Merkel Meets Popular US President....Before Meeting Trump

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
BERLIN — Angela Merkel had meetings with not one but two American presidents in her calendar on Thursday — and both could help her win re-election, but for different reasons.

Before heading to Brussels for a meeting with fellow NATO leaders including U.S. President Donald Trump, the German chancellor sat down in Berlin for a public discussion with his predecessor, Barack Obama, against the backdrop of the Brandenburg Gate.

Obama didn’t take long to offer a strong endorsement of Merkel’s leadership — just the sort of signal her Christian Democrats had been hoping for. Unlike her visitor from the United States, Merkel still has another election to win and Obama remains highly popular in Germany.

“Not only do I love this city, but one of my favorite partners throughout my presidency is sitting next to me today,” Obama said. “Chancellor Merkel has done outstanding work, not just here in Germany, but around the world.”

In front of 70,000 people gathered for a church convention, Merkel and Obama spent 90 minutes on stage discussing a broad range of topics including U.S. health care reform, military drones and migration.

Merkel meets popular US president … before seeing Trump

So it was a meeting of the former and present leaders of the free world, and then there was "Little Donnie". Was he pouting again?

Poor obungle still struggling to be relevant. He's no longer relevant but he is still black. That counts too.

BERLIN — Angela Merkel had meetings with not one but two American presidents in her calendar on Thursday — and both could help her win re-election, but for different reasons.

Before heading to Brussels for a meeting with fellow NATO leaders including U.S. President Donald Trump, the German chancellor sat down in Berlin for a public discussion with his predecessor, Barack Obama, against the backdrop of the Brandenburg Gate.

Obama didn’t take long to offer a strong endorsement of Merkel’s leadership — just the sort of signal her Christian Democrats had been hoping for. Unlike her visitor from the United States, Merkel still has another election to win and Obama remains highly popular in Germany.

“Not only do I love this city, but one of my favorite partners throughout my presidency is sitting next to me today,” Obama said. “Chancellor Merkel has done outstanding work, not just here in Germany, but around the world.”

In front of 70,000 people gathered for a church convention, Merkel and Obama spent 90 minutes on stage discussing a broad range of topics including U.S. health care reform, military drones and migration.

Merkel meets popular US president … before seeing Trump

It isn't going to be long, and one of YOUR peeps is getting busted for the leaks, then all hell is breaking loose. Enjoy your little respite while you can, because once that person is caught and starts talking, we aren't be going to see to many left wingers on here for quite awhile-)

The Somalian qu33r Obama and that disgusting, evil POS Merkel should be so proud!

So it was a meeting of the former and present leaders of the free world, and then there was "Little Donnie". Was he pouting again?

He was busy getting things done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like pushing people around for the best spot in the photo op? Then stand there and pout.

You guys really plopped out a big turd huckster to represent America this time.

Poor obungle still struggling to be relevant. He's no longer relevant but he is still black. That counts too.

He's only 6% black....50% white, 44% arab....nappy head with jug-ears, no whiskers.

Have you ever looked at Obama? He is about as Arab as I am, which is 0%! He looks like every other East African.

Kenyans were conquered by Arabs and Islam was imposed on them. That is where his name originates. Nothing more.

Forum List

Back