CDZ Men vs. Women Voters: Why the Difference?

Maybe I'm being overly simplistic but women are in general just more sensitive. So they like the soothing tones of Obama and Hillary the doddering grandma over Trump's tough New Yorker demeanor.

WHAT TRIPE!!

Women don't like Trump because he's an asshole. It's not difficult to understand. We all know an asshole when we see one, and Trump's behaviour, the way he treats women, and talks to or about women is so offensive that every time he says "Nobody respects women more than I do", it's impossible to keep a straight face.

His economic policies are the same failed policies of the Bush Administration - cut taxes, which slowed job growth under Reagan and Bush, and created massive deficits, and ultimately crashed the stock market. Those who do not learn from their mistakes, are condemned to repeat them.

Alabama elects its appellate judges in statewide elections. If 25% of the electorate was black and there were no other factors involved then Equality of Opportunity would likely result in Equality of Result being 25% of elected judges were black.

False reasoning. But I understand your preference for a pervasive quota system. I happen to disagree.
Easy to label something as false but can you explain why my reasoning is false?

BTW, I agree with your disagreement. I have no liking for a pervasive quota system, there are much better ways to solve such problems, in this case changing the election from state-wide to local would achieve the desired result: democracy.

And in fact in the South it's the Republicans gerrymandering districts to spread out the black vote and keep them from having representation where it REALLY matters, like state legislatures.

Actually, where possible the Republicans have been gerrymandering all Democrats into one district so they get one representative, while Republicans get two or three. Democrats can't claim they don't have any representation, but Republicans keep their majorities.

So you are in favor of gerrymandering as long as it suits your purposes?
NO! I think gerrymandering is hurting our democracy. Districts that are safe for either party tend toward extremism.

How else can you guarantee "proper" political representation?

Republicans have been losing the popular vote since Bill Clinton was in power. Gerrymandering has been their last ditch effort at holding the House and Senate. Now the Supreme Court has ruled that citizens can petition the state to re-draw district lines in accordance with their geography, not their idealogy, Republicans are now well and truly screwed. This won't happen overnight, or even in time for this election, but in heavily gerrymandered states, liberals are already collecting signatures to force redrawing district lines.

In two years, gerrymandering will be a thing of the past. Republicans can try to fight the process, and they'll lose every battle.

So you are in favor of gerrymandering as long as it suits your purposes?
NO! I think gerrymandering is hurting our democracy. Districts that are safe for either party tend toward extremism.

How else can you guarantee "proper" political representation?

Republicans have been losing the popular vote since Bill Clinton was in power. Gerrymandering has been their last ditch effort at holding the House and Senate. Now the Supreme Court has ruled that citizens can petition the state to re-draw district lines in accordance with their geography, not their idealogy, Republicans are now well and truly screwed. This won't happen overnight, or even in time for this election, but in heavily gerrymandered states, liberals are already collecting signatures to force redrawing district lines.

In two years, gerrymandering will be a thing of the past. Republicans can try to fight the process, and they'll lose every battle.

Not sure that they'll lose every battle, but I definitely think they'll lose the war.

As the pollsters tell us, there is a distinct "gender gap" in voting preferences between men and women. Why is this? A few explanations which have been put forth are:

a. Objectivity vs. Emotion

b. Freedom vs. Security

c. Individual Decision Making vs. Group Consensus

d. Personal Responsibility vs. Victimhood

Which, if any, of these apply? Are there any others you would add to this list?

Sexual predator vs sexual predatee

As the pollsters tell us, there is a distinct "gender gap" in voting preferences between men and women. Why is this? A few explanations which have been put forth are:

a. Objectivity vs. Emotion

b. Freedom vs. Security

c. Individual Decision Making vs. Group Consensus

d. Personal Responsibility vs. Victimhood

Which, if any, of these apply? Are there any others you would add to this list?

Sexual predator vs sexual predatee

Yeah, that about sums it up. For a bit of a lengthier explanation...
Donald Trump’s narcissistic personality disorder has been so thoroughly documented that we need not repeat the discussion again except to note that it means that he takes every slight, every critique, every abandonment as a personal, existential threat that demands he strike back in the most unhinged venomous terms. Which is what he has done every time in what psychoanalysts call “narcissistic rage.”

But in the wake of the “Access Hollywood” tapes in which he boasts of forcibly kissing women and grabbing them by the “pussy,” and the clutch of women who have since come forward with personal tales of sexually predatory behavior by Dirty Donald, it now is clear that Trump has a dual diagnosis:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Paraphilic Disorder.

The latter applies where people “have a sexual desire or behavior that involves another person’s psychological distress, injury, or death, or a desire for sexual behaviors involving unwilling persons or persons unable to give legal consent.”

Or as Dr. P.J. Hackenflack, Calbuzz’s esteemed psychiatric consultant, put it: “Donald Trump not only displays all the behaviors of an extreme narcissist, but he is also a sexual predator who has imposed himself on unwilling women. Hence, we must conclude a dual diagnosis: Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Paraphilic Disorder.”

Source: Why Trump Can't Win: Educated Women Hate Him

Forum List

Back