Men and Alimony

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Does this mean Kevin Federline was not a louse/gold digger after all? :)

Learning to Love Alimony
By Tom Purcell, Pittsburgh Tribune
April 6, 2008

Hey, ladies, turnabout is fair play.

I refer to the Wall Street Journal report on a fascinating trend: As more women excel in the workplace, more ex-husbands are winning juicy divorce settlements.

As it goes, the Supreme Court ruled, 30 years ago, against gender discrimination in divorce settlements. A man, if he earns less than his wife, can demand alimony, too.

Back then, however, men were much more likely to pay alimony than receive it -- no man worth his salt would accept dough from a lady. But times have changed. There's no longer a stigma for a man to receive support from his ex-wife.

for full article:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/purcell/s_560867.html

KFed ended up being the "relatively sane and stable one" because he didn't have to contend with the papparizzi (?) every minute of the day (how sane do you think you could remain if you had to contend with that every minute of every day?), and he was able to provide a stable environment for his kids because he was getting a monthly allowance (alimony) from Britney. If he would have had to go out and get a decent job after the divorce, how "stable" do you think he would have been? He could afford his lifestyle because Britney's money made it possible.

KFed ended up being the "relatively sane and stable one" because he didn't have to contend with the papparizzi (?) every minute of the day (how sane do you think you could remain if you had to contend with that every minute of every day?)

I can't believe I'm about to get into a discussion about Britney Spears, but here goes...

Britney has been a celeb now for what, 10 years? Are we supposed to have sympathy for her NOW, because all this negative papparazzi attention may be affecting her "sanity"? She didn't mind it back when she was still perceived as normal, and she was the poster girl for female sex symbols.

Now that she's having a bad time in her life, which should be expected as she is human, she gets a free pass due to all the attention she gets?

She opened up her life for everyone by BECOMING a celebrity. Everyone in the world knowing your business comes with the terroritory. No extra amount of sympathy is deserved just because NOW all the sudden she's in the negative limelight.

I think her main problem is that she's probably ingested so many drugs, illegal, and no doubt prescription, that she's started to lose her mind.

Maybe she should have just said no, when the first opportunity arose to bask in the ever so covetted position of partying to near death with the rest of the celebs, considering she was originally a wholesome teenage idol to most young girls, which she herself seemed to enjoy for the longest time.

She gets no sympathy from me.

Does this mean Kevin Federline was not a louse/gold digger after all? :)

Learning to Love Alimony
By Tom Purcell, Pittsburgh Tribune
April 6, 2008

Hey, ladies, turnabout is fair play.

I refer to the Wall Street Journal report on a fascinating trend: As more women excel in the workplace, more ex-husbands are winning juicy divorce settlements.

As it goes, the Supreme Court ruled, 30 years ago, against gender discrimination in divorce settlements. A man, if he earns less than his wife, can demand alimony, too.

Back then, however, men were much more likely to pay alimony than receive it -- no man worth his salt would accept dough from a lady. But times have changed. There's no longer a stigma for a man to receive support from his ex-wife.

for full article:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/purcell/s_560867.html
Tit for Tat.

turnabout IS fairplay.

Welcome to equality, ladies.

:cool:

Why should any able body person get alimony? I dont care if you are male or female. Once the property has been divided up that is it. No future payments to anyone.

I mean how is that really a divorce if one has to make payments to the other? Has that tie been really been severed?

Please! You feel sorry for her because papparazzi follow her around? She practically sends them engraved invitations to her trips to the gas station! I wonder how it is that so many other much more famous celebrities are able to avoid it? Maybe because they don't do stupid shit out in public, they don't go to so many public places, they vacation in lesser known areas, that kind of thing.
If it bothers her so much, why doesn't she do something like go buy a house in Africa next to Angelina Jolie?

Forum List

Back