Metamucil and stool

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
It pains me to write about this, but...

My PCP told me once that the best texture for stool is similar to peanut butter or toothpaste. Presumably not "crunchy" peanut butter.

But I find this condition to be unacceptable. And apparently others do as well. Notice the recent spate of television commercials touting textured toilet paper that facilitates a cleaner "wipe." Hear, hear. But this implies that often the "wipe" is not particularly clean. Ick.

Many years ago I spent several months taking a powerful antibiotic (Cipro), and the antibiotic affected the activity of the bacteria in my digestive system. The result was stool that was completely formed "sausages," and after the "cleanup" my TP was usually clean. Excellent, in my opinion.

After I went off the CIpro, everything went back to normal. Upon my next doctor visit I mentioned the change due to the antibiotic, telling him that I liked the effect.

He suggested that I start ingesting Metamucil (fiber), and after some experimentation I found that taking three Metamucil caplets with dinner put me in about the same condition - stool wise - as I was with the antibiotic. Makes me happy. The only downside is that the Metamucil makes me "gassy." Indeed, I think I have dramatically increased my carbon footprint. Small price to pay.

My PCP told me once that the best texture for stool is similar to peanut butter or toothpaste. Presumably not "crunchy" peanut butter.

But I find this condition to be unacceptable. And apparently others do as well. Notice the recent spate of television commercials touting textured toilet paper that facilitates a cleaner "wipe." Hear, hear. But this implies that often the "wipe" is not particularly clean. Ick.

Many years ago I spent several months taking a powerful antibiotic (Cipro), and the antibiotic affected the activity of the bacteria in my digestive system. The result was stool that was completely formed "sausages," and after the "cleanup" my TP was usually clean. Excellent, in my opinion.

After I went off the CIpro, everything went back to normal. Upon my next doctor visit I mentioned the change due to the antibiotic, telling him that I liked the effect.

He suggested that I start ingesting Metamucil (fiber), and after some experimentation I found that taking three Metamucil caplets with dinner put me in about the same condition - stool wise - as I was with the antibiotic. Makes me happy. The only downside is that the Metamucil makes me "gassy." Indeed, I think I have dramatically increased my carbon footprint. Small price to pay.
:eusa_hand:

I've wondered at times how a blind person knows that he is finished wiping.

Speaking of stool...why is it so quiet around here?...where have all the lib posters gone....vacations?...or have the liberals finally surrendered to our wisdom?....

Try turmeric ...it cures everything.
Or throw a party ?

I know one thing you should never do. And that's to take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.

I know one thing you should never do. And that's to take a laxative and a sleeping pill at the same time.
“Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.”
Steven Wright
181771.jpg

I'm trying to figure out any reason at all this dude had to tell us all the poop play by play.

Coming up empty

I'm trying to figure out any reason at all this dude had to tell us all the poop play by play.

Coming up empty
Well, coming up empty is the goal.

Oatmeal. Pearled barley is great when mixed with peppers, onions and garbanzos.
Make those 2 items and eat a little daily and start a social media called "Shitbook". You'll be rich and proud in no time.
Add some canned corn for picture enhancement. It relieves boredumb and helps gauge the "work" you've done. Some corn and beet juice and this would make a famous poster..............somewhere ????
Photo_122005_001.jpg

Oatmeal. Pearled barley is great when mixed with peppers, onions and garbanzos.
Make those 2 items and eat a little daily and start a social media called "Shitbook". You'll be rich and proud in no time.
Add some canned corn for picture enhancement. It relieves boredumb and helps gauge the "work" you've done. Some corn and beet juice and this would make a famous poster..............somewhere ????
Photo_122005_001.jpg
Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww!

Go on an elimination diet...including periods of fasting.

When your cells have experienced enough autophagy and your system has 'reset,' add foods in slowly and you will find the culprit.

People eating pure carnivore and zero fiber poop, just fine. Fiber is merely undigestable food - and the idea was that it forces other undigested food (waste) out of you.

There's new studies suggesting we're wrong about fiber...meanwhile there's studies that shed fiber in a good light.

At the end of the day, you need to learn your own biology and try to fix your ailments through the foods you ingest rather than some dogshit chemicals.

Speaking of stool...why is it so quiet around here?...where have all the lib posters gone....vacations?...or have the liberals finally surrendered to our wisdom?....
I've wondered the same thing. I posted 4 consecutive times on a thread about the Mueller Report, no response. It's my fault. I tormented them by mentioning several times that the Democrats lied about Trump for 3 consecutive years, trying to disable the Executive Branch for a quick kill next time they win the Presidency if they don't disband their party or actually make it public pledge that they're not accepting Christians into their membership any more. So far it's been limited to a few places on major forums and boards, and I've seen it a few times on the R & E chapter of USMB. :dunno:

Maybe they're rethinking conservatism. :D Sez the inveterate optimist...

Or a diuretic and sleeping pill without wearing a depends and remembering to write a sticky note to shower first thing on the bathroom mirror, the refrigerator door, the rear-view mirror in the truck, and over the kitchen sink if you live alone. :eusa_whistle:

Heck, I like to hold mine in for a few days, let it build mass than dump a log that Babe the blue Ox would have trouble hauling, make Paul Bunyan proud.

Forum List

Back