Merry X mas

That would be where we disagree. I believe our government officials are often motivated by their own personal interests as opposed to the public interest. That is why we have a system that allows, and indeed encourages dissent. That is why we have three branches of government. Our forefathers recognized the tendency for power to corrupt us and attempted to build a system that would make that difficult to happen. I believe we, as citizens, must be vigilant and continually demand the best from our our elected officials.

nbdy got in there just before I posted. I do not support uprisings in this country - but I do support dissent.

Gentlemen: Thank you for a very interesting conversation. I am traveling in the morning and must get some sleep. Johnny, I will be flying over your state on my way to visit family in S. California. I will be sure to wave. Hopefully, my plane will not be part of an Al Qeada plot.

Originally posted by jhiggins
That would be where we disagree. I believe our government officials are often motivated by their own personal interests as opposed to the public interest. That is why we have a system that allows, and indeed encourages dissent. That is why we have three branches of government. Our forefathers recognized the tendency for power to corrupt us and attempted to build a system that would make that difficult to happen. I believe we, as citizens, must be vigilant and continually demand the best from our our elected officials.
____________________ _____________________
I don't know if I or Johnney would disagree with this as citizens.

Originally posted by jhiggins
nbdy got in there just before I posted. I do not support uprisings in this country - but I do support dissent.
___________________ _____________________
Dissent is valuable. It is good when it is done within reason. You would probably not argue with me that most of the Kenn Starr investigations into Clinton's administration were lugubrious. I view the current set of conspiracy theories with the same doubt. That is my form of dissent. I don't really see reason though in you suggesting that because Johnney is willing to stand for his country's actions, that makes him some kind of ww2 era euro fascist.

jhiggins, have fun in SoCal.:) I hope your family was not affected by the recent earthquake.

no i wouldnt disagree at all. and as with everything, if done in moderation.

have fun in cali, and get some sun for us mid westerners!!! put it in a bottle, ill pay a premium...lol

Jeff again well I have read quite a few message's I agree with... but I dont know if any of ya have been to the site of the World Trade Center , I was & the feeling of violation & angry are so overwhelming it is unreal!!! I felt sick to my stomach ,you stand next to the fence with a lump in your throat & a tear in your eye(if this is not true for anyone then your probably not a American!) I haven't felt this way in a long time . So yes If asked to do anything to rid the world of peo
ple capable of doing these things I would follow my leaders in any direction.
As for the innocents that are being hurt I feel for them but this happens in war . My theory is we should give the people of these country's 5 day's to turn over these terriost & if the demand isnt met then they are harboring terriost!!! In my eyes they are no longer innocent.
Well just my thought's
Jeff

Hey Jeff, I have not had the chance to see the site of the world trade center but hope to before constuction starts anew. I have been to the Okla site and it blew me away. no pun intended. stopped there at 3 am and WOW. what I felt in Okla was but a drop in the bucket to what I would in NY. I happen to agree with your statement at the end of your post..... 5 days to join the human race or get the hell off this planet.

Originally posted by Joan
Jeff again well I have read quite a few message's I agree with... but I dont know if any of ya have been to the site of the World Trade Center , I was & the feeling of violation & angry are so overwhelming it is unreal!!! I felt sick to my stomach ,you stand next to the fence with a lump in your throat & a tear in your eye(if this is not true for anyone then your probably not a American!) I haven't felt this way in a long time . So yes If asked to do anything to rid the world of peo
ple capable of doing these things I would follow my leaders in any direction.
As for the innocents that are being hurt I feel for them but this happens in war . My theory is we should give the people of these country's 5 day's to turn over these terriost & if the demand isnt met then they are harboring terriost!!! In my eyes they are no longer innocent.
Well just my thought's
Jeff

devils advocate here, but all those people in pakistan and palestine that were jumping up and down with joy when the WTC's fell, what do you think they were feeling before, during, and after? Almost all of those people had lost family, homes, and/or other loved ones either to an american dropped bomb or the bomb of an american ally. Do you think its possible that they were thinking the same thing? That, in war, the loss of inncents is unfortunate? or were they thinking "that will teach those americans for harboring terrorists that continue to attack us".??

Well, if that's the case, I guess we learned our lesson, didn't we DK? :)

Sure many who blamed their nation's problems purely on the us must have had a sincere feeling of payback when the WTC dropped. If those same individuals have any aspect of humanity in them, they probably also felt some sort of guilt and self-realization at the 'devils-advocacy' that they were themselves perpetrating, right?

At the time of the WTC, I was neither aware of any declared war on the part of the US against any other nation. The WTC was a bloody hate crime without any such laurels.

Nor were we engaged in actively harboring people who were against them. Unless you're talking about those who were against the Baathist and Taliban regimes.

or were they thinking "that will teach those americans for harboring terrorists that continue to attack us".??

What terrorists were we harboring ?

Please explain any terrorist acts the US has committed against these people. Supplying allies is not a terrorist act, so please do not go there.

Forum List

Back