Men - Take Note

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
May 17, 6:21 PM EDT

Court Rules Woman Not Liable in Sex Suit

By MICHAEL KUNZELMAN
Associated Press Writer

BOSTON (AP) -- A woman isn't legally responsible for injuries her boyfriend suffered while they were having consensual sex more than a decade ago, a state appeals court ruled Monday.

The man, identified only as John Doe in court papers, filed suit against the woman in 1997, claiming she was negligent when she suddenly changed positions, landed awkwardly on him and fractured his penis.

The man underwent emergency surgery in September 1994, "endured a painful and lengthy recovery" and has suffered from sexual dysfunction that hasn't responded to medication or counseling, the appeals court said.

Although the woman may have exposed her boyfriend to "some risk of harm," the three-judge panel said her conduct during the sexual encounter wasn't "wanton or reckless" and can't support a lawsuit.

The man's lawsuit already has been thrown out by judges in Salem District Court and Essex Superior Court.

The appeals court upheld those rulings while noting that its ruling doesn't apply to cases where someone has negligently infected a partner with a sexually transmitted disease.

"There are no comprehensive legal rules to regulate consensual sexual behavior," Justice Joseph Trainor wrote. "In the absence of a consensus of community values or customs defining normal consensual conduct, a jury or judge cannot be expected to resolve a claim that certain consensual sexual conduct is undertaken without reasonable care."

The man's attorney, John Greenwood, said he is likely to appeal Monday's ruling to the state's highest court.

"It's a case that hasn't been seen before in Massachusetts," he said.

Greenwood argued that consensual sex doesn't mean "anything goes. ... The fact that some behavior was agreed to by the parties doesn't mean all behavior was agreed to by the parties."

The woman's attorney didn't immediately return a telephone call Monday.

-------

"....when she suddenly changed positions, landed awkwardly on him and fractured his penis."

So what happened? She fell off the trapeze?

He must still be afraid he will get his Pee-Pee busted again....

Silly man, freaky sex has its disadvantages!

Hrm...Marv Albert was sued because he bit a woman's arse...She claimed consent to sex, but not to biting. This dude claimed concent to sex, but not to penis-breaking..

When the guy gets hurt - its fine. When a woman gets her ass-bit, ppl start handing down judgements.

(sigh).

OOOWWWW!

I have it on good authority that John Doe's given name is "Bennet" (I'll not mention the poor man's surname in the interest of decency and accuracy; Newsweek - take note!). According to hospital reports, the woman (Jane Ho') was calling out his name in the throes of passion, when he screamed, in agony, "Bennet, hell - you BROKE it!"

musicman said:
OOOWWWW!

I have it on good authority that John Doe's given name is "Bennet" (I'll not mention the poor man's surname in the interest of decency and accuracy; Newsweek - take note!). According to hospital reports, the woman (Jane Ho') was calling out his name in the throes of passion, when he screamed, in agony, "Bennet, hell - you BROKE it!"

Damn quit doing that!!! There went the tea all over the monitor!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Trinity said:
Damn quit doing that!!! There went the tea all over the monitor!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LOL - sorry about that!

Poor guy gives a whole new meaning to the term, "flat broke", doesn't he?

Trinity said:
:teeth: That's funny that's the same thing me and dad both said today!

What is there to fracture? There is no "bone" in the usual sense.heehee :dance:

krisy said:
What is there to fracture? There is no "bone" in the usual sense.heehee :dance:

Wanna bet?

BrokenDick.jpg

I would have been just fine had I not seen that picture.

I'm going to crawl away from my desk now and lay on the floor in a fetal position.

Forum List

Back