Metallica is back....

Trump.Stamped

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2016

Any Metallica fans on the board? I am one of the fans that they lost starting with the Black album. After all these years, so far I have liked the first 2 songs on their upcoming album.

Looking forward to hearing more.

They lost me with st anger. One of the worst albums I have ever heard.
Load is one of my favorite albums.
This isn't bad..
I have noticed a few groups going back to their roots. Korn for example.
Good on them!
I did like S&M though. but that don't count.

Any Metallica fans on the board? I am one of the fans that they lost starting with the Black album. After all these years, so far I have liked the first 2 songs on their upcoming album.

I stopped listening with the Black album as well. I tried the first release of this new stuff and wasn't impressed. I'm pretty sure they are never going to make anything especially good again. :p

I stopped listening with the Black album as well. I tried the first release of this new stuff and wasn't impressed. I'm pretty sure they are never going to make anything especially good again. :p

I did like the first song "Hardwired." Still deciding on song#2, but I am hopeful.

I'm one of the fans they GAINED with the Black Album. Early stuff just sounded too cold and brittle. But now after hearing them in concert tuned down to Eb, their early stuff sounds much better.
I hated St Anger and put it away for a few years then went back to it. There's plenty of heavy riffs in it but its just hard to hear in slinky Cb. I put together a compilation of St. And Death Magnetic tunes that run about an hour or so. Believe it or not, those two albums fit together pretty well!

I keep playing this one concert over and over. They let the fans chose the set list and some come on stage and introduce the songs. How cool is that?

The new album? Well, I don't know yet. Kinda just sounds like the tunes they left off of Death Magnetic.

I'll give it time.

And Justice needed a proper bass track, but was still great. Maybe their best, or just behind Master.

The Black album is where they decided to try going for a more popular sound. It worked and they stuck with it.

I think the band is going back to their first album. I still prefer their sound in the early 1980s and many other Metallica fans do, too. I used to practice the guitar with their first album just like she does.

Forum List

Back