Mental health stigma

Yes, precisely the schizoid violence of frontier capitalism. Suggested is Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia and Postscrip[t on the Societies of Control.

There is a huge problem in the US in regards to mental health. People don't want to talk about it or deal with it. And then we have those that insist mental issues are either made up or non existent.

We see it right here on this board. Hell we even have those with mental issues attacking others with mental issues.

While I agree the mental health profession is to quick to label some problems that are not problems mental health issues are REAL. We need to accept that and move on.

Some people do not seek help out of stigma for the problems. Some people do not understand there are remedies because a lot of information is not out there and promulgated.

And then there are those that are sick and do not seek help because they are sick. And where do we draw the line on forcing help?
Any local chics want a free full body massage with happy ending whenever you are, "bummed out"?

Nice guys do in modern times.

It's one thing if a certified mental illness professional says so-and-so shouldn't have a gun ...

That is still not O.K. in my book. They are professionals. Emphasis on professional. What ought to be a medical diagnosis subject to patient confidentiality with no particular legal bearing is made part of a public court record, which somehow exempts said professionals from liability for libel or slander, because of the allegations of danger to self or others, or "grave disability" or inability to take care of oneself on some other grounds. Malpractice suits against psychiatrists have never had much success in court, either, even before medical tort reform made that avenue of redress even more difficult.

Seems to me the individual should have the right to dispute the finding in a court of law before his/her 2nd amendment rights are suspended.

It would seem so, but I can tell you, that is not the case. The initial mental health commitment is always on an emergency basis, i.e. an alleged mental health crisis. The individual's appointed defense attorney is essentially made guardian ad litem for the commitment case, and generally prohibited by unwritten policy from raising any defense against the patient's lifelong loss of firearms privileges, or any other argument or objection against the prosecution. There is no day in court for an individual subject to mental health civil commitment proceedings.

And I might add that if the individual is pronounced cured or at least functional in society then those suspended rights ought to be lifted.

Come on. We all know that never happens in practice. You're fuckin' mental an' shit. For life. There is no cure for mental illness.

mental health names and charge codes to many things that previously were classified as simple bad behavior.

Whereas allegations of "bad behavior" are properly criminal prosecutions which ought to be subject to due process. The psychiatrization of crime exempts prosecutors and courts from due process.

Problems with gender identiy is a huge mental problem that we are told is non existent..

There is a great deal of denialism.

Gender identity crises are real. Look no further than youth (assumed by most to be adolescents), though in the report we posted, the authorities want to go back to childhood to look for causes, which is suspicious.

People have all sorts of identity crises: "I am who I am, not who other people want me to be."

An identity crisis might be one of gender, or perhaps an unwanted gang affiliation or other an unwanted association with crime, a crisis relating to one's occupational role, or something more cultural or ethnic. People need a firm and uncontested sense of identity in order to be healthy.

There is a huge problem in the US in regards to mental health. People don't want to talk about it or deal with it. And then we have those that insist mental issues are either made up or non existent.

We see it right here on this board. Hell we even have those with mental issues attacking others with mental issues.

While I agree the mental health profession is to quick to label some problems that are not problems mental health issues are REAL. We need to accept that and move on.

Some people do not seek help out of stigma for the problems. Some people do not understand there are remedies because a lot of information is not out there and promulgated.

And then there are those that are sick and do not seek help because they are sick. And where do we draw the line on forcing help?

Forcing help? How do you plan to pay for this forced help?

The Mexicans will pay for it. Duh.

More Americans Blame Mass Shootings on Mental Health Than on Gun Laws, New Poll Finds

The Mexicans will pay for it. Duh.

I'm not sure if you are trying to change the subject, but there is a "Mexican stand-off" of sorts to this whole issue. Mexico itself is veering in the direction of Cuba under the criminal cartels which have acquired too much legitimacy of late. The Mexican government does not wish to allow its own citizens to leave the country, but at the same time wishes to shift the blame for that state of affairs on U.S. policy and the U.S. Border Patrol.

The Mexican government does not wish to allow Spanish-speaking or Hispanic citizens of the U.S.A. to obtain their birth certificates, whether they were born in the U.S. or in Mexico.

Crips and Bloods from L.A., the Sinaloa Cartel, New Generation, etc., etc., have taken over the courthouses, departments of public health, and police stations in all large cities in the U.S. north of the border where Trump intends to build the "wall."

California has the highest incarceration rate in the nation, some of the worst inner-city gang problems with criminals not yet brought to justice, AND some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation. Mental health law in High California is a remnant of the old Spanish law on slaves and indentured servants from the European days of serfdom, bondage, villeinage, peonage, and that entire unhealthy, plague-ridden way of life of medieval Europe.

There is no Cinco de Mayo for the "mentally ill." No Fourth of July. No independence anywhere. We have not yet dumped that ancient baggage from Europe

As strange as it may seem, the Israeli government, mired in numerous corruption scandals of late, seems to have gone over to the white nationalist side on the whole mental-illness/gun-control issue.

AIPAC and Mossad both insist on strict gun control and universal circumcision in the U.S.A. Almost all U.S. WWII veterans are passed away now, but this is not what they fought for. It is a horrific betrayal.

Donald J. Trump's Russian // Jewish ties are so deep and so twisted that they remind one of the so-called Protocols of the Meetings of the Learned Elders of Zion, whose publication was blamed on the Czarist Russian secret police during the Russian Revolution which took place during World War I.

Henry Ford, inventor of the assembly line for manufacturing automobiles, is said to have published this book in America during the Great Depression following the First World War.

Meanwhile Adolf Hitler used this book as justification for sending Jews to concentration camps in Germany.

The book refers to an arguably Jewish elitist "plan" to take over the world, and our concern is that Donald J. Trump is associating with those same elites. It is those elites that refer to "the nations" rather contemptuously with the Hebrew term "goyim" -- but some of the older ones remind us patiently that the Jewish nation itself is one of the "goyim" and thus a "goy" by that same terminology.

We think that the supposed Judaism of these elites is totally fake and put-on, but nonetheless they have accomplished a certain imposition of fleshly circumcision upon the "goyim," which of course is not according to Jewish law. These elites neither believe in God, nor do they count their ancestry from Abraham. Whence, then, is their authority to call themselves Jews and impose circumcision on Gentiles?

Has the Israeli government made its peace with the white nationalists who have once again risen in Germany, and turned its back on Jews who have not "returned" and other minorities who are also persecuted by the white nationalists?

The Russians? It was never comfortable to lie in Joseph Stalin's bed to defeat Germany.

Russia was not "invited" to the Bilderberg Meetings or the Trilateral Commission, and they seem to have been demoted from the G-8 to "BRICS" so that now we have in order G-7, BRICS, GS N-11, etc.; as we had "first world" U.S. allies in the Cold War, "second world" Soviet allies, "third world" neutral countries, and "fourth world" too poor to count. Definitely a New World Order.

Forum List

Back