Message to the little girl worried mommy and daddy will be deported

Kate's law would have done Mr. Grinch proud. Tell me Ray, what would you do if -you- were living in Mexico and couldn't make enough to feed your family there?

Work more hours I suppose.

You clearly have little idea of the wages in Mexico. Let me enlighten you: there is no minimum hourly wage in Mexico, there is a minimum -daily- wage in Mexico:
**The wage increase will raise the general minimum wage from $70.10 Mexican pesos per day (currently, approximately $4.08 USD) to $73.04 Mexican pesos per day (currently, approximately $4.25 USD).**

Source: Mexico Approves an Increase to the Daily Minimum Wage for 2016 | Littler Mendelson P.C.

Have you ever tried living off of $4.25 a day? -Now- do you understand why some Mexicans are so desperate to get up here?

But why is that my problem?

Spoken like a true Scrooge -.- Christmas isn't so far away, perhaps you can get a bit of enlightenment by then.

What if there was no America for them to come to, what would they do then?

Is that the only way you can salve your conscience? By creating an imaginary world where America doesn't exist?

In the meantime, I would work on trying to get into America the legal way, find out what it takes, and what I would have to do to accomplish that goal.

For most people crossing the border illegally (or staying past their permitted time), the answer is, it's not something that can be accomplished:
No “line” is available for the vast majority of unauthorized immigrants.
Immigration to the United States on a temporary or permanent basis is generally limited to three different routes: employment, family reunification, or humanitarian protection. While the U.S. immigration system is generous, each of these possibilities is highly regulated and subject to numerical limitations and eligibility requirements. Most unauthorized immigrants do not have the necessary family or employment relationships and often cannot access humanitarian protection, such as refugee or asylum status.

Source: Why Don’t They Just Get In Line?

The idea that people who live there have families they can't feed tells you there is a problem from the get-go. We have too many citizens like that over here, and when they can't feed their children, they petition the government to take money from successful people to give to them.

If only there were more planned parenthood centers to help people better plan their family's out. Ah, but the Republicans have been decimating them. What's your take on that? Anyway, we can't change the past. What do you do with the people (children and all) who are already here, both U.S. citizens and unauthorized immigrants? Let them starve in the U.S. in the case of residents and deport them to starve in their country of birth for the rest? There are other issues with what you say above as well. For instance, what determines success in a country like the U.S.? Well, it certainly helps if you already come from a wealthy family...
Why the Rich Stay Rich and the Poor Stay Poor

As to taxes, they're now skewed to hit the lower classes much more then the higher classes...
9 Things The Rich Don't Want You To Know About Taxes

I never had children because of my concern of expense.

Likewise. Luckily for me, I'm a man, so I still might consider having them if I ever get more of an income.

And since I (and many others) are responsible people, why in the world would we want more irresponsible people here? And yes, if you are having kids you can't take care of, you are an irresponsible person.

The fact of the matter is, as flacaltenn pointed out a while ago, immigrants wouldn't be going to the U.S. if they couldn't get jobs. You can't get social assistance if you're an unauthorized immigrant. But as to your point: maybe they were doing relatively well when they had children and then their luck changed. But even if they were never doing well enough to financially sustain them, I don't think that turning one's back on them is the right solution. I think a large part of the problem is the way wealth is distributed in most parts of the world- you have a small part of the population that has most of it, the proverbial 1%, and then the rest fight for the scraps to varying degrees. This is -not- the way things have to be. The per capita world domestic product in 2014 was around $16,000- that's for every person on earth. Given the fact that children don't need as much as adults, that type of arrangement could really work. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be more planned parenthood centers, far from it, I think there should definitely be more. But so much could be fixed if there was a more even distribution of wealth.

You clearly have little idea of the wages in Mexico. Let me enlighten you: there is no minimum hourly wage in Mexico, there is a minimum -daily- wage in Mexico:
**The wage increase will raise the general minimum wage from $70.10 Mexican pesos per day (currently, approximately $4.08 USD) to $73.04 Mexican pesos per day (currently, approximately $4.25 USD).**

Have you ever tried living off of $4.25 a day? -Now- do you understand why some Mexicans are so desperate to get up here?

They are rich compared to what the Chinese make, so should we allow all billion of those Chinese to come here? And if not, why not?

