Men and Motorcycles

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
I pulled up to my local Chinese food joint last week, to pick myself up a little dinner. As I approached the door I could see that a tall gentleman was standing just inside. He opened the door for me ... a nice looking guy ... I thanked him and he went on his merry way. I stood at the counter for about a minute before someone came to help me. Another minute or two for my transaction, put my wallet back in my bag, sunglasses on, I grabbed the bag of food and my keys. As I opened the door and walked out into the sunlight, the guy who opened the door for me was sitting there on his Harley looking at me. A second later he turned and started riding away. It was one of those .... moments ... one that reminds me how much I love being a woman. I couldn't help but wish to jump on and go for a good long ride on his hog! ( motorcycle reference )

Anyway, I driving home this afternoon and I see in my driver's side mirror, a man on a Harley coming up on me in the high-speed lane. What got my attention was the fact that he wasn't wearing a shirt. Just a pair of jeans and some work boots. At first I thought .... mmmmm ... then I thought, how stupid can one be? Does he not realize that he can kiss all his beautiful suntanned skin good-bye if his body hits the pavement?

He pulled in front of me and I was okay with that. It gave me something to look at. Not too long after, he comes upon a friend in a construction type truck in the lane to the right. Oh he says hi and the driver of the truck says hi. They're going back and forth, driving about 20 mph. I was patient up until the point where all the traffic in front of them had moved way up ahead. Traffic on both my sides, I couldn't go anywhere. The opportunity came for me to step on the gas and pass them on the left. As I did, I look in my rearview mirror and the guy on the motorcycle gives me the finger! I watched as they continued to drive and chat while traffic piled up behind them.

Seriously, what a self-absorbed ignorant prick!

But the guy at the Chinese place ..... yeah.

Slightly off topic, but I know of a situation where a man was waiting to exit a parking lot. He was in a car with three pre-teen boys. He was behind two bikers who were stopped at the exit, side by side, talking, oblivious to the traffic.

The man waited paiently until it was clear the bikers were not paying attention to either him or the traffic. When an opening came, he slowly drove around the bikers, keeping a safe distance, and exited.

Before he got very far down the road, one of the bikers pulled up beside him, banging on his car, shouting obscenities, scaring the kids and demanding to fight with the driver.

The biker, in so doing, lost control of the bike, fell and injured himself. A few months later, he filed an injury claim with the driver's insurer. (The claim was denied. The biker sued. He got nothing.)

But then most bikers are cool, of course. I know a few.

More to your original point, though, women on bicycles can be fun to drive behind, too.

Slightly off topic, but I know of a situation where a man was waiting to exit a parking lot. He was in a car with three pre-teen boys. He was behind two bikers who were stopped at the exit, side by side, talking, oblivious to the traffic.

The man waited paiently until it was clear the bikers were not paying attention to either him or the traffic. When an opening came, he slowly drove around the bikers, keeping a safe distance, and exited.

Before he got very far down the road, one of the bikers pulled up beside him, banging on his car, shouting obscenities, scaring the kids and demanding to fight with the driver.

The biker, in so doing, lost control of the bike, fell and injured himself. A few months later, he filed an injury claim with the driver's insurer. (The claim was denied. The biker sued. He got nothing.)

But then most bikers are cool, of course. I know a few.

More to your original point, though, women on bicycles can be fun to drive behind, too.
I have to agree with you LuckyDan. I think most bikers are cool as well. Like drivers, there are some who think of themselves as entitled. They can do anything they want on any roadway and everyone around them just has to deal with it. But sometimes like your story above ... karma comes back to bite you in the ass!

By the by ... your post wasn't off-topic.

:)

Then there's the proverbial biker chicks.

BikerChicks_0.jpg

Forum List

Back