Mesa AZ PIG COP MURDER: Daniel Shaver seen crawling, begging in disturbing video as MURDERED!

Well, how would the cop know if this guy was reaching for a weapon or not? I agree, he was a total asshole, but when they tell you not to move, then don't go reaching behind you. He has no idea if you are reaching for a weapon or not. I'm sure plenty of cops who practice "restraint" have been murdered because of it. These guys are dealing with the lowest of the low in society on a daily basis. Of course, that is going to have an effect on them and their psyche. It is silly to think that it wouldn't. Cops should have "term limits."
He should have never been giving him those orders in the first place, the orders should have remained stay face down on the ground, legs crossed, palms on the ground. He should’ve waited till first perp was secure, then cuff and search him with partner present. The cop made himself vulnerable in that situation. If for whatever reason they needed the perp to come to them, have him crawl backwards, tell him to lift his shirt so you can see if he has a weapon. At least a dozen other scenarios would have been better than what this cop chose. That is 100% on the cop.

I’ll ask again, why is it we give enemy combatants in war zones better treatment than our own citizens. If this was in Iraq, these guys would have been court marshaled, and charged. This is unacceptable by our own soldiers standards, why do we accept it? I want police to come home safe, I want them to take necassary actions and precautions to do that, and I want them to put themselves in advantages posistions, but reaching IS NOT a viable justification. Closing with a mentally I’ll patient with a knife who lunges IS NOT a viable justification for shooting. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN THAT POSISTION. I get not every situation is cut and dry, and there will be times police get caught off guard, and have to make split second decisions, this was not one of those situations. Yes this kid was stupid, he was also scared shitless and clearly not thinking straight (kind of understandable if you’ve ever been scared shitless). Police should be held to civilian standards of self defense, at the very least, if not higher. Get rid of the law enforcement bill of rights, and get rid of the “when in doubt shoot training,” which is exactly what we saw in that video no matter what way you want to slice it.

Well, this I can agree with. You make a good point in how he was managing the suspect. Making them crawl over to them doesn't really seem to make much sense, but there might be a reason why they do this that we don't know about.
I think it's really obvious. You've all seen video of cops arresting someone out on the street. They have them first put their hands up then drop to the ground. The street is an open area and the people they are arresting have come out of cars. The cops can clearly see that no one else is in the car or around to be a threat. In this case they are in a narrow hallway. There is a room behind the woman and man with the door open, the room they came out of. The cops don't know who is or isn't in that room and if they are or not a threat. So instead of walking up to the people they are arresting and cuffing them, they have them come to them. They are on their knees with hands up to make them helpless. The cops are not going to go to them because there may be an armed person in the hotel room at the end of the hall.

If the young man had only followed instructions, as the woman did, he would have been fine. He was warned repeatedly. It's very sad. We know now there was no leathal gun and that he was not a criminal, but that is hindsight. It's a horrible situation. I don't like what happened, but I can understand why it had to happen. Most cops are good people and trying to do their job. They are not evil. It's the bad ones who give them a bad reputation. Saying all cops are bad is like saying all blacks are bad, and we know that isn't true.

I
No this was not necessary, nor was hindsight needed to prove that. We ask our soliders in war zones, to correctly asses a threat before engaging a threat. In which, reaching is not a threat, reaching mean you can prepare for threat, but not engage until you have identified the threat....why the hell are our police standards lower with citizens, then they are with our soldiers and enemy combatants? There is no excuse.
Maybe saying it had to happen is going too far. I can understand how it happened. I think the cop who shot could have been aware that the young man was not a threat. But the cop was following all procedures learned in their training. The other cops there did not shoot. Maybe the one who shot could have been more circumspect. But human beings are not perfect. He was following training, but could have used better personal judgement.

It's a terrible situation, but I don't think it is a situation of cops being evil or being intentiional murderers. I had an acquaintance who was a cop, long time ago. He wasn't a good friend or someone I particularly liked. He was a deputy in a county that didn't have high crime, not a big urban area. He quit because he didn't like being shot at, as he said. So even in a non large urban, non high crime area, these guys get shot at. It's a dangerous job. He went on to be a safety consultant in private industry. He had a college degree. A lot of police are educated. They don't need to do dangerous work. Most cops are doing the right thing despite the hazards.
The cop who shot had “you’re screwed” written on his barrel...this should not be police mentality, police mentality should be “no one is going to die today, including me.” This was not this officers mentality. Training IS the problem, that’s what I’ve been saying this entire time. They use to train cops with the mentality that If you fired your weapon, that’s a fail because you did not diffuse the situation. Kind of like it’s a fail when surgeons cannot save an unsalable patient, there will be moments you will have to fire...THIS WAS NOT ONE OF THEM.

