Men of a Certain Age

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
New TBS series with Ray Romano in a semi-serious role. It's kinda funny, very true (midlife crises are worse for men), but the endings of each episode is very VERY serious.

I think they might have a hit.

Well look at who they got to play the lead roles. Of course it's going to be a hit. It's the guy version of Sex in the City.

I watched it last night, or tried to.

Boring, trite and cliched is my opinion.

Sorry.

I have only seen the first episode, the second is currently stored on my DVR.

I enjoyed the first episode, but then I imagine I fall squarely into the demo they are aiming for. At 45, I was absolutely able to identify with the characters, particularly Andre Brauer's "Owen."

Having never seen, thankfully I would guess, an episode of Sex in the City, I can draw no comparison. I am not yet ready to commit to this show, it will take more that two or three episodes before that happens.

I caught it last night and enjoyed it. Scott Bakula is in it? :thup: I'll watch a few more eppies just to see him . . . if I like it I'll try to stay awake to watch. lol

I caught it last night and enjoyed it. Scott Bakula is in it? :thup: I'll watch a few more eppies just to see him . . . if I like it I'll try to stay awake to watch. lol

Bakula and Brauer are what drew me to the show initially. I've enjoyed their work for sometime. I can take or leave Ramano, doesn't matter.

I always thought Scott Bakula's parents had a sense of humor naming him cause it sounds like Count Dracula. :lol:

Last edited:
Ray Romano is like "Friends" for me, I never found him funny and tried to forgot any episode I accidentally watched

New TBS series with Ray Romano in a semi-serious role. It's kinda funny, very true (midlife crises are worse for men), but the endings of each episode is very VERY serious.

Okay, just a note, I've been going through the change for almost 5 years now, due to meds for cancer, I won't know if I've actually completed the change until I get off the meds and because of the meds, I can't take what women are usually prescribed for the symptoms of the change. Trust me....it's not worse for men. Can they defrost the freezer just by stepping into it? lol

I watched it last night, or tried to.

Boring, trite and cliched is my opinion.

Sorry.

Hmmm, it might turn out that way. I guess what I liked is that although it falls into that trap, it does look like eventually it will deal with some serious problems. Like Ray Romano's character has a serious gambling addiction which is why he and his wife have split. That's just now coming to light.

I think what I like about the new comedies is they don't include that goddamned laugh track. I seriously can't even watch old Seinfeld reruns for that reason. So I try to give new ones a few episodes to see what other improvements they do.

I have only seen the first episode, the second is currently stored on my DVR.

I enjoyed the first episode, but then I imagine I fall squarely into the demo they are aiming for. At 45, I was absolutely able to identify with the characters, particularly Andre Brauer's "Owen."

Having never seen, thankfully I would guess, an episode of Sex in the City, I can draw no comparison. I am not yet ready to commit to this show, it will take more that two or three episodes before that happens.

I agree. It's a trial run. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out which ones will make it, so we'll see! But then I thought Sons of Anarchy sucked and stopped watching it the first year; then it got popular, so I gave it another shot this year. By the time the last episode had aired, I had finally figured out who was who. It was exhausting, though. :eusa_think:

Okay, just a note, I've been going through the change for almost 5 years now, due to meds for cancer, I won't know if I've actually completed the change until I get off the meds and because of the meds, I can't take what women are usually prescribed for the symptoms of the change. Trust me....it's not worse for men. Can they defrost the freezer just by stepping into it? lol

What freezer? Defrost? Huh? :lol:

It's okay, I kinda like the hot flashes in the winter time, I just wait for one and then I get out of bed in the morning and I'm not cold......in the summer time though, I feel like there are flames coming out of my head.....

It's okay, I kinda like the hot flashes in the winter time, I just wait for one and then I get out of bed in the morning and I'm not cold......in the summer time though, I feel like there are flames coming out of my head.....

Actually, that was my lame attempt at laughing at husbands, many of whom wouldn't even know when freezers needed defrosting even if they couldn't close the freezer door. (I don't miss that chore, but at least the freezer got cleaned once or twice a year!)

Sorry about your health issues. I hope things improve soon. God speed.

Forum List

Back