Spoken like a true Scrooge -.- Christmas isn't so far away, perhaps you can get a bit of enlightenment by then.

No, I won't. Because what I see are people coming here and ruining our country. They are suppressing wages for real working Americans. They are changing our language. They are costing us billions of dollars trying to keep them the hell out of here. They are taking American jobs. Sorry if that doesn't put me in such a festive mood for Christmas.

Is that the only way you can salve your conscience? By creating an imaginary world where America doesn't exist?

No, it's to point out that sneaking into the US illegally is not their only option. There are plenty of people that live in Mexico that are not starving.

If only there were more planned parenthood centers to help people better plan their family's out. Ah, but the Republicans have been decimating them. What's your take on that? Anyway, we can't change the past. What do you do with the people (children and all) who are already here, both U.S. citizens and unauthorized immigrants? Let them starve in the U.S. in the case of residents and deport them to starve in their country of birth for the rest? There are other issues with what you say above as well. For instance, what determines success in a country like the U.S.? Well, it certainly helps if you already come from a wealthy family...
Why the Rich Stay Rich and the Poor Stay Poor

As to taxes, they're now skewed to hit the lower classes much more then the higher classes...
9 Things The Rich Don't Want You To Know About Taxes

What would we do with those children people can't afford? Take them away to an orphanage.

As long as we have a government that rewards people for having kids they can't afford, those people will have more children. I see it in the grocery store all the time. Some welfare queen with a huge SNAP's card and a cart filled with more junk food than a human body could consume. And yes, they bring all four or five of their kids with them.

Then when they are done with their SNAP's purchase, they load the belt with cigarettes, alcohol, greeting cards, huge bags of dog food, multiple bags of cat litter, flowers.......

As to prevent poor people from having children while on welfare, if it were up to me, you don't get a dime until you get fixed first. No more having kids for a bigger HUD home in the suburbs, larger welfare check, more SNAP's allowance. You can't solve poverty when you promote the expansion of it at the same time.

The fact of the matter is, as flacaltenn pointed out a while ago, immigrants wouldn't be going to the U.S. if they couldn't get jobs. You can't get social assistance if you're an unauthorized immigrant. But as to your point: maybe they were doing relatively well when they had children and then their luck changed. But even if they were never doing well enough to financially sustain them, I don't think that turning one's back on them is the right solution. I think a large part of the problem is the way wealth is distributed in most parts of the world- you have a small part of the population that has most of it, the proverbial 1%, and then the rest fight for the scraps to varying degrees. This is -not- the way things have to be. The per capita world domestic product in 2014 was around $16,000- that's for every person on earth. Given the fact that children don't need as much as adults, that type of arrangement could really work. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be more planned parenthood centers, far from it, I think there should definitely be more. But so much could be fixed if there was a more even distribution of wealth.

Here's a planned parenthood idea: keep your legs closed.

As long as you promote irresponsibility, expect more irresponsible people. It's been the Democrat theme for decades now: reward irresponsibility and penalize responsibility. Make those responsible people pay those irresponsible people.

Illegal aliens still get Medicare benefits, but feds vow crackdown, $70M savings

Surprise! Majority of Illegal Immigrant Households Collecting Welfare… | Weasel Zippers

State Gives Illegal Aliens $35 Mil in Healthcare, Meds, Physical Therapy - Judicial Watch

There is no sob story an illegal could come up with that would persuade me to permit these little vermin to stay.

Yes Mexico sends its criminals, rapists, killers and drug dealers. Awww gee someone who makes very little money has the right to ROB SOMEONE ELSE because they need it.

No. They have the right to get a bullet between their eyes.

It is not our fault or our responsibility that Mexico is a Third World shit hole.

Ah yes, the U.S., just minding its own business, is deluged by immigrants fleeing a system that failed them, that how it goes in your head? The truth has been somewhat different for some time now. For starters, there's Eduardo Galleano's book, written almost half a century ago, but still quite relevant today. Here's an excerpt from Amazon.com's review of the book:
Since its U.S. debut a quarter-century ago, this brilliant text has set a new standard for historical scholarship of Latin America. It is also an outstanding political economy, a social and cultural narrative of the highest quality, and perhaps the finest description of primitive capital accumulation since Marx.

