Mental Problem Not Gun Problem

1,000,000 Americans have been killed by guns since 1960.

I will attack anyone at anytime who wants this madness to continue.

Well, then, I guess you're just THRILLED that Gabby Giffords got herself shot so that you have a spiffy new weapon to advance your agenda with. Too bad she had the ill manners to survive the attack instead of dying and being an even better tool for you to use, huh?

It's bad enough when you sick, rabid, partisan bastards throw your own people under the bus, but using their bleeding corpses as red carpets is just beyond repulsive.

No, the sick bastards are the people who vote in Republicans that allow 31 bullet ammo clips to be sold to killers at Walmart.

Anyone who isn't outraged by that is without feeling.

All you and your ilk's loud mouths will do is persuade millions to buy the largest magazines they can before tyrants like yourself can close the door. Good luck with that traitor. Oh, and genius, you can't buy handguns or magazines like that at a Wal-Mart. Last time I looked a retarded bolt action hunting rifle, shotgun, or a lousy semi .22 was the just about all you could take from those shelves. Not well suited for killing droves of stupid democrats.

Last edited:
How about Rep Grajalva is going to bring a gun law bill to the floor?
How about Robert Brady wanting a law to stop Target signs that Palin put up?
This will not stop a mentally ill person

The more I listen to the left's rhetoric on this, the sorrier I feel for Gabby Giffords and the more grateful I become that I'm not a leftist. It must suck royally to have your own supposed allies gleefully stampeding over your bleeding body to launch political attacks. It's a damned pity they don't seem even half as concerned about her as a person as they are about her as a tool.

1,000,000 Americans have been killed by guns since 1960.

I will attack anyone at anytime who wants this madness to continue.

Again I ask, How many Americans have been killed by vehicles since 1960? How many by Doctors?

the fact still remains that guns can kill people

So do cars and people, wanna outlaw people? How about Doctors they kill 100k a year, 2 and half times those murdered each year.

And doctors and cars are HEAVILY REGULATED for the simple reason that they can kill people.

Thanks for proving my point.

RETARD ALERT, 5 day waiting period for hand guns, NATION WIDE. REQUIRED back ground check for hand guns NATIONWIDE. Talk about regulated. Further a lot of places require you get a PERMIT from the local sheriff to even start the process.

As for a car? All I need is a license which is rather easy to get and some insurance and I can buy any car I can afford.

I wonder at one point someone who kills a politician is anything BUT insane? I wonder what tyranny it will take for that kind of behaviour to be condoned? Certainly more than what this liberal who moved to the center ever deserved. The man was obviously disturbed.

I don't think you necessarily have to be insane. Evil would work just as well.

Insane just seems to be more common.

I think the "Target" department store chain is inciting violence with their signs and their name.

Anyone that has shopped there needs the government to evaluate them.

In fact, even if they drove by or received advertising...

:cuckoo:.. yes... I'm screwy...

Last edited:
Charles Krauthammer had this quote in his article today, which I think bears repeating:

A climate of hate? This man lived within his very own private climate. "His thoughts were unrelated to anything in our world," said the teacher of Loughner's philosophy class at Pima Community College. "He was very disconnected from reality," said classmate Lydian Ali. "You know how it is when you talk to someone who's mentally ill and they're just not there?" said neighbor Jason Johnson. "It was like he was in his own world."

No matter how much we might sometimes wish to, it is impossible to ever fully insulate ourselves from bad occurrences and bad people. No amount of restriction on personal freedom is ever going to make the world completely safe and risk-free, and the sooner we understand that and start trying to work with how things are instead of how we want them to be, the better off we'll all be.

I don't think we need any new laws on what types of guns people can own. The only thing I'd like to see is for warning signs such as Loughner being kicked out of school for being too deranged to be reported. If the signs for him were reported properly (as they should have been), then he would have not been able to buy a gun from a store.

I do think we need to have proper training on how to actually use a gun though. Too many people think it's as easy as point and pull the trigger. No extra limits on what they can and cannot buy-just make it so they need to take a safety test, and safety training. I don't think that's infringing on anybody's constitutional rights, and isn't a bad idea.

BTW, here is the diagnostic criteria for Schizophrenia:

According to the revised fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR), to be diagnosed with schizophrenia, three diagnostic criteria must be met:[77]

1. Characteristic symptoms: Two or more of the following, each present for much of the time during a one-month period (or less, if symptoms remitted with treatment).
* Delusions
* Hallucinations
* Disorganized speech, which is a manifestation of formal thought disorder
* Grossly disorganized behavior (e.g. dressing inappropriately, crying frequently) or catatonic behavior
* Negative symptoms: Blunted affect (lack or decline in emotional response), alogia (lack or decline in speech), or avolition (lack or decline in motivation)

If the delusions are judged to be bizarre, or hallucinations consist of hearing one voice participating in a running commentary of the patient's actions or of hearing two or more voices conversing with each other, only that symptom is required above. The speech disorganization criterion is only met if it is severe enough to substantially impair communication.

2. Social or occupational dysfunction: For a significant portion of the time since the onset of the disturbance, one or more major areas of functioning such as work, interpersonal relations, or self-care, are markedly below the level achieved prior to the onset.

