Merged Obama's Background

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avatar4321, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,148
    This past week there has been some controversy over Obama's past association with a muslim school. It seems as though Hillary was going to attack him on this and this was leaked to the Press and Obama's denying it was a muslim school.

Frankly, I don't care about the school (Although for all intensive purposes i dont know many predominately muslim schools where the Quran is studied daily which would be considered secular). But there are some questions about his connection to Islam in the past that I am curious about.

From the reports I've seen when he attended the Catholic school he went to, his father insisted that he be recognized as a Muslim student there. I want to know whether this is true or not. I know he has since converted to Christianity. But Id still like to know his history here. Especially considering we are waging a war with Islamic extremism. Because if he was a Muslim, and converted, he is an Apostate to them. Can he be an effective commander-in-chief if he will be targeted for beheading by muslim in any country he goes to?

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Good luck finding out anything, he's not talking regarding the muslim school.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    At five years of age, he attended a school in Indonesia with Muslims...and Buddhists...and Christians...and children from other religious backgrounds. This is simply more bullshit from the right-wing noise machine, as they have nothing else to smear him with. Except that he smokes.

:rolleyes:

4. UnAmericanYOU

UnAmericanYOU VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +122
    There's many inconsistancies with this, turns out Barack is Barry, still digging into his past. This:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1772690/posts?page=4

is just one of those blogs looking into this. For example:

http://laotze.blogspot.com/

Is damning and contradicts MANY things he's said. Some think the VRWC is behind all this, but it's probably Hillary Clinton welcoming him to the world of national politics.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Roopull

Roopull Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    That was pretty much my thought, as well. I don't doubt that the right could be behind it, but to discount the Clinton political machine is just silly. There are plenty of Democrats who have felt the sting of that machine.

6. Bullypulpit

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    What child doesn't show innocent zeal in the religions of their parents?

That you willingly take the unsubstantiated posts of right wing nut-jobs, shows how little you care about the truth of the matter.

<center><a href=http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/index.html> CNN debunks false report about Obama</a></center>

And there's this from <b>Media Matters</b>:

<center><a href=http://mediamatters.org/items/200701200003>Right-wing media figures claim Clinton behind Obama/Muslim smears</a></center>

You can read the story summary and see the video if you follow the link. But you'll just chalk it up to lies by the dreaded "MSM". But don't let reality interfere with your <i>sub rosa</i> racism, it's too entertaining watching y'all make fools of yourselves in this matter.

7. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Hillary will not allow this liitle upstart take her nomination away from her. The Clintonistas did this background check, and it will be fun to watch a female lib go after a black lib

BTW, I thought libs were opposed to racial profiling?

8. UnAmericanYOU

UnAmericanYOU VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +122
    What adult lies about the innocent religions of their parents after they grow up?

Can't wish it away. Would you have believe it from Dan Rather? Well?

CNN, now there's a source. Others don't buy their knee-jerk response either.

Only liberalmediamatters doesn't matter. Don't you understand? Obama's a dream opponent, who would benefit the most making this an issue now?

What's entertaining is to watch y'all fawn all over Barry. You also were too predictable in playing the R card, but maybe that's just me.

9. Bullypulpit

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    What credible evidence can you provide that Senator Obama engaged in ANY such prevarication? (crickets)

As long as the information is is backed by documented, credible sources does it matter who the news reader is? But that is not the case in this matter. It sprang from an unsubstantiated, uncredited source from a known right-wing media outlet, the online magazine "Insight". It was then repeated by FOX Noise, again, without verification of the source or the story.

More credible than any that first reported the "story". Sorry to burst your bubble.

"Media Matters" questions the credibility of stories from both the right AND the left. In the absence of the "Fairness Doctrine" they sort the wheat from the chaff at both ends of the political spectrum. As for "Who benefits?", it's obvious. The right wingers are getting off to an early start with their swift boating of the Democratic candidates.

The "R card", as you call it is simply an observation of the term "Halfrican", which was first used by a San Francisco right-wing radio talk-show host and later picked up by Rush Limbaugh and the rest of the right-wing noise machine. The race card was first played by the right wing-nuts, not me.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Bully, I am pointing out the obvious to you, you are sounding really desperate. Is Obama in that much trouble? Should we hail Hillary now?