Merry Christmas to all my 'cool cat' friends here on USMB!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
5_Xmas_cats_nodding.gif

I'm out of the ability to give rep for 24 hours. I'll catch up when I can. Good posts. All.

Y'all won't believe what I'm going to be doing on Christmas day! Going to see the kids? No. Having the kids here? No. I went to see them Thanksgiving weekend and don't really want to drive to Hotlanta again. Never did much like driving Christmas anyway due to the ongoing threat of bad weather. The thought of getting stuck out on the interstate in ice and snow never did anything for me. They wanted Christmas at home and they didn't want to travel either. My children did SO much for me this summer while I was on what we all thought was my death bed, not going to insist they hump it up here for Christmas. They deserve the time to stay at home if they want. Yes, I know it's all about family, but it's NOT about pressuring family.

My gift is a day to clean house. Seriously. I know that sounds like a curmudgeon. But my house never got spring cleaning in 2011. Two cleaning ladies moved everything to where I can't find anything. So, I'm going to work on my house on Christmas day. I always was an avid house cleaner, so this year has really put a cramp in my style because I couldn't do anything much. And a Christmas day to spend organizing my house is a gift. It really is.

THEN after Christmas, before New Year's I have a family member coming from about an hour away to help me do some wall papering. All the updates on my house here were supposed to have been finished by now. But all my cash money went to doctors. And I just wasn't able to put up with any projects as sick as I was. Hope to have it all done by December 2012. And I'm not letting anyone tell me I won't live that long, the way they did about December 2011!

Maybe before the winter us over, I will put THIS where a console is between kitchen and dining room:

http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Firep...places/Napoleon-Vent-Free-Peninsula-Fireplace

Last edited:
Heard from the kids. They were about half way through opening their presents, but had to stop for a 'breakfast break.' LOL. So far the baby has left all his stuff sitting and is running around with the cat toy! How funny is that. Kids usually enjoy playing with the boxes more than they do the toys. I bought him an obscenely expensive outfit for Christmas from a store here in Murray where they look you up and down when you come in the store to see if they want you even shopping there! LOL. That place is not his standard fare, but I like to get him something really expensive 3 or 4 times a year! Sent it to him early before I sent the other stuff so he could get some wear out of it!

Forum List

Back