Merged Senate in the balance! With 'Tim Johnson' Suffers Possible Stroke

I heard on the radio today that he's got weeks, if not months, of rehab ahead of him. I would imagine that he'll retain his seat, and the Senate will remain 51-49 or (50-49).

I certainly hope he recovers soon. One may wish for death on military opponents, but not political opponents.

I heard on the radio today that he's got weeks, if not months, of rehab ahead of him. I would imagine that he'll retain his seat, and the Senate will remain 51-49 or (50-49).

I certainly hope he recovers soon. One may wish for death on military opponents, but not political opponents.

Democrat Senator Not Ready for Death With Dignity
Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) felt a little woozy today, probably after eating one of the Shrub's poisoned tacos. Indigestion probably, but it was enough to start the bloodthirsty right-wing vultures circling overhead, licking their reptilian chops in morbid anticipation that Johnson would keel over and put control of Congress back in their hands. Some even hypocritically demanded that Michael Schiavo be allowed to grant him Death with Dignity.

The so-called “Compassionate Conservatives” praying for Johnson's demise needn’t waste Jezzus' time. If Sen. Johnson should ever become so mentally incapacitated that he couldn’t perform his duties as a Democrat congressman, I’d be really surprised. In fact, it’s virtually impossible. Our own Sen. Patty Murray has an I.Q. of seven but a heart of gold, and Rep. Jim McDermott enjoys long, meandering conversations with his toaster. Being mentally challenged doesn't make them unable lead. Rather, it makes them better Democrats!

So as long as he doesn’t send any gay emails to his interns, Johnson is guaranteed his own private oxygen tent in Congress for as long as Harry Reid can keep his brain alive.

Sorry to rain on your funeral procession, repugs.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2006/12/democrat_senato.html

12-27-06
U.S. Senator Tim Johnson remains sedated in a Washington, D.C. hospital as his family prepares for his birthday tomorrow.

South Dakota's senior senator had emergency surgery two weeks ago for bleeding in the brain.

A Johnson spokesman says his family remains optimistic but could not say how long he'll remain under sedation. The senator has been in critical condition since the surgery. Sedation is being done to minimize swelling of his brain.

http://www.keloland.com/News/NewsDetail6375.cfm?Id=0,53436

Forum List

Back