Rather than chronology, geography, or political successions, Eduardo Galeano has organized the various facets of Latin American history according to the patterns of five centuries of exploitation. Thus he is concerned with gold and silver, cacao and cotton, rubber and coffee, fruit, hides and wool, petroleum, iron, nickel, manganese, copper, aluminum ore, nitrates, and tin. These are the veins which he traces through the body of the entire continent, up to the Rio Grande and throughout the Caribbean, and all the way to their open ends where they empty into the coffers of wealth in the United States and Europe.

Then there's NAFTA:
Globalization and NAFTA Caused Migration from Mexico | Political Research Associates

And let's not forget the Drug War:
How the Drug War Drives Child Migrants to the US Border

1. America isn't even 250 years old and you are holding her responsible for crimes going back 5 centuries? LOL!!!

Where did I say that?

When your ridiculed the idea that America was just minding it's own business and supported that position by citing an history of 5 centuries of supposed exploitation.

The fact that the book covers 5 centuries of exploitation (nothing supposed about it) doesn't lessen the fact that during a good chunk of that time, the U.S. was around and was fairly busy exploiting the resources of various Latin American countries, or the fact that the U.S. continues to do so to this day. Proof of this are articles such as this one:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/americ...-children-converging-at-the-us-border/5390491

Here's an excerpt from said article:
Since 2011 the US has not only continued “losing” its war on drugs while militarizing so called anti-drug police forces throughout Central America (not unlike the secret dirty wars of yesteryear), during this exact same time period murderous violence in Central America has skyrocketed.

Meanwhile, since 2011 simultaneous effects from US foreign policy in the region have only promoted more drug trafficking as well as child trafficking in the form of the massive proliferation of children from Central America (currently 73% from Central America while just 25% are now coming from Mexico) crossing the Mexican border into the US unaccompanied by adults. Just five years ago these percentages were nearly reversed when only 17% of unaccompanied minors originated in Central America and 82% were from Mexico. These four co-occurring developments, the US militarization of the region, nonstop increasing flow of drugs into US, the intensifying, out of control drug cartel-gang violence and influx of young children pouring into the US are all interconnected and intentionally driven by US foreign policy. Either by calculated design or minimally by complicity, America has thousands and thousands of children crossing our border...*

2. The US is running a 58 billion dollar trade deficit with Mexico. I want the US out of NAFTA for OUR benefit.

It wouldn't just benefit the U.S. working class. If the US got out of NAFTA, all those migrants who left Mexico due to the U.S. dumping cheap corn on the market could also go back to farming in Mexico. This is the type of thing that would benefit all of those on the lower end of the economic scale. It's only the rich that benefit from the current system.

Mexico's democratically elected government signed on to NAFTA.

The Mexican PRI party didn't lose an election for 70 years, from 1929 to 2000. Protests were violently quashed, such as the Tlatelolco Massacre of 1968, wherein 30 to 300 students were killed by the mexican military. NAFTA was signed in 1994. Colosio was running to be the head of the PRI party, also in 1994, but was assassinated. Many believe the President of the PRI party was the one behind it. Nor is such violence a thing of the past in Mexico:
**2014 Iguala mass kidnapping describes 43 male students from the Ayotzinapa Rural Teachers' College who went missing in Iguala, Guerrero, Mexico on September 26, 2014.

According to official reports, the students commandeered several buses to travel to Mexico City to commemorate the anniversary of the 1968 Tlatelolco Massacre. During the journey, local police intercepted them and a confrontation ensued. Details of what happened during and after the clash remain unclear, but the official investigation concluded that once the students were in custody, they were handed over to the local Guerreros Unidos ("United Warriors") crime syndicate and presumably killed.

Source: 2014 Iguala mass kidnapping - Wikipedia

3. Fuck Mexico for failing to prevent the flow of drugs over their border.

There is one thing I definitely believe in- the law of supply and demand. People need money to buy the food they need. Selling drugs provides money. Conversely, Mexico wouldn't be selling drugs to Americans if Americans weren't buying them. The solution, in my view, is to decriminalize more if not all drugs, and regulate them instead, just as alcohol was decriminalized a long time ago. Doing the opposite just gives more power to those who are willing to break the law in order to make money. There's a good book I read on the subject by a self described conservative, no less. Here's a review of the book:

That's nice.

That's it? Just "That's nice"? I give you a potential solution to the problem and all you can say is "that's nice"? Sigh -.-

Regardless, no one is stopping them from sealing the border and control their shit. That's their failing and their responsibility.

