!

oh its not?....

well thats the way you look at it,but then you have never experienced one of these things have you?.....the guy and his dad told me,well the son actually,dad did not speak English, that there are lots of murders in Mexico....but the beheadings were what people were talking about...

Yes, people talk about beheadings because there are beheadings. Without the beheadings they'd be talking about the murders.

Beheadings are done to put fear into people. But murder is still murder. If you're disrupting the stability of an area, then business is much harder. People still try and get on with their lives, or they flee because they don't want to die.

Whether they die and get their head taken off or not, it's still dying, and it still put fears into people.

oh its not?....

Yes, people talk about beheadings because there are beheadings. Without the beheadings they'd be talking about the murders.

Beheadings are done to put fear into people. But murder is still murder. If you're disrupting the stability of an area, then business is much harder. People still try and get on with their lives, or they flee because they don't want to die.

Whether they die and get their head taken off or not, it's still dying, and it still put fears into people.
no they would not,murders are like here,after a while life goes on.....beheadings are different....i will take the word of people who have experienced it over yours.....they remembered the beheadings ....thats what they were talking about...

no they would not,murders are like here,after a while life goes on.....beheadings are different....i will take the word of people who have experienced it over yours.....they remembered the beheadings ....thats what they were talking about...

And if there weren't beheadings, would they not remember the murders?

Forum List

Back