3. Significant duration: Continuous signs of the disturbance persist for at least six months. This six-month period must include at least one month of symptoms (or less, if symptoms remitted with treatment).

I only put this up here because "schizophrenia" seems to be the crowd favorite when it comes to mental illnesses (probably because it is the most apparent). It unfairly stigmatizes schizophrenics.

We don't have any evidence that Lougher had hallucinations and he doesn't appear to be disorganized or exhibit negative symptoms.

He was certainly delusional, but his delusions were "non-bizarre".

There are a lot of things that could go on his differential, to include substance induced psychosis.
Where's your source??

:eusa_eh:

Anyone could make-up a title....and, content.​

The DSM-IV.

If you don't know what that is, then perhaps you should be doing the research.

You are correct, paranoid schizophrenics are the most high functioning, however, that doesn't mean they are generally dangerous.

If that were the case, there would be a inordinate amount of violent crimes committed by schizophrenics. That is not the case. In fact the lifetime prevalence of schizophrenia is 1%. There aren't enough schizophrenics to account for all the violent crime in this country. This is not an inherently dangerous mental illlness that warrants people being locked away or having their rights deprived of them.

Furthermore, to even diagnose someone with schizophrenia they have to have active symptoms for a month and residual symptoms for six months. All schizophrenia equals psychosis but not all psychosis equals schizophrenia.

It's presumptive to diagnose Lougher before he's been fully evaluated.

I wonder at one point someone who kills a politician is anything BUT insane? I wonder what tyranny it will take for that kind of behaviour to be condoned? Certainly more than what this liberal who moved to the center ever deserved. The man was obviously disturbed.

Are you serious? How many politicians/leaders/whatever throughout history have been assassinated or killed by perfectly sane people?

Really? How insightful.. Oh and the fact still remains that crazy people do crazy things. And in this case he was a nut, a nut who was sick in the head and had a mental disorder.

Don't try and politicize this incident to your advantage.

If he had shot his insane words at these people you may have a point.

he shot a bullet from a gun so your point is kinda dead

:eusa_eh:

State background checks have been shown in studies to reduce gun death between 22-27%. 29 states have such checks, Arizona is not one of them.
1: Prove it
2: There's still a FEDERAL background check, which looks for disqualifying events across ALL states, not just e the state of the purchase.

Likewise, allowing the 2004 Republican Congress allowed the assault weapons ban to expire, otherwise this nutcase would not have been able to buy extended ammo clips with 31 bullets in them at Walmart.
Horespoo. Hi-cap mags were every bit as available during the ban as before and after.
I, personally, bought dozens of them.

Thanks Republicans, for helping criminals kill more people.
^^^^
Ignorant, partisan bigotry at its finest.

And doctors and cars are HEAVILY REGULATED for the simple reason that they can kill people.
You dont need a license to buy a car.
You dont need a license to own a car.
You dont need to register a car to own it.
You dont need to register a car to use it on private property.

Love that regulation!

You dont need a license to buy a car.
You dont need a license to own a car.
You dont need to register a car to own it.
You dont need to register a car to use it on private property.

Love that regulation!

You do need to take a safety test, and prove you're capable of operating the vehicle properly in order to drive the car though. You do need to register with the DMV if you plan on ever using it in public (which includes transporting it yourself in public).

I'm not for banning any types of guns that aren't banned-but I do think we need to have safety tests for those who're going to buy a gun. Prove you can use it properly-then you can use it.

I don't think we need any new laws on what types of guns people can own. The only thing I'd like to see is for warning signs such as Loughner being kicked out of school for being too deranged to be reported. If the signs for him were reported properly (as they should have been), then he would have not been able to buy a gun from a store.

I do think we need to have proper training on how to actually use a gun though. Too many people think it's as easy as point and pull the trigger. No extra limits on what they can and cannot buy-just make it so they need to take a safety test, and safety training. I don't think that's infringing on anybody's constitutional rights, and isn't a bad idea.

Apparently, they WERE reported. It seems the Pima County Sheriff's Department had this blip on their radar for a while, which is why our dickhead Sheriff is now frantically trying to divert blame to everyone else. For the life of me, I can't fathom how this waste of space continues to get re-elected. I assume it's because most people either don't pay attention, or just don't remember some of the bonehead things he does when election time rolls around.

You do need to take a safety test, and prove you're capable of operating the vehicle properly in order to drive the car though.
But not to drive it on private property.
And not to simply own it.

You do need to register with the DMV if you plan on ever using it in public (which includes transporting it yourself in public).
But not to simply own it.
And, you need register it to transport it only if you are transporting it on its own wheels - no need to do so if you trailer it.

I do think we need to have safety tests for those who're going to buy a gun. Prove you can use it properly-then you can use it.
This is a precondition to the exercise of the right not inherent to the right itself. Thus, it is an infringement.

Last edited:

Yes, it is fact, a minor one considering all the weapons that can and do kill people. So do we learn anything from all the various means used to kill people? Maybe that it doesn't matter what the weapon is when a murder is about to occur??

Forum List

Back