"Merry Christmas" signs at my school

GunnyL said:
You ain't funny ..... not even a teency-weency bit ....... :finger:

Nonsense. You're just old & grouchy & quite possibly overtired. :slap:

Besides, I know you love me. :tng:

GunnyL said:

smilie_pinoc.gif

that the Europeans who journeyed to the U.S. sought religious freedom. They didn't want anyone telling them what to believe. It's the most remarkable and wonderful thing about this country, and is the reason that we attracted vast intelligence from abroad--e.g. Albert Einstein and about half the hard-science graduate students in the entire country. Make this country a God-fearing Christian one, and you'll turn off all that vitality and talent, and send the U.S. into a nosedive towards something similar to your average Islamic theocracy.

Instead of making fun of those who support the rights of other religions among the majority Christians, why not take a moment to imagine how you'd feel if Islamic displays were everywhere in the U.S., and you were Muslim?

And why the heck do Christians in this country constantly play the martyr?

Mariner.

Mariner said:
that the Europeans who journeyed to the U.S. sought religious freedom. They didn't want anyone telling them what to believe.
But they didn't have a problem telling anyone else to believe as they did. That's why Maryland was founded.
It's the most remarkable and wonderful thing about this country, and is the reason that we attracted vast intelligence from abroad--e.g. Albert Einstein and about half the hard-science graduate students in the entire country. Make this country a God-fearing Christian one, and you'll turn off all that vitality and talent, and send the U.S. into a nosedive towards something similar to your average Islamic theocracy.
I have no desire to make others believe what I do, I would be against any that would. On the other hand, that arguement should not change the wording of the Constitution from 'establishing' to 'seperating.' Words were important to the framers, as they should be today.
Instead of making fun of those who support the rights of other religions among the majority Christians, why not take a moment to imagine how you'd feel if Islamic displays were everywhere in the U.S., and you were Muslim?
Funny, in some locales it's ok for the mosques to sound the call to prayers. When there are Greenpeace meetings in the city, bills are posted all over the place-yet to see anyone sue them or even have them ticketed. So for some religions it's ok, but not for Christianity? (btw, Greenpeace has some members with ties to ecoterrorism-which is at least an ideology, if not a religion.)[

Mariner.
I think it falls under free speech...

Mariner said:
that the Europeans who journeyed to the U.S. sought religious freedom. They didn't want anyone telling them what to believe. It's the most remarkable and wonderful thing about this country, and is the reason that we attracted vast intelligence from abroad--e.g. Albert Einstein and about half the hard-science graduate students in the entire country. Make this country a God-fearing Christian one, and you'll turn off all that vitality and talent, and send the U.S. into a nosedive towards something similar to your average Islamic theocracy.

Mariner.
I hate it when I have to explain a joke....

I don’t agree with you at all. The ACLU in my opinion is not one of those groups. It is an instrument of the Left's persecution of those who practice religion; its goal is to expunge religious expression from American life.

We were in no danger of becoming a theocracy before the ACLU came along. Religious freedom was not under threat before school prayer was abolished. People put their displays up, they put up their menorahs, and life went on. Today, there are lawsuits for setting up religious displays, we worry if putting a holiday decoration up at work that might offend someone and set management after us, people are being sent home for wearing a crucifix. Thanks to the ACLU, we now live in an atmosphere of fear. Fear of being sued, fear of being fired, fear of having civil complaints filed against us, and fear of the government.

The ACLU likes to pass itself off as a knight in shining armor working tirelessly defending civil rights, I couldn't disagree more. The ACLU systematically targets the expression of religion in public. Its founder, Roger Baldwin, was a communist who once said that "Communism is the Goal [of the ACLU]".

I'd like to turn the tables on you. How would you like to live in a country where the freedom to practice religion is a state crime punishable by prison sentences? How would you like to live in a country with a plummeting standard of living because most scientists have left to seek freedom elsewhere? I'm not making that up, that was the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact countries. I work with a young lady from Romania, her grandfather was a priest, she’s told me some tales.

And for the martyr comment.... I suppose that Christians were playing martyr when they were fed to the lions... would you have complained that Christians cried out too loudly when the lions disemboweled them?

What is it with you on the Left? You all have this unhealthy fixation and obsessive hatred of Christians. No other religious group gets that kind of attention from the Left. Then, when someone calls you on it, you all deny it. You not only have a hate problem, you are in denial, too.

The Left complains that Christians try to tell everyone what to do, then litigates them into submission and forces its point of view on everyone...

The Left complains that Christians try to get tax payer funding of their religion, then it gets a new tax created to fund abortion on demand, or funding of artwork like "Piss Christ" that attacks Christianity and a myriad of others. As it that isn’t getting the tax payer to fund your world view.

