CDZ Men and Women (Differences)

At a biological level there are numerous differences between men and women.

In no way does that mean all women do 'X,' or all men think 'Y.'

That's funny because my husband always says "you're not a normal woman" you don't like to shop, cook, you're not good with kids etc. etc. Always makes me feel like I have no "place" - so, I wonder if that is genetic or upbringing?

That's funny because my husband always says "you're not a normal woman" you don't like to shop, cook, you're not good with kids etc. etc. Always makes me feel like I have no "place" - so, I wonder if that is genetic or upbringing?

And this makes you feel bad, as if you are "less" of a woman or something?

could be either, could be both, or any combination of the two.

Or like I need to "change" - I'm like if you don't like it, why did you marry me??? Men complain about women trying to change them, it's not like it doesn't happen the other way around. I'm proof!

Or like I need to "change" - I'm like if you don't like it, why did you marry me??? Men complain about women trying to change them, it's not like it doesn't happen the other way around. I'm proof!

I think you are exactly right. He should have married you for the person that you are. You shouldn't feel badly at all. Every one of us is an individual and we all have our strengths and weaknesses. I think it's a good thing that you recognize that instead of trying to be something that you aren't. I can't tell you how many women I've seen pretend to be little Ms. Happy Homemaker when, in actuality, it makes them absolutely miserable! You don't need to change. He needs to learn to accept you as you are, IMO.

Speaking of marriage and changes there is this old saying...

women-marry-men-hoping-they-will-change.jpg

Men and women are different. Anyone who says otherwise is lying or seriously delusional.

Yes, there are differences but we are much more alike than we are different.

Its like other surface differences - Black and white, right and left, christian and atheist - We're all human beings and, IMO, would be a lot happier and a LOT better off if that's what we considered first.

But it's important to understand differences, so we can relate better......
Often times, you have differences and you just think the other person is WRONG.
Or they have issues and you just think they are an idiot, weak etc.
The more we know about each other and our differences, the better we will get along.............

The more we know about each other and our differences, the better we will get along.............
The problem is I see a lot of emphasis on the guys understanding women and all their complexities. I don't think even women fully understand women and guys just sort of learn what to do or not do. And I never see any mention of women learning to understand men. It just isn't there. If a guy is different he's clearly wrong. It's why so many boys are turning into effeminates.

The problem is I see a lot of emphasis on the guys understanding women and all their complexities. I don't think even women fully understand women and guys just sort of learn what to do or not do. And I never see any mention of women learning to understand men. It just isn't there. If a guy is different he's clearly wrong. It's why so many boys are turning into effeminates.

I hate generalizations. When I heard stuff about how men think simplistically and women are complicated, I cringe. My husband is much more complex than I am - he talks more than I do, likes to emote more than I do, and he's very much a "mans man" .... I agree, in short.

Women should understand how men think, and, that not all are the same.

Most women either think there is a "Prince Charming/Perfect Love" for them out there or that "All Men Are Pigs" where the truth lies somewhere in the middle... (I think...?) :)

Forum List

Back