Mentally handicap locked in dungeon for benefits

Every three years the state of NJ makes me show ID to pick up my paycheck from people I've known half my life. This is to prove that I am who I am and prove I'm not dead. (It would me mighty tough to teach from the grave)

I think it's high time for ANYONE getting a govt check to prove who they are. It seems like a very simple "inconvenience".

She may be the first person charged with a hate crime against the disabled. Good call?

The Matthew Shepard and James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, passed in 2009, expanded the earlier hate-crimes law to include victims' sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.

If Weston is indicted under the act, it will be the first time anyone in the country is charged under the law's provision for crimes against the disabled, said Mark Kappelhoff, chief of the criminal section of the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division.

Woman at center of Tacony torture case may face hate-crime charges | Philadelphia Inquirer | 11/21/2011

Mentally Ill have human rights too...
:cool:
WHO: Poor Treatment of Mentally Ill Violates Their Human Rights
December 10, 2011 - To mark this year’s Human Rights Day, the World Health Organization is urging countries to implement a new project called QualityRights, which aims to improve mental health services. WHO says the project will help to end human rights violations against the mentally ill.
The World Health Organization calls the abusive conditions endured by people with mental health conditions a hidden human rights emergency. WHO reports that all over the world people with mental and psychosocial disabilities are subject to a wide range of human rights violations, stigma and discrimination. The United Nations agency says global mental health care facilities offer the mentally ill poor quality care that often hinders their recovery.

WHO’s Mental Health Policy Coordinator, Michelle Funk, says people in mental health facilities often are exposed to high levels of abuse and violence. She says their living conditions are inhumane and the treatment they receive is degrading. “For example, people can be overmedicated to keep them docile and easy to manage," she said. "They can be locked in cells or restrained for days and months without food and water, without any human contact and leaving people to urinate and defecate in the very places where they are sleeping. And, what makes these abuses even more shocking is that they are happening at the very hands of the health workers who are meant to provide care, treatment and support.”

The World Health Organization says health care workers receive minimal training. And, the group says workers do not understand that people with mental disabilities have human rights, which must be respected and not abused. Funk notes violations are not restricted to inpatient and residential facilities. She says many people seeking care from outpatient and community care services are treated with contempt and denied basic rights and services. “Now, in the wider community, people with mental health conditions are unable to access health services and general social services, such as housing, education and employment-leading to poverty and also leading to high rates of morbidity and mortality," she said.

"And, what is more, because of these violations, people are condemned to living their lives in institutions or they end up homeless living on the streets.” Funk says WHO’s QualityRights project aims to tackle these violations. First and foremost, she says the project aims to improve the quality and human rights conditions of mental health and social care services in order to put an end to these abhorrent conditions. She says several countries already are implementing these programs. They include Spain, Panama and Greece and India.

Source

Ahhh.... the glory of Privatization. Let's throw the Developmentally Disabled out of very regulated institutions and put them in either "for Profit" Group Homes, or in this case...a private home.

Face it.... there are cases where government is needed.... same with the prison system.
Absolutely!​

When law authoritries investigate they will find out that mental hospital doctors are responsible for majority of Prescription drugs related deaths worldwide.
Lemme guess....you're the only person that knows this, right??

Where's all your data?​

Well if people will get psychotic drugs from a mental doctor, you have got to expect problems really.

All the mental hospitals and such institutions in the world will be shut down forever.
So.....where'd you do your time?​

As far as psychotropic drugs are concerned, Let me put it this way... If it were me, and I was in psychiatric misery, I would much rather have 60 years of stability and relative peace than 80 years of psychosis.
What research is being done.....and, where?

I've always (as a layman) seen psychotropic drugs as pretty-much a temporary band-aid. Ever since the days o' Bedlam, I've always wondered whether-or-not consistent/persistent efforts are made to solve mental-health problems, or if psychotropics might (just) be used....by too many (not necessarily at the institutional-level), to maintain a certain-level of profitability.....or, possibly because research-buck$ have been deemed an unnecessary (at this time) expense?​

:eusa_eh:

The three people found in the basement — a 29-year-old woman and the men, who are 31, 35, and 41 — have the mental capacity of 10-year-olds, police said. They were taken to a hospital for treatment and listed in stable condition. Little said the victims, whose names were not released, appeared to have no physical problems other than malnourishment

OK, someone needs to ask The Question:

How did Truthmatters, Rdean, Old Rocks, and Wry Catcher get internet service in a sub-basement?
Seeing-as-how you know they're in a sub-basement....aren't they simply shouting-distance from you????

:eusa_eh:

AFTER LINDA ANN Weston got paroled from prison, where she served about four years for locking her sister's boyfriend in a closet and starving him to death, the just-freed convicted murderer marched into Family Court.

She wanted her kids back. And the court gave them to her. Weston's siblings were baffled at how DHS could entrust her with children, given her violent past. Weston has at least eight children, three of whom are juveniles.

Did Family Court know, for instance, that one of Weston's younger siblings, Alexander Weston, then 13, testified - during a 1983 preliminary hearing in the Bernardo Ramos murder case - that he was afraid of Weston and that she often hit him with a broom? And that a sister of Weston's testified that Weston had struck her with an electrical cord? Or that an attorney for another sister, Venus Weston, told the criminal court that the family had a long history of incest?

He said Weston forced her siblings to have sex with each other. "It was at her direction. . . . It seemed like it was happening every time I turned around."

If he refused to watch or if he hid, she beat him with an air-conditioner cord, he said. One time, when he was about 8 years old, Weston put him in the oven because he refused to watch her having sex with her cousin, he said.

Troy Weston told the Daily News that Weston had forced two of her sisters to prostitute themselves when they were between the ages of 13 and 17.

Weston also drugged him when he was a small boy, Troy said. "One time she gave me a pill and it got me so groggy," he said. "My brother came to get me. He thought maybe she was going to put me in the basement."

Siblings had alleged incest, abuse, but court gave kids back to Weston | Philadelphia Daily News | 10/21/2011

Her 18 year old son has come to her defense. He said the people liked living in the basement. If they didn't, they should have yelled. :(

Those kids will never be right.

Sounds like a typical urban black family to me.
Yeah.....that'd (typically) be the diagnosis of dim-witted White Trash.

Huh?

My suspicions were correct. They are now saying it may have been up to 50 victims.
Ten children and teens were taken into protective custody Tuesday night, ranging in age from 2 to 19, reportedly near the apartment building in Philadelphia's Tacony neighborhood, where the four original victims were discovered Saturday morning.

"At least we were able to locate several children that we were concerned about," Ramsey added. "That's the good news. Bad news is some of them were not treated very well. In fact, one has some pretty serious injuries."

Investigators said there could be as many as 50 additional victims in the case. On Monday, Ramsey said that Weston had Social Security documents and other personal information for "almost 50 people" in her possession when she was arrested.

Read more: Gruesome Details Emerge In Philadelphia Dungeon Case | Fox News

The Progressive's entitlement doctrine...and it's deep roots. FDR is either apalled or rejoicing from the grave. And how about that Great Society of LBJ?

He too must be so proud of this. Out-friggin'-standing!:clap2:

Yeah....let's HEAR IT!! for the Butcher of Guatemalan......

Forum List

Back