Someone has to stop this lunacy, or eventually, there won't be any religious freedom remaining in this country. It won't stop there, either. Once religious freedom goes, then the other rights of Man will topple like dominoes. Eventually, we will find ourselves living in a dictatorship that denies even the most basic rights.

Once the light of freedom goes out in this country, it will go out for the entire world. Freedom loving people of the world will have no refuge, the true Dark Ages will then have begun.

Mariner said:

Mariner.

What you say is true - Europeans did come here to escape religious persecution and to be able to practice their own religions in peace and freedom. They didn't like being forced to practice the King's religion in public and practice their own religion in secret places.

What is currently happening in America is almost a repeat of the old days.....we are experiencing religious persecution as religious expression is being sytematically stamped out of the public arena and replaced with atheism/secularism...in other words, the ability to express one's religion in the public square is being curtailed just as it was back in the bad old European days and once again there is only one "approved" form of expression tolerated in the public square. Where should the silenced move next to get away from this oppression?

KarlMarx said:
I hate it when I have to explain a joke....

I don’t agree with you at all. The ACLU in my opinion is not one of those groups. It is an instrument of the Left's persecution of those who practice religion; its goal is to expunge religious expression from American life.

We were in no danger of becoming a theocracy before the ACLU came along. Religious freedom was not under threat before school prayer was abolished. People put their displays up, they put up their menorahs, and life went on. Today, there are lawsuits for setting up religious displays, we worry if putting a holiday decoration up at work that might offend someone and set management after us, people are being sent home for wearing a crucifix. Thanks to the ACLU, we now live in an atmosphere of fear. Fear of being sued, fear of being fired, fear of having civil complaints filed against us, and fear of the government.

The ACLU likes to pass itself off as a knight in shining armor working tirelessly defending civil rights, I couldn't disagree more. The ACLU systematically targets the expression of religion in public. Its founder, Roger Baldwin, was a communist who once said that "Communism is the Goal [of the ACLU]".

I'd like to turn the tables on you. How would you like to live in a country where the freedom to practice religion is a state crime punishable by prison sentences? How would you like to live in a country with a plummeting standard of living because most scientists have left to seek freedom elsewhere? I'm not making that up, that was the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact countries. I work with a young lady from Romania, her grandfather was a priest, she’s told me some tales.

And for the martyr comment.... I suppose that Christians were playing martyr when they were fed to the lions... would you have complained that Christians cried out too loudly when the lions disemboweled them?

What is it with you on the Left? You all have this unhealthy fixation and obsessive hatred of Christians. No other religious group gets that kind of attention from the Left. Then, when someone calls you on it, you all deny it. You not only have a hate problem, you are in denial, too.

The Left complains that Christians try to tell everyone what to do, then litigates them into submission and forces its point of view on everyone...

The Left complains that Christians try to get tax payer funding of their religion, then it gets a new tax created to fund abortion on demand, or funding of artwork like "Piss Christ" that attacks Christianity and a myriad of others. As it that isn’t getting the tax payer to fund your world view.

Someone has to stop this lunacy, or eventually, there won't be any religious freedom remaining in this country. It won't stop there, either. Once religious freedom goes, then the other rights of Man will topple like dominoes. Eventually, we will find ourselves living in a dictatorship that denies even the most basic rights.

Once the light of freedom goes out in this country, it will go out for the entire world. Freedom loving people of the world will have no refuge, the true Dark Ages will then have begun.
:clap:

This would have put 'Lincoln'to shame...let me know if ya run for higher office..I will support your campaign! :)
:rock:

Mariner said:

Mariner.

Why do non-Christians in this country constantly put Christians on the defense, then play like you have no idea what they're talking about when they counter by asking why you're attacking them?

You can deny the obvious until the cows come home .... it changes reality not one wit.

Muslims DO get to celebrate whatever religious observation they wish. Hell, we treat Muslim prisoners who are suspected of terrrorism better than we treat our own.

Likewise, any religion EXCEPT Christianity. Christians are reviled and attacked at every turn.

Well, you can pretend you don't know what anyone's talking about all you want. Perhaps you CAN fool yourself. I see you for the hypocrite you are.

Mariner said:

Mariner.

Basic PoliSci 101 - Religious tolerance (freedom of religion) does not legitimize other religions, only gives the right to be wrong without persecution.

So to all of you viewers out there, have a merry Christmas, happy Hanukah, kwazy Kwanza, terrific Tet, and a solemn and respectable Ramadan, now a word from my god: our sponsor.

deaddude said:
So to all of you viewers out there, have a merry Christmas, happy Hanukah, kwazy Kwanza, terrific Tet, and a solemn and respectable Ramadan, now a word from my god: our sponsor.

I find that offensive. Pls edit your post appropriatly. :poke:

:laugh:

deaddude said:

And for the Athiest and Agnostics...Have a nice day.

Forum List

Back