And I’ll ask again. Why is it we give enemy combatants better treatment than our police give our own citizens. Why do enemy combatants have more of a right to life than our citizens do? If this was a soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan, this guy would be court marshaled and charged in a heartbeat. If this was a citizen like you or I (it’s important to remember cops are citizens too) we would be charged with murder in a heartbeat. If this cop was off duty, in plain clothes, he would’ve been charged with murder. Why is it that cops standards are this low, that merely reaching constitutes lethal action???

You know Sakinago, I've often wondered the same thing. When I was a member of the Security Force while stationed in Newport RI, the Gunny who trained us taught us to shoot no more than three bullets at a target in a single salvo. We were taught ammo control, not how to empty clip after clip into a target.

When we were doing drills on the gun range? We never fired more than 3 bullets at any one target.

You know Sakinago, I've often wondered the same thing. When I was a member of the Security Force while stationed in Newport RI, the Gunny who trained us taught us to shoot no more than three bullets at a target in a single salvo. We were taught ammo control, not how to empty clip after clip into a target.

When we were doing drills on the gun range? We never fired more than 3 bullets at any one target.
Did you see this bozo in that video. Shooting at a guy towards not only a gas station, but one with people in it....you can’t tell me that this types of shooting are justified. He could’ve killed someone’s kids in that mini van, or a clerk in the store, or set the whole place ablaze...all over asking for someone’s license, and that someone then reached for their license.

...we think it’s ok for police to use lethal force on assumptions?

Again, whether it was the cops or a home invader, if the perp reaches for his waistline after I've told him not to do so, he's going to get shot. This has nothing to do with a theater of war and everything to do with the right of self defense. This does not change if it's me or a cop. So, if I have a firearm on you and you reach into your belt, I'm going to assume you're doing so to produce a weapon. No different for a cop.
Most you righties are afraid of your own shadow. Your statements prove it.

This is such an ignorant statement when MANY cops get killed in the line of duty, protecting YOUR ass from these nut jobs who would kill their own mom for a dollar.
No matter how many times you regurgitate this BS, it is still wrong. Cops really DON'T have an especially dangerous job! (And the most common cause for death on duty is actually a car crash.)

Again, whether it was the cops or a home invader, if the perp reaches for his waistline after I've told him not to do so, he's going to get shot. This has nothing to do with a theater of war and everything to do with the right of self defense. This does not change if it's me or a cop. So, if I have a firearm on you and you reach into your belt, I'm going to assume you're doing so to produce a weapon. No different for a cop.
No it does change, if this was you and me on tape, outside of our home, we absolutely get charged.

You're correct it depends on the circumstances, and what was demonstrated in this case, affirmed by a jury, is that the cops acted reasonably.

Don't act like you're reaching for a weapon and you'll be fine.
Sadly jury verdicts can be manipulated or influenced by the introduction of strange court rules that favor killer cops. And all too often, jurors are selected who seem sympathetic to cops...and all it takes is one to get a hung jury. Unfortunately this killer cop was acquitted even in the face of overwhelming video evidence. It isn't that he wasn't guilt of murder...we all saw that for ourselves... the issue is that a jury refused to do the right thing and convict that murdering son of a bitch
Much simpler explanation: the prosecutor tanked the case on purpose.

Well, how would the cop know if this guy was reaching for a weapon or not? I agree, he was a total asshole, but when they tell you not to move, then don't go reaching behind you. He has no idea if you are reaching for a weapon or not. I'm sure plenty of cops who practice "restraint" have been murdered because of it. These guys are dealing with the lowest of the low in society on a daily basis. Of course, that is going to have an effect on them and their psyche. It is silly to think that it wouldn't. Cops should have "term limits."
He should have never been giving him those orders in the first place, the orders should have remained stay face down on the ground, legs crossed, palms on the ground. He should’ve waited till first perp was secure, then cuff and search him with partner present. The cop made himself vulnerable in that situation. If for whatever reason they needed the perp to come to them, have him crawl backwards, tell him to lift his shirt so you can see if he has a weapon. At least a dozen other scenarios would have been better than what this cop chose. That is 100% on the cop.

I’ll ask again, why is it we give enemy combatants in war zones better treatment than our own citizens. If this was in Iraq, these guys would have been court marshaled, and charged. This is unacceptable by our own soldiers standards, why do we accept it? I want police to come home safe, I want them to take necassary actions and precautions to do that, and I want them to put themselves in advantages posistions, but reaching IS NOT a viable justification. Closing with a mentally I’ll patient with a knife who lunges IS NOT a viable justification for shooting. DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN THAT POSISTION. I get not every situation is cut and dry, and there will be times police get caught off guard, and have to make split second decisions, this was not one of those situations. Yes this kid was stupid, he was also scared shitless and clearly not thinking straight (kind of understandable if you’ve ever been scared shitless). Police should be held to civilian standards of self defense, at the very least, if not higher. Get rid of the law enforcement bill of rights, and get rid of the “when in doubt shoot training,” which is exactly what we saw in that video no matter what way you want to slice it.

