Metaphors that Best Describe...

Capstone

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2012
...your country's government, no matter where you're from.

As a US citizen, I see the federal government as a double-headed Monster. No matter which head wears the presidential crown, or which holds majorities in The House and Senate, the interests of those who created the beast (the nefarious collective of 'Big [fill in the blanks]') will likely continue to take priority over 'The Will of The People'. The business of voting (an exercise hijacked and corrupted long ago by big money influence), in which the best an ordinary citizen can hope for is the teeniest bit of influence on the nature of the crumbs that might fall from the Masters' Table between elections, is patently unfair to the vast majority in this country. Yes, the DNC and the GOP are simply two faces of a single monstrous entity; and behind closed doors, some of the people who've made those faces have been laughing their asses off across the aisle for years.

Well, there's mine. Let's see yours...

I cant present to you decades of COURT documented evidence that the republican party has cheated in elections.

THERE IS NO LIKE record for the dems.

One party believes in Democracy and the other doesnt

Florida Central Voter File - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James Lee's testimony

On 17 April 2001, James Lee testified, before the McKinney panel, that the state had given DBT the directive to add to the purge list people who matched at least 90% of a last name. DBT objected, knowing that this would produce a huge number of false positives (non-felons).[7]

Lee went on saying that the state then ordered DBT to shift to an even lower threshold of 80% match, allowing also names to be reversed (thus a person named Thomas Clarence could be taken to be the same as Clarence Thomas). Besides this, middle initials were skipped, Jr. and Sr. suffixes dropped, and some nicknames and aliases were added to puff up the list.

"DBT told state officials", testified Lee, "that the rules for creating the [purge] list would mean a significant number of people who were not deceased, not registered in more than one county, or not a felon, would be included on the list. DBT made suggestions to reduce the numbers of eligible voters included on the list". According to Lee, to this suggestion the state told the company, "Forget about it".

"The people who worked on this (for DBT) are very adamant... they told them what would happen", said Lee. "The state expected the county supervisors to be the failsafe." Lee said his company will never again get involved in cleansing voting rolls. "We are not confident any of the methods used today can guarantee legal voters will not be wrongfully denied the right to vote", Lee told a group of Atlanta-area black lawmakers in March 2001.[

Judge Denies Republicans' Effort To End Voter Intimidation Consent*Decree : Personal Liberty Digest?

Judge Denies Republicans' Effort To End Voter Intimidation Consent Decree

December 9, 2009 by Personal Liberty News Desk

Last week, a federal judge in New Jersey rejected an attempt by the Republican National Committee (RNC) to dissolve a 27-year-old court order that is intended to prevent the intimidation of minority voters.

Stemming from a lawsuit brought forth by the Democratic National Committee in 1982, a consent decree was agreed upon which forced the RNC to gain court approval to use certain election tactics, including the creation of voter challenge lists, photographing voters at the polls and posting off-duty police at voting locations in minority neighborhoods, according to The New York Times

STOP pretending the facts dont exsist to PROVE the republicans are trying to destroy our Democracy

TM:

I'm not going to waste much time on this, so pay close attention.

I've never voted for any candidate who wasn't a Democrat, because, with a few exceptions (E.G. the gun control issue), liberal ideologies are more in line with my personal beliefs, and the DNC is the lesser of the only two evils realistically available.

Having said that, if you don't see that the corporate puppet masters are in control of both parties in this country, then you're politically blind as a bat.

Now, unless you'd care to formulate a metaphor that expresses your view of our government (which is the challenge posed in the OP -- this is the Writing Forum, after all), kindly piss off...

Forum List

Back