“Merry Christmas” vs “happy holidays”

Christmas is that time of year when we celebrate the birth of Santa Claus. Santa grew up to deliver toys to all the good little boys and girls

Christians have been trying to steal the holiday to celebrate some virgin having a baby....how lame is that?

The "War on Christmas" is one of the most ridiculous wedge issues ever. It isn't an issue, except for those who actually seek to divide American from American.

Red meat for the haters.

I use Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays interchangeably as some folks do not celebrate Christmas but, because of the time of year (winter solstice invites holidays for the religious and the non religious alike) and I am not sure of my acquaintance's celebratory mindset. By wishing Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays I am not trying anything political or nefarious. I'm passing along a happy sentiment for any and all December holidays.

Happy Holidays also encompasses New Year, so why the fuss?

I wish you all a Glorious Saternalia!

Christmas is that time of year when we celebrate the birth of Santa Claus. Santa grew up to deliver toys to all the good little boys and girls

Christians have been trying to steal the holiday to celebrate some virgin having a baby....how lame is that?

Don't forget Easter, when the Easter bunny died so we could all hunt plastic eggs filled with jelly beans..

The "War on Christmas" is one of the most ridiculous wedge issues ever. It isn't an issue, except for those who actually seek to divide American from American.

Red meat for the haters.

I use Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays interchangeably as some folks do not celebrate Christmas but, because of the time of year (winter solstice invites holidays for the religious and the non religious alike) and I am not sure of my acquaintance's celebratory mindset. By wishing Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays I am not trying anything political or nefarious. I'm passing along a happy sentiment for any and all December holidays.

You know you are going to hell for that, right?

Red meat for the haters.

You know you are going to hell for that, right?
Nah! I'm going to hell no doubt. But not for that.

I expect to be greeted at the Gates of Hell by Satan himself.

"Hey Nosmo! C'mon! Sit up here on the big couch with me! We're binge watching Baywatch for the next five hundred years!"

I find this controversy interesting in the sense that it’s so ridiculous. On the one hand, I find it laughable that conservatives see the “happy holidays” push as a threat to Christmas and Christianity itself. And on the other, I find it stupid that the PC-obsessed left thinks that the expression should be embraced and respected because of the supposed sensitivity atheists and other non-Christians feel about saying “Merry Christmas”.

The whole thing is so insane. I’m an atheist and I say “Merry Christmas”. I also don’t care if anyone chooses to say either expression in ANY context. Let’s all be adults and remember how important free speech is.
It's the fact that leftist get so bent out of shape that companies feel a need to pass rules forbidding their employees from saying Merry Christmas.

you won't see a con lose their shit over HH but you know damn well you HAVE seen a leftist lose theirs over MC
Both sides definitely lose their shit. My god the “War on Christmas” is as fake as it comes but republicans and Fox News never shut the fuck about it.
There is a war on Christmas. But it comes from the Republicans.
Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ.

Remember the debates in Las Vegas when Republicans yelled out "let him die"?
These tax cuts? Screw the middle class and the poor to pass money to billionaires? Trump's family stand to get a billion dollars.
There is nothing the GOP won't do fueled by greed.

They are the party of the anti Christ. If Jesus came back today, he might turn them into swine.
And you into pig swill, which is less of a stretch than turning Republicans into pigs.
I'm just telling the truth.

Even you know that.

Healthcare for the middle class? No.
Cut food stamps for poor children and veterans? Yes.
Tax cuts for billionaires? Yes.
Tax cuts for the middle class? No.

It goes on and on........................

It's the fact that leftist get so bent out of shape that companies feel a need to pass rules forbidding their employees from saying Merry Christmas.

you won't see a con lose their shit over HH but you know damn well you HAVE seen a leftist lose theirs over MC

Cons don't lose their shit over happy holidays?
687474703a2f2f7777772e62696c67656275636b65742e636f6d2f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f6f7265696c6c797761726f6e6368726973746d61732e6a7067
every single year you nuts prove him right, then complain that he points out your hatred.

Make up your mind.Either crazy cons go nuts over "Happy Holidays" or not
leftists go nuts
con get annoyed and get angry when we know you are just trying to shit on our liberties and shut down free speech.

Go back and listen to some of Bill-o's or Hannity's rants about some imagined war on Christmas, and then tell me right wingers don't go nuts.
One guy goes off v. every single leftist in America.

get real

Don't forget Easter, when the Easter bunny died so we could all hunt plastic eggs filled with jelly beans..
Christians try to ruin Easter with a horror story about torturing some guy with nails in his hands........sounds like something Steven King would write

Cons don't lose their shit over happy holidays?
687474703a2f2f7777772e62696c67656275636b65742e636f6d2f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f6f7265696c6c797761726f6e6368726973746d61732e6a7067
every single year you nuts prove him right, then complain that he points out your hatred.

leftists go nuts
con get annoyed and get angry when we know you are just trying to shit on our liberties and shut down free speech.

Go back and listen to some of Bill-o's or Hannity's rants about some imagined war on Christmas, and then tell me right wingers don't go nuts.

get real

The crazy president makes a big deal about saying Merry Christmas and his followers go wild. Don't tell me it's just one crazy right winger going off.

Both sides definitely lose their shit. My god the “War on Christmas” is as fake as it comes but republicans and Fox News never shut the fuck about it.
There is a war on Christmas. But it comes from the Republicans.
Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Christ.

Remember the debates in Las Vegas when Republicans yelled out "let him die"?
These tax cuts? Screw the middle class and the poor to pass money to billionaires? Trump's family stand to get a billion dollars.
There is nothing the GOP won't do fueled by greed.

They are the party of the anti Christ. If Jesus came back today, he might turn them into swine.
cant you talk about anything without bringing up your usual bullshit?...its called "obsession" dean,seek help....
He's got one gear, doesn't he?
years ago when True Blood was running on HBO there was a thread on it....76 or so posts about the show here comes dean,what does he say?....."i wonder if the vampires are Republicans,because they dont care about people either,they yell let him die too".....the guy is disturbed.....

Does sound like a republican.
sounds like many democrats too....yea i know,i was shocked too....they hide it really well....

leftists go nuts

get real

The crazy president makes a big deal about saying Merry Christmas and his followers go wild. Don't tell me it's just one crazy right winger going off.
every year multiple leftist demand Xmas displays be torn down

and trump is a democrat

leftists go nuts

get real

and trump is a democrat

Only on public property. Allow other religions, or people with no religion to put up their own holiday displays on public property and all that will go away

leftists go nuts

get real

and trump is a democrat

Only on public property. Allow other religions, or people with no religion to put up their own holiday displays on public property and all that will go away
they did and it didn't

now run along b/c you knew that was the truth

Forum List

Back