Well, this I can agree with. You make a good point in how he was managing the suspect. Making them crawl over to them doesn't really seem to make much sense, but there might be a reason why they do this that we don't know about.
Oh, we know exactly why: he wanted an excuse to kill a man, just to watch him die.

Having the woman crawl made sense because the cops needed them further apart for safety. Having him crawl made no sense at all.
The cops aren't going to approach Shaver not knowing who, if any one, is still in the room. They had no way of knowing that the other male, whom Shaver had been showing his gun, had already left the room. They have to assume someone else is in the room. It makes perfect sense to have him crawl to them.
BS...the cop was stupid and his stupidity caused the death of an innocent young man.
Lay down onyour face, cross your legs. Put your arms in front of you...get up on your knees...raise your arms above your head...who told you to uncross your legs...
Cross your legs...crawl to me..(with legs crossed?)

None of you apologetic bahs-turds who keep saying the poor kid should have followed orders would have been able to process that kind of incompetent barrage of stupid orders.

Robbed of his dignity...sobbing like a baby
...he was doing everything he could to comply...and he wanted to LIVE...
And after going through all the acrobatics that damn murderer put him through...he innocently just wanted to save what little dignity he had by reaching reflexively to pull up his shorts which also could be hampering his movements. He had been ordered not to talk so he was afraid to ask if he could pull up his shorts... the sound and impact of the first shot must have been terrifying to the hapless soul...what was going through his tortued mind as the bullets ripped into him and he slipped into eternal darkness...? Finally escaping to safety in the arms of death..to be tormented no more.

V
No, not stupid. Absolutely pure and undiluted EVIL on the level of Vasily Blokhin.

Your emotional arguments are irrelevant. Your logic lacking.
You are a badge bunny. To you, cops can do no wrong. A cop could yank a teenage girl out of a car, rape her on camera, shoot her in the back with a rifle, drop a throwdown, claim the wound was self-inflicted...and you would be fine with it.

No it does change, if this was you and me on tape, outside of our home, we absolutely get charged.

You're correct it depends on the circumstances, and what was demonstrated in this case, affirmed by a jury, is that the cops acted reasonably.

Sadly jury verdicts can be manipulated or influenced by the introduction of strange court rules that favor killer cops. And all too often, jurors are selected who seem sympathetic to cops...and all it takes is one to get a hung jury. Unfortunately this killer cop was acquitted even in the face of overwhelming video evidence. It isn't that he wasn't guilt of murder...we all saw that for ourselves... the issue is that a jury refused to do the right thing and convict that murdering son of a bitch

I would have voted not to prosecute, just like the grand jury did.

People like you are the weak links in the justice system. You're just as inhuman as that killer cop.
No, not inhuman. Subhuman.

When anyone is holding a gun on you and they tell you not to make any sudden movements...it might be a good idea not to make any sudden movements.

Much simpler explanation: the prosecutor tanked the case on purpose.
I certainly would not rule that out as part of
a covert conspiracy. I believe the same thing happened in the Martin case.

Having the woman crawl made sense because the cops needed them further apart for safety. Having him crawl made no sense at all.
The cops aren't going to approach Shaver not knowing who, if any one, is still in the room. They had no way of knowing that the other male, whom Shaver had been showing his gun, had already left the room. They have to assume someone else is in the room. It makes perfect sense to have him crawl to them.
BS...the cop was stupid and his stupidity caused the death of an innocent young man.
Lay down onyour face, cross your legs. Put your arms in front of you...get up on your knees...raise your arms above your head...who told you to uncross your legs...
Cross your legs...crawl to me..(with legs crossed?)

None of you apologetic bahs-turds who keep saying the poor kid should have followed orders would have been able to process that kind of incompetent barrage of stupid orders.

Robbed of his dignity...sobbing like a baby
...he was doing everything he could to comply...and he wanted to LIVE...
And after going through all the acrobatics that damn murderer put him through...he innocently just wanted to save what little dignity he had by reaching reflexively to pull up his shorts which also could be hampering his movements. He had been ordered not to talk so he was afraid to ask if he could pull up his shorts... the sound and impact of the first shot must have been terrifying to the hapless soul...what was going through his tortued mind as the bullets ripped into him and he slipped into eternal darkness...? Finally escaping to safety in the arms of death..to be tormented no more.

V
No, not stupid. Absolutely pure and undiluted EVIL on the level of Vasily Blokhin.

You're right...I was too kind...that cop was demon possessed and seemed to enjoy playing with his victim before killing him.

I would have voted not to prosecute, just like the grand jury did.

People like you are the weak links in the justice system. You're just as inhuman as that killer cop.
No, not inhuman. Subhuman.

I think even subhumans would show moee respect for life than that killer in blue. No...there was something occult about that killing...as you said earlier...something evil...as if the devil himself was involved.

And the idiot gun grabbers worry about legal gun owners they should be worried about these pos COPS

Forum List

Back