Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

yeah, Obama could have ended the drug war. Wonder how much money he's getting from those interested in keeping it going.

how about we put a price on their heads...that a non state act of "war"...and since obama is at war with drugs....let's go obama...you gonna let some thugs south of the border put a million dollar bounty on one of our country's law enforcement officers?

how about we put a price on their heads...that a non state act of "war"...and since obama is at war with drugs....let's go obama...you gonna let some thugs south of the border put a million dollar bounty on one of our country's law enforcement officers?

Why hasn't anyone done that before? I mean hasnt the War on Drugs been around a while?

Why hasn't anyone done that before? I mean hasnt the War on Drugs been around a while?

iirc...i don't think the cartel has ever been this strong...it now takes the mexican military to fight this war and they aren't doing a very good job

iirc...i don't think the cartel has ever been this strong...it now takes the mexican military to fight this war and they aren't doing a very good job

Well, the portion of the Mexican military not in the pockets of the cartels...

PHOENIX - He's been at the center of the discussions and controversies surrounding illegal immigration enforcement in Arizona for quite a while.

On the day parts of Arizona's immigration law, SB 1070, went into effect, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is in the news for another reason: there's a price on his head - allegedly offered by a Mexican drug cartel.

The audio message in Spanish is a bit garbled, but the text is clear.

"It's offering a million dollars for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's head and offering a thousand dollars for anyone who wants to join the Mexican cartel."

Although the Sheriff has received numerous death threats in the past, they believe this threat is credible because of its timing.

"Arpaio gets threats pretty routinely, but obviously with this heightened awareness of his role in the immigration issue we've got to take this one a little bit more seriously with a million dollar contract out on him," said Allen.

Here's hoping the Drug Cartel doesn't end up getting anyone who succeeds in getting that bounty.

Well, the portion of the Mexican military not in the pockets of the cartels...

true...it is amazing to me how corrupt that nation is

Everyone in law enforcement knows the "war on drugs" is a joke.
We do not want to win the war on drugs.
On every major intersection you have CVS, Eckerds and Walgreens fighting for the turf.
We are a nation addicted to drugs. Decriminalize all drugs and the cartels are gone tomorrow.
Americans are notorious about these sort of things. They believe they can dictate to other countries what to do. We sell more illegal drugs to other countries than all drugs combined that come here. We are damn hypocrits. We sell illegal tobacco all up and down the South American coast line and subsidize the tobacco companies to smuggle their drugs into those countries.
Drugs are a HEALTH problem, never a crime problem unless stupid laws of prohibition allow criminals to do it.

Didn't see the earlier made thread due to it being in CE. Threads Merged and moved to proper subforum.

I wonder if there is a phone number we can call to donate 10 bucks to help raise the bounty?

I have no use for Arpaio.

I kinda hope someone collects.

We just have to make sure Arizona Sheriffs get the big gun by sending our donations.

The Cartel Corridor « LiveshotsJul 27, 2010 ... Pinal County, Arizona Sheriff Paul Babeu is raising money to privately ... He even has a website asking for donations. Babeu says the Obama ...
liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/07/27/the-cartel-corridor/ - Cached

Well........if he goes too far with this publicity, some idiot is gonna try to collect on the bounty.

Wonder what the fallout would be of something like that? Possible Iron Curtain?

Gee I wonder if Obama is on the side of the cartel or the US Citizen.... Something tells me he is not too concerned about Sheriff Joe....Especially since he probably is a Republican.

So, you really wonder if Obama might be on the side of the Mexican cartel? Seriously?

Well he did stand there like an idiot while the mexican dude blamed america first,, fact is he even smiled and applauded.. asswipe.

Gee I wonder if Obama is on the side of the cartel or the US Citizen.... Something tells me he is not too concerned about Sheriff Joe....Especially since he probably is a Republican.

As I heard it on the radio a few minutes ago, it's not "alleged". The FBI informed the Sheriff of the threat. Funnily enough, the Sheriff said it's not the fist time there's been a bounty on his head, last time it was $4,000,000. He said things must be getting really bad in Mexico. :lol:

Forum List

Back