Methodists: Nelson, Put Aside Personal Agenda

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Methodists work Nelson: 'Set aside his personal agenda and think about the common good' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

December 18, 2009
Categories: Healthcare
Methodists work Nelson: 'Set aside his personal agenda and think about the common good'

Senator Ben Nelson's United Methodist Church sent out a sharply-worded email this afternoon to its members in Nebraska, urging them to push Nelson to vote for health care legislation, a sign of the increasing organization and sophistication of left-leaning religious groups.

Says the email from a church official:

The U.S. health-care system is broken. It needs to be repaired. Your U.S. senator, Ben Nelson, is the last holdout blocking an important step forward in the reform.

It is important that Sen. Nelson set aside his personal agenda and think about the common good. According to a recent report, if this bill fails to pass, nearly 40,000 Nebraskans will join the ranks of those without health-care coverage....

Frankly, I believe Jesus set the bar high in reaching out to the disenfranchised among us. I disagree that some ought to be able to have better health care than others — and so does The United Methodist Church!

The Senate bill is significant because it contains far more protections for people and covers far more people who currently do not have insurance.
<more>

Methodists work Nelson: 'Set aside his personal agenda and think about the common good' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

December 18, 2009
Categories: Healthcare
Methodists work Nelson: 'Set aside his personal agenda and think about the common good'

Senator Ben Nelson's United Methodist Church sent out a sharply-worded email this afternoon to its members in Nebraska, urging them to push Nelson to vote for health care legislation, a sign of the increasing organization and sophistication of left-leaning religious groups.

Says the email from a church official:

The U.S. health-care system is broken. It needs to be repaired. Your U.S. senator, Ben Nelson, is the last holdout blocking an important step forward in the reform.

It is important that Sen. Nelson set aside his personal agenda and think about the common good. According to a recent report, if this bill fails to pass, nearly 40,000 Nebraskans will join the ranks of those without health-care coverage....

Frankly, I believe Jesus set the bar high in reaching out to the disenfranchised among us. I disagree that some ought to be able to have better health care than others — and so does The United Methodist Church!

The Senate bill is significant because it contains far more protections for people and covers far more people who currently do not have insurance.
<more>

I wonder if the Methodists are for publicly funded abortions, because you know darn good and well this will be written back into this bill once it goes to conference.

nelson002.jpg

Damn you Nelson....damn you...

So Nebraska, and Nevada get a free ride. Which other states do we have to make charitable contributions too? Is there a list?

I told you all yesterday that Nelson would cave. But I gave him until next week.

Libermann is next.

That I understand this far better than you? Nothing necessarily to be proud of, simply fact, Willow Tree. Come around for schooling any time, honey . . . heh heh.

Obama hails 60th Senate vote for health care "At the White House, Obama swiftly welcomed the breakthrough, saying, 'After a nearly century-long struggle, we are on the cusp of making health care reform a reality in the United States of America.'" Obama hails 60th Senate vote for health care - Yahoo! News

Jake...if this thing makes everything worse....on its own without help from anyone...or with the help of those running it.....will you be here to say you may have backed something you shouldn't have?.........just wonderin....

Of course. I have never backed away here if I have been wrong about policy and its effects.

If it works, will you do the same?

Of course. I have never backed away here if I have been wrong about policy and its effects.

If it works, will you do the same?

yes....i am not adverse to praising something or someone if it is something that helps the country and is actually working....its just that these guys in Congress right now are not the brightest group we have had up there,they are near the bottom.....so i have no faith in them and if this thing turns into a nightmare i wont be surprised.....

Forum List

Back