Mentioning in public that you like Ayn Rand is like...

It's more like saying you're homosexual in public, actually. But if you use the right words, you can sniff out others who share your sentiments.

In fact, it is very similar to announcing your opposition to Obama anywhere in New York.

Doing that in Seattle is a death wish ... I recently discovered. The glares my friend and I get ...

I personally dont see anything wrong with it. When you say something like that, it attacks other people's belief systems by saying to them that there is something out there other than what they believe.
Using this ill-logic, campaigning for a candidate is offensive to other's beliefs. People who get offended so easily need to STFU and have their rights to vote curtailed

[

This in turn puts them on the defensive because its something they dont know about...it hurts their egos. Humans are egotists. It will forever be this way...and when something unknown pops up, it just scares people. Too bad for them, I say. If they dont like it.. then they can wear earplugs in their ears for the rest of their lives. I live in the US where freedom is scarce these days.. but it is my entitlement.

Jamie

Freedom isn't as scare as critical thinking is.

:lol:

:eusa_shhh:
Scientologist LOL

Not a bad analogy

*thh

I'm in trouble now. I went down to hollywood and there were the uniformed ones...teh true cultists. Scary. My balls shrivelled up at the site of them. For the first time in my life I knew what it was like to feel as fearful as a samuraijack exposed.
The Scientologists or the Randians wear uniforms?

I was speaking of the Scientologists, but now that you mention it...
:lol:

Forum List

Back