Meryl Streep Can't Act

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
This was news to me.

So if she's a no-talent, depending on writing and directing - which actress does she pale in comparison to?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8051673-post12.html

Love ya Boop..

Gotta agree with Bill... The tune is weak..even for McCartney. I'm surprised he thinks it is worthy of publicity.

Camp...but not camp enough. One of the worst songs Paul McCartney has gone public with.

I also find it odd that the people that lended thier public reputation to this tripe sat through the taping session. I was especially troubled by Depp whom I previously had more respect. Streep is a well paid whore that has made her chops off off first class writing and production. The other broads seemed like hangers on...groupies. I guess Paul must have had "his people" call "thier people" and call in some favor. Perhaps he has compromising photos on those that attended.

Ya...Depp being there feigning interest is troublesome..

[MENTION=18867]HUGGY[/MENTION]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIPkw5wihRg]Meryl Streep: Bio of Hollywood's Greatest Living Film Actress - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
Yeah - see, I can almost see damning her with faint praise. But when somebody who is as extraordinarily talented as she is gets hit by the "thank the writers, because she of course sucks" accusation? I can't buy it.

I loved Still Of The Night....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy0b9Rz31Zs]Still of the Night (3/12) Movie CLIP - Glad He's Dead (1982) HD - YouTube[/ame]​

Never was a fan of Streep. But nobody gets three Oscars and 17 nominations if they can't act.

Yeah - see, I can almost see damning her with faint praise. But when somebody who is as extraordinarily talented as she is gets hit by the "thank the writers, because she of course sucks" accusation? I can't buy it.

Some people just like to say things that are 'controversial', like the Beatles were not any good, there was nothing special about the 60s, ect.

Last edited:

Ha...Ha... You crack me up Boop ! :lol:

I had a girl friend that looks just like Streep. Her "blank stare" look that some mistake for acting is worn out. It's just the face she was born with. She also reminds me of my mom with her "cutsie" phoney self absorbed senses and sensabilities.

There are plenty of women that stretch who and what they are gifted with naturally to shape a personality for a movie part. Streep is lazy and just over uses her "own" character to nauseum. For one thing she is not sexy. Her "sexy" acting is just annoying.

That homely ugly woman that works on NCIS LA is a much better actress than Streep.

The chick that did sleepless in Seattle...much better actress. All of the women in NCIS and Criminal Minds... and Criminal Intent.. and the Jessie Stone movies and Michele Pfiefer and seriously...dozens of gals that have been put up on the screen..

List of American film actresses - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had a girl friend that looks just like Streep. Her "blank stare" look that some mistake for acting is worn out. It's just the face she was born with. She also reminds me of my mom with her "cutsie" phoney self absorbed senses and sensabilities.

There are plenty of women that stretch who and what they are gifted with naturally to shape a personality for a movie part. Streep is lazy and just over uses her "own" character to nauseum. For one thing she is not sexy. Her "sexy" acting is just annoying.

That homely ugly woman that works on NCIS LA is a much better actress than Streep.

The chick that did sleepless in Seattle...much better actress. All of the women in NCIS and Criminal Minds... and Criminal Intent.. and the Jessie Stone movies and Michele Pfiefer and seriously...dozens of gals that have been put up on the screen..

The crack-up is mutual, because this is the first time and probably the only time in my life I will see someone stupid enough to double-down on "Meryl Streep can't act."

The crack-up is mutual, because this is the first time and probably the only time in my life I will see someone stupid enough to double-down on "Meryl Streep can't act."

I think people just like the way she looks. I think some like her personality. I'm not particularly enamoured by either. I stand by my words. And I didn't mean she can't act at all. Without her looks and demeanor she would just be an average actress IMHO. I seriously do not believe she deserved 3 oscars. But if she's your cup O tea what can I say?

Forum List

Back