Messages to the protestors

And there are less jobs because of the economic situation the politicians have put us into. So once again it's the politicians screwing over the country once again. Not Wall Street.

There you go again with 'the politicians did it.'

How?

Pretty sure I said it earlier. But creating the business environment which encouraged businesses to take the actions they have.

Dude, again though, what the fuck are you talking about? Private industry did all these things out of allegiance to their shareholders and officers, and you give them a pass because they claim 'the government made us do it?'

Here's what I'll grant you, when company A does it, company B doesn't have much choice but to follow suite. A outsources his call center, so must B to remain competitive. A ups the anti by importing come cheap parts, so must B, and so on.

But 'The government made me do it?" That's ridiculous, and I'm a bit shocked that you're inclined to believe it.

How?

Pretty sure I said it earlier. But creating the business environment which encouraged businesses to take the actions they have.

Dude, again though, what the fuck are you talking about? Private industry did all these things out of allegiance to their shareholders and officers, and you give them a pass because they claim 'the government made us do it?'

Here's what I'll grant you, when company A does it, company B doesn't have much choice but to follow suite. A outsources his call center, so must B to remain competitive. A ups the anti by importing come cheap parts, so must B, and so on.

But 'The government made me do it?" That's ridiculous, and I'm a bit shocked that you're inclined to believe it.

no, the govt enabled them to do it.

big difference, but i'm not sure you'll get it.

How?

I never said the government made them do it. Try again.

I said the government created the environment which made it more profitable for businesses to implement these practices. Such as outsourcing to use your example.

Quite a LARGE difference from "the government made them do it".

Del: The government enabled them is what I've been saying all along. Do keep up.

Radio. TELL. ME. HOW.

Del: The government enabled them is what I've been saying all along. Do keep up.

Radio. TELL. ME. HOW.

sure you have.

Do you see a pattern emerging here? The government doesn't "DO" any of these things. They only allow it to happen; They only fail to prevent it. And I think that's a big part of the message here - "STOP. LETTING. THIS. HAPPEN."

The protesters, at least as I understand and interpret the movement, are telling their elected officials to stop letting this happen.

And like any other movement, there are some clueless, some no doubt very bright, and a lot of everything in between.

But you agree that a.) the government didn't 'DO this,' but only 'ALLOWED it to happen,' and b.) The government needs to respond to the problem in a meaningful way. Correct?

yeah, sure I have...

Forum List

Back