Mental Health CEO Earns Prison Time For Hiring A Fortune Teller

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
In an odd turn of national news, a Barry County, Michigan Medicaid CEO has just been sentenced to a minimum of 32 months or a maximum of 10 years in prison for using public funds to finance the services of his fortune teller. Ervin Brinker, 69, pleaded guilty in November 2015 to two counts of Medicaid Fraud Conspiracy and one count of Embezzlement by a Public Officer. Brinker redirected the funds into an account earmarked for a “health care consultant.” These funds were then used to pay the psychic and her husband. It is estimated that he paid out over $500K to the woman, made in two payments, in May 2011 and November 2012.
According to Fox 17, Ervin Brinker was CEO of Summit Pointe, a Battle Creek Community Mental Health Authority. Under the terms of his sentencing, he must repay $510,000 to Summit Pointe along with a civil penalty of $510,000 to the state of Michigan. Huffington Post adds that Brinker will be eligible for parole after serving 32 months of his sentence. Ervin Brinker is also required to forfeit his state pension, which at the time of his sentencing held a value of over $2 million dollars.

Read more at Mental Health CEO Earns Prison Time For Hiring A Fortune Teller

There must be something in the water. Oh, no, wait..........there is.

She took him for a ride. I hope they nail her too.

In an odd turn of national news, a Barry County, Michigan Medicaid CEO has just been sentenced to a minimum of 32 months or a maximum of 10 years in prison for using public funds to finance the services of his fortune teller. Ervin Brinker, 69, pleaded guilty in November 2015 to two counts of Medicaid Fraud Conspiracy and one count of Embezzlement by a Public Officer. Brinker redirected the funds into an account earmarked for a “health care consultant.” These funds were then used to pay the psychic and her husband. It is estimated that he paid out over $500K to the woman, made in two payments, in May 2011 and November 2012.
According to Fox 17, Ervin Brinker was CEO of Summit Pointe, a Battle Creek Community Mental Health Authority. Under the terms of his sentencing, he must repay $510,000 to Summit Pointe along with a civil penalty of $510,000 to the state of Michigan. Huffington Post adds that Brinker will be eligible for parole after serving 32 months of his sentence. Ervin Brinker is also required to forfeit his state pension, which at the time of his sentencing held a value of over $2 million dollars.

Something in the water. ha ha. Barry county is on the other side of the state and gets their water from a different source than Flint.

Something in the water. ha ha Barry county is on the other side of the state and gets their water from a different source than Flint.

It sounded great in my head before I blurted it out.

Something in the water. ha ha Barry county is on the other side of the state and gets their water from a different source than Flint.

I understand. Sorry to stomp on your punch line. I'm a Michigander who feels a tad prickly lately.

I understand. Sorry to stomp on your punch line. I'm a Michigander who feels a tad prickly lately.

It's ok. I didn't mean to offend Michiganders. I find both situations sad. Brinker clearly deserves prison time but I dislike psychics that take advantage of people in vulnerable states.

Forum List

Back