Those dastardly mexicans, supplying Americans with their drugs of choice eh? You know what else would work? If Americans no longer wanted said drugs. But somehow that doesn't seem to occur to you as a potential solution.

1. First of all, a continuing flow is not a development. Second of all, your excerpt does nothing to explain any connection between those factors, of which the US is partially responsible for ONE of them.

Mexico is a sovereign nation responsible for it's own affairs. It's destiny is mostly in it's own hands.

2. I'm sorry Mexico is a shitty Third World Country. But we have no choice but to deal with the government as the legitimate representatives of the Mexican people. And they represented the interests of their people better than our government did, see the trade surplus that is benefiting MEXICO at our expense. Trump wants to "re negotiate" these trade deals and I support him.

3. I will give you a point on the demand. The answer in my mind is to seal the border, crush the gangs, and imprison all the dealers.

We're ALL immigrants, (except, perhaps the Native Americans, and they're only a few millennia Native, anyhow!), and to adopt the stance that those less fortunate have no right to the opportunities we all enjoy, is unChristian, at least.
No one as a right to immigrate to this country. Only a moron would entertain such a notion.

0ec4f7f5352e10abf11d25921fac6b68.jpg

How did that work out for them?

Checked out the comments to that link. Found this rather interesting one:
**According to the article, out of those 27505 people 20333 were immigration charges leaving only 7172 being charged for other criminal activities in 2014. If government and 3rd party estimates are correct than about 300,000 people came across the border illegally in 2014. That puts the statistical percentage of the criminal element in that group (outside of the immigration illegalities) at just over 2.39%.**

And this is not significant enough to put a stop to all this? We have enough problems with our own criminals yet alone invite more to come over.

From the Wall Street Journal:
Every immigrant here illegally has already broken a law, though that doesn’t mean they are predisposed to crime. In a 2005 paper, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago reported that more recently arrived immigrants are even less crime-prone than their predecessors. In 1980 the incarceration rate of foreign nationals was about one percentage point below natives. A decade later that had fallen to a little more than a percentage point, and by 2000 it was almost three percentage points lower.

Mr. Trump wants to have an unserious debate about immigration, one that involves scaring voters and scapegoating newcomers for crime problems that are mostly homegrown.

...?

Considering the age difference between those that are up for moving to a new nation, and the US population as a whole, the claim that they commit crime at a lower rate does not pass the smell test, I call bullshit.

This one's even better ;-)...
GlEBP.jpg
If you can prove the 'Native Americans' had laws that prevented others from settling here...

As someone else mentioned, they didn't even have borders. Not that it would have mattered- the British/American colonizers cared little for the laws the native americans -did- have, and broke many treaties with impunity:
Broken Promises On Display At Native American Treaties Exhibit

Treaties Made, Treaties Broken « Native American / American Indian Blog by Partnership With Native Americans
I'm just going to translate your post for you: "My claim had no point, and I can't prove it did, so I'll spam unrelated blog entries!"

Pack up mommy and daddy. Pack up the children and send them all back to where the fuck they came from.

I'm all for a tattoo across their face. They show up again, shot on sight. The tat will make them easy to identify.

Oh yes, tat up the children too.

Any American ought to be appalled at your "immigration policy".. What country were you raised in? Maybe could happen in Uganda.

I'm totally in favor of orderly LEGAL immigration. Even my Libertarian Party recognizes that this is a FUNDAMENTAL responsibility of the Feds. And the issue is -- your 2 parties have farted around this problem for my entire lifetime. NEVER getting control of Visas and tracking and issuing proper documentation. And because of that, calls for "tattooing them and shooting them between the eyes" starts to sounds more likely when the govt has failed so miserably. And your one-upping Hitler becomes a credible scenario.

Amazon or Visa could do the job of issuing and tracking. But likely the mammoth minions of morons in D.C. can't.
You're blaming the wrong bad hombres.

You need to start watching the Cali jails fill up with alien criminals, while Cali cities defy Immigration control with sanctuary cities. Watching the Motor Voter law that is now providing sufficient documentation to vote non-citizens. Watching both parties IGNORE the simple solution of enforcing the "no documentation - no work" laws that ALREADY EXIST.

And put the tattoo and assault guns down and stop aiming for AMERICAN children who broke no laws.

Forum List

Back