Men Who are Down

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
The Lord is faithful to bring across our path those He desires for us to help. Our thoughts about helping those who are down, reveal who we truly are. As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. If you happened to be walking down the street and saw the man in the photograph below, how would you feel and what would you do about it? These are the words of Jesus Christ:

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matt.25:31-46

curb.jpg

n.gif
O man's lot is fully known till he is dead: change of fortune is the lot of life. He who rides in the carriage may yet have to clean it. Sawyers change places, and he who is up aloft may take his turn in the pit. In less than a thousand years, we shall all be bald and poor too, and who knows at he may come to before that? The thought that we may ourselves be one day under the window should make us careful when we are throwing out our dirty water. With what measure we mete, it shall be measured to us again, and therefore let us look well to dealings with the unfortunate.

indent.gif
Nothing makes me more sick of human nature than to see the way in which men treat others when they fall down the ladder of fortune. "Down with him," they cry, "He always was good for nothing."

Down among the dead men,
Down, down, down,
Down among the dead men
There let him lie.

Dog won't eat dog, but men will eat each other up like cannibals and boast of it, too. There are thousands in this world who fly like vultures to feed on a tradesman or a merchant as soon as ever he gets into trouble. Where the carcass is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. Instead of a little help, they give the sinking man a great deal of cruelty and cry, Serves him rights. All the world will beat the man whom fortune buffets.

If providence smites him, all men's whips begin to crack. The dog is drowning, and therefore all his friends empty their buckets over him. The tree has fallen, and everybody runs for his hatchet. The house is on fire, and all the neighbors warm themselves. The man has ill luck, therefore his friends give him ill usage: he has tumbled into the road, and they drive their carts over him; he is down and selfishness cries, "Let him be kept down, then there will be more room for those who are up."
indent.gif

How aggravating it is when those who knocked you down kick you for not standing up. It is not very pleasant to hear that you have been a great fool, and there were fifty ways at least of keeping out of your difficulty, only you had not the sense to see them. You ought not to have lost the game: even Tom Fool can see where you made a bad move. "He ought to have locked the stable doors!—everybody can see that, but nobody offers to buy the loser a new nag.

"What a pity he went so far on the ice!—that's very true, but that won't save the poor fellow from drowning. When a man's coat is threadbare, it is an easy thing to pick a hole in it. Good advice is poor food for a hungry family.

"A man of words and not of deeds—
Is like a garden full of weeds."

John Ploughman's Talk 14

Last edited:
Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.
Ecclesiastes 11:1,2

He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.
Proverbs 19:17

To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble.
Psalm 41:1

btw jeri,to have something more cheerful to talk about,i bet you know WHY this song here is pretty special to me and gives me chiils?:up:

"Homelessness" was not an active word when I was a boy in New York City in the 1940s and '50s. Back then it was called vagrancy and it was prohibited by Law. This man would have been picked up by what was colloquially known as the "bum squad" and removed to Hart Island where he would be physically rehabilitated ("cleaned up"), medically treated, issued appropriate clothing, assigned to one of several shelters or SRO hotels and afforded an opportunity to redeem himself.

Today the streets of New York City are flooded with broken, "homeless" persons. While society has no appropriate place for these vagrants there are co-op apartments in New York City that sell for up to $60million and some which rent for as much as $32,000 per month.

Mike, the body of Christ was called to do this. As Roman Catholicism has infiltrated and sought unity with the true church in order to force them to validate Catholicism as a true religion (it isn't - it is of the occult)..... we see the rapid decline of care for the poor. This is because the true Gospel of Jesus Christ is no longer being preached in most churches of America.

The Protestant Churches throughout history were at the front lines always of caring for the poor. Consider the founder of the Salvation Army. He was a born again believer.

The RCC has choked out the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the churches they have infiltrated with their doctrines of devils and with it you see their open disdain for the poor. The fruit of Rome is rotten to the core.

Throughout the history of Rome - there was blatant disregard for the poor while the Popes, Bishops lived like royalty (and still do). You'd see lavish cathedrals and crowned bishops and popes alongside people dying of hunger. They did this openly in front of all. It's their history.

The feigned piety of Francis is all for show. Francis is in control of Trillions of dollars in the Vatican banks and land ownership throughout the world is massive. They own and control businesses, banks, governments by planting their own people in office, countries, rulers, the wealth is staggering. Francis is the richest man on the face of the earth now. Look at what is really going on here...... The homeless of America have never been in worse condition and this is directly tied to the Jesuit control and infiltration of America's churches and politics. They have systematically shut down food pantries and assistance to homeless shelters.

The KJV Bible preaching churches of America were virtually destroyed from the inside out and as you can see this is the results / the outcome of Roman Catholicism. Blatant evidence that their dead religion is only interested in works that make them appear humble while in all honestly there is no trace or evidence of it. Anything Rome touches eventually becomes utterly corrupted. America is no different which is why our founding fathers warned us about Rome and their Jesuits. The book, Washington in the Lap of Rome, is free online. Read it and you'll see that we were warned to keep these people out of political office. Instead we permitted them to teach our own children - Georgetown University is Jesuit - and many more like it. How terribly sad that we failed to heed our founding father's warnings about Roman ambitions against America. Truly we have suffered the effects in a most devastating way.

Jeremiah, your mother didn't spank you when you were a kid and told her lies, so now you lie constantly and think that no one can touch you.

But God is watching you, Jeremiah, and every time you tell a lie He is paying attention. And all your lies will one day have a terrible price.

But it is not too late to repent. It is never too late.

Forum List

Back