Men have no rights when it comes to womens health concerning

abortions. No rights even if the male is married to the female and wants a baby. A women should make it known to men that she is not ready or doesn't' want kids before marriage and a women has a choice to change her mind anytime she wants.

How selfish.

Parents share children.

Once the fetus is born its called an infant and hopefully both the father and mother want the child.

The problem with your reasoning is that your assessment of 'Universal' has to pass through you. You are the genesis of this moral system. That you appeal to an authority (The Divine) and attribute the implantation of that code to your authority doesn't factually establish anything you believe...

I’ll give you the Readers Digest of how I came to this belief -

I grew up in a very strict conservative Christian home, from a pair of devout families. In 2001, I lost my father, the most truly good and devout person I’d ever known, just as he was about to being able to live life for himself. Lost to Cancer he probably got in Vietnam. ON HUS 54th BIRTHDAY.

This drove me away from the church and into a spiritual search that took almost theee years and pretty much every religion and philosophy you could imagine. Among those things was the book “When bad things happen to good people”.

That book opened my eyes to something... an Omnipotent God cannot also be a Good/Just one if one believes a Man can be good or Just. Then I looked back into history and mythology and realized our ancestors realized that thousands of years ago.

The more I looked the more things made sense. This life is a test of the Soul. A test to see if we will take the easy road or the hard one. With the fate of our Soul hanging in the balance and happiness/pleasure being the enemy.

The problem with your reasoning is that your assessment of 'Universal' has to pass through you. You are the genesis of this moral system. That you appeal to an authority (The Divine) and attribute the implantation of that code to your authority doesn't factually establish anything you believe...

I grew up in a very strict conservative Christian home, from a pair of devout families. In 2001, I lost my father, the most truly good and devout person I’d ever known, just as he was about to being able to live life for himself. Lost to Cancer he probably got in Vietnam. ON HUS 54th BIRTHDAY.

This drove me away from the church and into a spiritual search that took almost theee years and pretty much every religion and philosophy you could imagine. Among those things was the book “When bad things happen to good people”.

See, the reason I'm not dismissing your views as just useless idiocy as some here are is that I get a sense that you're a true believer. That you genuinely have this moral code. You're not trolling, you're expressing what you actually think.

I'm trying to show you that the standards you've applied (history for example) and the basis of humanity that you've applied (strength) change over time. And change with technology. And change in a way that justify by your own moral code, the humanity and freedom of women.

And for you as well. As I believe that even by your own standards, technology can merit the strength that your assessment of humanity is based upon. For you, in your older life. And for women at any time.

Then you lose your value as a human being every time you get sick? Your value as a human being diminishes as you age? Or will you use technology like say, a knife or a gun to increase your capacity to defend yourself.....and in turn, increase your value as a human being?

QUOTE="Skylar, post: 20785221, member: 49869"]And, if technology can increase your value as a human being, why couldn't it also elevate women in the exact same way?... '.

Yes, any time your ability to add to Society is reduced you lose value. Any time you require more than average resources, it’s the same. Using appropriate technology is one thing. That’s why women shouldn’t be using guns or voting machines - voting and defense aren’t wonens okacecin Society.

abortions. No rights even if the male is married to the female and wants a baby. A women should make it known to men that she is not ready or doesn't' want kids before marriage and a women has a choice to change her mind anytime she wants.

How selfish.

Parents share children.
Nonsense.

It’s not ‘selfish’ at all.

Parents share children, not an embryo/fetus.

Then you lose your value as a human being every time you get sick? Your value as a human being diminishes as you age? Or will you use technology like say, a knife or a gun to increase your capacity to defend yourself.....and in turn, increase your value as a human being?

QUOTE="Skylar, post: 20785221, member: 49869"]And, if technology can increase your value as a human being, why couldn't it also elevate women in the exact same way?... '.

Yes, any time your ability to add to Society is reduced you lose value.

If ability is the benchmark of value...an mechanization amplifies ability, then by your own logic mechanization would amplify value.

If a man is dragging a plow alone, then his own strength and stamina defines his ability to plow a field. And there would likely be a significant difference between his ability and say, a females....in this specific task. But if he's using an animal like an ox or a horse, these differences diminish dramatically. And if he's using a tractor, they essentially vanish all together.

As in terms of ability, a woman on a tractor will dust a man dragging a plow anyday. And by your standards, a woman on a tractor would have more value than a man dragging a plow.

And technology does this across so many fields.

Any time you require more than average resources, it’s the same. Using appropriate technology is one thing. That’s why women shouldn’t be using guns or voting machines - voting and defense aren’t wonens okacecin Society.

Your argument is self contradictory. As you have used ability for your basis of role. But then ignored how technology can amplify ability.....for no particular reason. And insisted that the roles must remain the same, 'because'.

If technology can amplify a man's ability, it can amplify a woman's. And if ability equates to value, then mechanization can increase a woman's value as well. And if ability is the basis of roles and mechanization largely equalizes ability, then roles too should be equalized.

