Mental illness.

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
MENTAL ILLNESS.

We want to blame mental illness for the actions of the Arizona shooter but all mental ill do not pick up guns and shoot people. Mentally ill doesn’t mean you do not know what you are doing and why you are doing it. Even if thinking it is distorted, shooter was not crazy.

We cannot take guns away from everyone who is mentally ill or institutionalize them. If we did, Beck, Hannity, Rush, Angle, Bachmann, Palin and most of the Tea Baggerswould be at the top of the list, if not borderline mentally ill and should not have guns. They speak the same language as the Arizona shooter.

“We need a revolution every 20 years” What doee that mean and what message doe it send?

O’Reilly: “Obama right to seek calm.” O’Reilly and the right wing media should have thought of this when they were spewing all the hate, violence and racist rhetoric.

Cory Farley. Columnist for Reno Gazette. “Rhetoric didn’t pull the trigger, but it did stoke rage.”

Loughner is bat-shit crazy. He likely doesn't know what day of the week, century, or decade it is either.

He lives in a world where grammar and coins are Gods.

Trying to rationalize ANYTHING he thinks or does is an undertaking in futility, and trying to politicize it is disingenuous and irresponsible.

I've read just about everything I could get my hands on written by Loughner and about Loughner by law enforcement, teachers and administrators.

I can tell you five things with absolute certainty.

Loughner is irrational.
Read the postings from Loughner linked in this thread, it's posts and videos from many sources, though it started with just the forum postings:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...and-threads-above-top-secret.html#post3209879

Loughner neither realized nor understood that he was irrational.
"Officer Mattocks spoke with LOUGHNER and at this point the loss of freedom of speech turned into freedom of thought and his right to write whatever he wanted to and get a good grade on his work. LOUGHNER was not understanding that his actions and causing a disruption in class had nothing to do with his to freedom of speech or freedom of thought. LOUGHNER was unable to process why the police were involved in the incident." (p.30)

Loughner's parents knew there was a mental concern involved.
"I began asking Jared another question and Jared stated he should not say any more. I asked why and Jerad state that his parents told him not to say more." (p.41)

The Campus Police identified that Loughner was suffering from a mental condition.
"The conversation was grading as Officer States and I considered the best possible options with Mr. Loughner's state of mind and reasoning. It was clear that he was unable to fully understand his actions and an Administrative approach was reasonable at this time." (p.32)
"Officer Mattocks and l met with Mr. Conover and conveyed to him that through our training and experience that there might be a mental health concern involved with LOUGHNER." (p.31)

Teachers and Administrators understood that Loughner might be a threat to others.
"According to Curry, she spoke with Loughner outside
the classroom, and felt like it might become physical. Loughner was then referred to Curry's supervisor,· Susan
Heinrich, who according to Curry also felt "intimidated." No contact has been made with Heinrich or Loughner at this
time.

Curry stated that her last semester class is scheduled for 1700 hours at CFA Recital Hall, and did not feel comfortable
teaching without an officer in the area." I infomed Curry that I would be near the CFA until her class ended.at 1800
hours; she acknowledged. I monitored the CFA complex until Curry's class ended at about 1755 hours, and then
cleared the call at about 1800 hours." (p.5)

"It was decided that LOUGHNER should not be allowed back into the classroom today due to the instructor and other students not feeling comfortable with LOUGHNER after the earlier disruption." (p.30)

"Officer Mattocks and l met with Mr. Conover [the Advanced Program Manager for Northwest Campus] and conveyed to him that through our training and experience that there might be a mental health concern involved with LOUGHNER. Mr. Conover stated that he had met with LOUGHNER on two previous occasions for disruptive behavior." (p.31)

"A writing instructor asked that I [ Mr. Conover] follow up with the student after he had made a "bizarre" comment in class. During the class student were talking about the poems they had written. One of the female students had a poem that in some way connected to abortion. With no context, Jared stated that we should have dynamite attached to babies. When I met with Jared his mother accompanied him. I asked Jared to help me understand his comment. He said that the class had been talking about abortion, which made him think of death, which made him think of suicide bombers, which made him think of babies as suicicde bombers." (p.42)The excerpts above are taken from this PDF file of reports and statement released by Pima Community College:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/nytdocs/docs/556/556.pdf
Need to point fingers? Use the facts.

This is exactly what I'm talking about in the other thread, ignore all the facts, the left must take advantage of this tragedy to score political points and attempt to silence those who oppose them.

That's what's important to them.

Last edited:
Mentally ill doesn’t mean you do not know what you are doing and why you are doing it.

I'm sure he did. Unfortunately, his reasons why were likely not grounded in any shared reality. More along the lines of taking out the next Hitler, or the instigator of WWIII or John Connor or some crap like that.

MENTAL ILLNESS.

We want to blame mental illness for the actions of the Arizona shooter but all mental ill do not pick up guns and shoot people. Mentally ill doesn’t mean you do not know what you are doing and why you are doing it. Even if thinking it is distorted, shooter was not crazy.

We cannot take guns away from everyone who is mentally ill or institutionalize them. If we did, Beck, Hannity, Rush, Angle, Bachmann, Palin and most of the Tea Baggerswould be at the top of the list, if not borderline mentally ill and should not have guns. They speak the same language as the Arizona shooter.

“We need a revolution every 20 years” What doee that mean and what message doe it send?

O’Reilly: “Obama right to seek calm.” O’Reilly and the right wing media should have thought of this when they were spewing all the hate, violence and racist rhetoric.

Cory Farley. Columnist for Reno Gazette. “Rhetoric didn’t pull the trigger, but it did stoke rage.”

All the more reason to say he's indeed batshit crazy. Who in their right mind gets that worked up over rhetoric?

Paranoid schizophrenia is not always the same thing as the legal standard for insanity.

A paranoid schizophrenic can still be completely responsible for their actions and cognizant of what they're doing.

Since Laughner apologized in advance for what he was about to do, on his facebook page I think, that can show he knew what he was doing was wrong. The prosecution will probably hammer on that if he tries to plead insanity.

Naah not palin the Palintologists.

But seriously folks.

Yes the shooter was crazy. But I do not think legally innocent under legal definitions of insanity.

My entire take on thie hate and fear mongering is that even if it did not cause this particular nut to kill, It is not healthy for America and I think it should stop.
It is like a bunch of 12 yr old kids fussing. And not how what is touted by many as the gretest country in the world to be should be acting.

Forum List

Back