Merry Christmas to everyone working today..

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Yeah we are busting our asses off today too...

Merry Christmas everyone from South Carolina...

IMG_20161225_113338.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Meanwhile, I went to all the immediate old neighbors who know we are now in the RV, and they all were pleased we came to them with Xmas candies to hand out, and I was filled in on the gossip since we moved out.

The neighbors on the other side of us had bad news...they have to move out by Jan 1st...and we're quite upset. Seems Rob, their landlord, did the same to them that was done to us....he gave them notice because he wants his house back too. And like us....they have not found another place. So they got a storage unit and will be staying with friends a fee blocks over until they do. Unfortunately, they have not got on any waiting lists and have the deer in headlights look just like we did, so we are getting together in a day or so, so we can teach them the homeless ropes.. although they are not homeless...yet. as long as they stay in good graces with their friend, they will be OK. But we have found through experience that when they are no longer useful...time gets shorter for long visits.

On top of that, I also heard our neighbors behind us...a vet that is 80 and his wife...they, too were asked to move. They bought a funky dink mobile that has a leaky roof and pay 500 per month space rent plus utilities and they both looked so different when I ran across them at the market. It was really sad. She began to cry and asked " what happened to all of us? 3 short years ago, we watched you play ball with Gracie, karma was so hyper, the cat visited us every day, Moki was sunning himself and we would all be chatting over the fence about our gardens!" And I said simply "shit happens, hon. And this time on all our heads". We are going to their mobile this week so mrg can try to plug parts of their roof.

So it seems this curse plaguing us hit more than just us. Behind us, next to us, the other side if us...all up and down the block. Long time renters...old people...are told to go...with no place TO go.

So overall...it has been an enlightening as well as sad Xmas day. We all have temp roofs...but none of us saw this coming and we're not prepared for it.

The neighborhood is changing....and not in a good way. And the landlords are realizing they can triple the rents if they dump the long time faithful renters.

Sigh. It's sad. And it bummed me out that although we are still embarrassed about our situation...it is worse now that we have found out we are not alone and have company from neighbors we have lived next to for years. THAT makes it even worse, spiritually and mentally. Now, mrg and I no longer will talk gardening tips with them. Now we will teach them how to survive the best they can.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Meanwhile, I went to all the immediate old neighbors who know we are now in the RV, and they all were pleased we came to them with Xmas candies to hand out, and I was filled in on the gossip since we moved out.

The neighbors on the other side of us had bad news...they have to move out by Jan 1st...and we're quite upset. Seems Rob, their landlord, did the same to them that was done to us....he gave them notice because he wants his house back too. And like us....they have not found another place. So they got a storage unit and will be staying with friends a fee blocks over until they do. Unfortunately, they have not got on any waiting lists and have the deer in headlights look just like we did, so we are getting together in a day or so, so we can teach them the homeless ropes.. although they are not homeless...yet. as long as they stay in good graces with their friend, they will be OK. But we have found through experience that when they are no longer useful...time gets shorter for long visits.

On top of that, I also heard our neighbors behind us...a vet that is 80 and his wife...they, too were asked to move. They bought a funky dink mobile that has a leaky roof and pay 500 per month space rent plus utilities and they both looked so different when I ran across them at the market. It was really sad. She began to cry and asked " what happened to all of us? 3 short years ago, we watched you play ball with Gracie, karma was so hyper, the cat visited us every day, Moki was sunning himself and we would all be chatting over the fence about our gardens!" And I said simply "shit happens, hon. And this time on all our heads". We are going to their mobile this week so mrg can try to plug parts of their roof.

So it seems this curse plaguing us hit more than just us. Behind us, next to us, the other side if us...all up and down the block. Long time renters...old people...are told to go...with no place TO go.

So overall...it has been an enlightening as well as sad Xmas day. We all have temp roofs...but none of us saw this coming and we're not prepared for it.

The neighborhood is changing....and not in a good way. And the landlords are realizing they can triple the rents if they dump the long time faithful renters.