And have. What we've seen is exactly what you've described in terms of ability and value. Women's value in society has increased as mechanization has reduced the value of any physical advantage men have in terms of strength and stamina. As men and women can exert the same ability using mechanization.

With a man on a tractor and a woman on a tractor doing the same work. Having the same ability. And thus, the same value.

And this applies to you too, A. You're likely in your mid 70s or 80s, given your dad's age when he died.

You're not less of a human due to your diminished ability, even by your own standard. As you can use technology to amplify your abilities. A 20 year old buck vs you and a shot gun will not be an even fight. You'll almost certainly win. Thus, by your own standards technology allows you to retain your humanity.

My argument from there is simple: It does the exact same thing for women. It amplifies their ability just as it amplifies yours. And consequently, amplifies their value.

With their role defined by their ability. And their ability now defined by mechanization.

Yes, any time your ability to add to Society is reduced you lose value. Any time you require more than average resources, it’s the same. Using appropriate technology is one thing. That’s why women shouldn’t be using guns or voting machines - voting and defense aren’t wonens okacecin Society.
Fortunately we have the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments to safeguard the rights of women from such misogynistic dross.

I'm trying to show you that the standards you've applied (history for example) and the basis of humanity that you've applied (strength) change over time. And change with technology. And change in a way that justify by your own moral code, the humanity and freedom of women.

And for you as well. As I believe that even by your own standards, technology can merit the strength that your assessment of humanity is based upon. For you, in your older life. And for women at any time.

History doesn’t change. Human nature shouldn’t change. More importantly this is about what we should be doing more than what we can do. If you really require the technology to give you value, you should accept the reality and move on.

With a man on a tractor and a woman on a tractor doing the same work. Having the same ability. And thus, the same value.

It’s not her place to bectilling the field by hand, byboxen ir by tractor. If the tractor causes him to have too much free time it needs to be removed; just like the washing machine and vacuum cleaner for her.

So there's never, ever been a matriarchal society?

Relatively few, and not generalky the upper echelon of societies over time. There are a few exceptions, as with any data set but not many.

Yes, there are a few exceptions. But that doesn't mean it's some kind of natural thing. It just means it happens quite a lot. And most male dominated societies are majorly fucked up, because men can't handle the power.

Slavery happened a lot. And was abolished only a couple of hundred years ago. If patterns in history establish morality, than slavery would be moral.. Even time lines of the decline of slavery and the decline of absolute male domination are historically analogous (give or take half a century).

So using A's logic.....slavery would also have to be moral. Along with religious wars of conquest and some fairly belligerent forms of racism. As those also have long historical pedigrees.

Oh, he probably does think slavery is moral.

That book opened my eyes to something... an Omnipotent God cannot also be a Good/Just one if one believes a Man can be good or Just. Then I looked back into history and mythology and realized our ancestors realized that thousands of years ago.

The more I looked the more things made sense. This life is a test of the Soul. A test to see if we will take the easy road or the hard one. With the fate of our Soul hanging in the balance and happiness/pleasure being the enemy.

Life isn't fair Anathema, you can say it's a test, or a facade

either way it will never be some merticrocy

i've got almost 20 yrs on you, spent 30 of it in the back of an ambulance either cursing or beggin God , crying tears for people who's names i did not even know

what did i learn?

live is short

too short for hate, and all those emotions that live in yer head & don't pay rent

~S~

i've got almost 20 yrs on you, spent 30 of it in the back of an ambulance either cursing or beggin God , crying tears for people who's names i did not even know

what did i learn? live is short

too short for hate, and all those emotions that live in yer head & don't pay rent

I’m well aware life isn’t fair and was never intended to be. I learned that, and got a good look at the darkness in people’s hearts early in life due to my birth defect.

Life may be short but sometimes it seems like you’re waiting forever for it to just be over because there is no more point to it.

I believe that life is about Right and Wrong. Nothing more. All we can hope o do is live life well enough to get another shot at it until we’ve learned enough to get it right one of these times.

Men only have rights when it comes to the woman being pregnant

He is 50% the rights ...he will feed and dress the baby

He is the father!

GOD Bless the father!

Fair enough...if the woman has 100% of the say, should she not bear 100% of the responsibility?

Men should be responsible for the children if they are married to their mother. If they are not married, then, no.

Fair enough...if the woman has 100% of the say, should she not bear 100% of the responsibility?

Men should be responsible for the children if they are married to their mother. If they are not married, then, no.

Men must pay child support.

1. You have the right to keep in in yer pants

2. Anytime it appears it may be used against you in a court of law.

3. You have the right to change diapers

4. If you cannot afford diapers, the courts will see to it that you do

History doesn’t change. Human nature shouldn’t change. More importantly this is about what we should be doing more than what we can do. If you really require the technology to give you value, you should accept the reality and move on.
Says the dude who depends-entirely-on modern medical care for survival. Just BATHE in the hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back