Sigh. It's sad. And it bummed me out that although we are still embarrassed about our situation...it is worse now that we have found out we are not alone and have company from neighbors we have lived next to for years. THAT makes it even worse, spiritually and mentally. Now, mrg and I no longer will talk gardening tips with them. Now we will teach them how to survive the best they can.

. Not sure what's going on, but sounds tough enough physically and mentally. What was the root cause of this problem if not being to nosy ?? Glad you can still communicate with everyone here.

. Not sure what's going on, but sounds tough enough physically and mentally. What was the root cause of this problem if not being to nosy ?? Glad you can still communicate with everyone here.
Greed. That is the root. In my case, he was sick and we thought he was dying. We no longer think that. Especially when he showed up with his new girlfriend. My guess is, she wants to live with him but not pay rent...and living with him means exactly that.
The ones behind us...the owners live in marina del rey...and wanted more rent too. Twice what they paid for so many years. They couldn't afford it anymore than we could. The folks on the other side of us...again, greed. Owner lives most of the time in Thailand with his THai wife. She said he rarely comes to the states but when he does, he always let them know because he has a separate room addition he uses when in town, but he rents the rest of the house. This time, no forewarning. I didn't ask for details because she was visibly upset..and he was there so she couldn't really talk. My guess is he gave them notice, or gave them a rent increase so high, he knew they could not pay it. Either way, he got the desired affect.

I keep telling everyone here in town, but nobody is listening because it has not happened to them. YET. We need rent control here. It is getting way out of hand and it's only going to get worse.

Greed. That is the root. In my case, he was sick and we thought he was dying. We no longer think that. Especially when he showed up with his new girlfriend. My guess is, she wants to live with him but not pay rent...and living with him means exactly that.
The ones behind us...the owners live in marina del rey...and wanted more rent too. Twice what they paid for so many years. They couldn't afford it anymore than we could. The folks on the other side of us...again, greed. Owner lives most of the time in Thailand with his THai wife. She said he rarely comes to the states but when he does, he always let them know because he has a separate room addition he uses when in town, but he rents the rest of the house. This time, no forewarning. I didn't ask for details because she was visibly upset..and he was there so she couldn't really talk. My guess is he gave them notice, or gave them a rent increase so high, he knew they could not pay it. Either way, he got the desired affect.

I keep telling everyone here in town, but nobody is listening because it has not happened to them. YET. We need rent control here. It is getting way out of hand and it's only going to get worse.

. Not sure what the idea on rent rates control could be, but I agree that there could be rules put in place that would curb the appetite for the owner of rental units to go rogue on their renters. If one is to be in the rental business, then their should be a rental constitution to abide by. Putting families in the street is not appropriate unless they aren't paying their rent, are destroying the property or the owner decides to sell, and therefore he has to vacate the premises on that pretense. A reasonable amount of notice should be given in order for all occupants to secure another residence. If selling to another rental ownership, then the rent of the occupiers should be grandfathered in for 1 year. If the new ownership seeks a rental hike, then that ownership should notify the occupants 1 year in advance in writing. Any rental ownership of trailer parks should be required to live on the property of the park or not be allowed to own such a place. Rental apartments should adhere to strict codes, and also they should be monitored closely by the ownership for peaceful community standards and stewardship. Otherwise never allow your rental ownership to become the surrounding communities problem. Fines and rules should be enforced against violations of any rules broken.

Last edited:
Yesterday was the first day in many months I did not work. Back at it today.

Yeah we are busting our asses off today too...

Merry Christmas everyone from South Carolina...

View attachment 103765
Not this year, but I stood watch many a Christmas when I was in.....one of my favorite stories was standing CDO at my old squadron...our hangar had a mouse problem and we had mouse traps all over the ready room...gedunk area....in the evening, heard a snap and found a mouse caught in the trap.....taped him by his tail to the blackboard behind my desk and wrote "Twas the Night Before Christmas and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. Damn well better not on my watch!" and drew arrows to the mouse hanging there. Left it there for the next day when the flight crews and Admin came in for work...The CO laughed his ass off.

Forum List

Back