Men Allowed to Slap Spendthrift Wives, Saudi Court Finds

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Saudi judge: It's OK to slap spendthrift wives - CNN.com

Husbands are allowed to slap their wives if they spend lavishly, a Saudi judge said recently during a seminar on domestic violence, Saudi media reported Sunday.

Arab News, a Saudi English-language daily newspaper based in Riyadh, reported that Judge Hamad Al-Razine said that "if a person gives SR 1,200 [$320] to his wife and she spends 900 riyals [$240] to purchase an abaya [the black cover that women in Saudi Arabia must wear] from a brand shop and if her husband slaps her on the face as a reaction to her action, she deserves that punishment."

Such a modern, enlightened society.

Husbands are allowed to slap their wives if they spend lavishly, a Saudi judge said recently during a seminar on domestic violence, Saudi media reported Sunday.

Arab News, a Saudi English-language daily newspaper based in Riyadh, reported that Judge Hamad Al-Razine said that "if a person gives SR 1,200 [$320] to his wife and she spends 900 riyals [$240] to purchase an abaya [the black cover that women in Saudi Arabia must wear] from a brand shop and if her husband slaps her on the face as a reaction to her action, she deserves that punishment."

You missed the word "religious" out from inbetween enlightened and society:eusa_angel:

hitting a woman is wrong
he should throw the bitch out! ahahahahahahahaha

LMFAO. I'm 5'3". The last man that slapped me was 6'3", and had trouble getting out of bed for a week. Once he managed to get out of bed, walking was still a major bitch.

One does not hit women. :smoke:

im not justifying a man slapping a woman. because i think men who slap women are not even men they are little boys. but having been to saudi arabia before. saudi women do spend an excessive amount of their husband's money. its kind of an epidemic. many of them go shopping at designer stores literally everyday.

im not justifying a man slapping a woman. because i think men who slap women are not even men they are little boys. but having been to saudi arabia before. saudi women do spend an excessive amount of their husband's money. its kind of an epidemic. many of them go shopping at designer stores literally everyday.

Think of it this way, what else can they do?

Response to the ill effects of domestic Islamic theocracy is not forthcoming from true leftists (despite their progressivism), because they fear that such could serve as rhetoric to justify the even more authoritarian imposition of imperialism.

Think of it this way, what else can they do?

how about going to college an getting an education (there are tons of women's universities in saudi arabia and its free for saudi citizens) or getting involved in the community. despite what most westerns think there are things for women to do in saudi. i was actually shocked that they do have opportunity but many of them don't take advantage of them.

just how much does a burka cost?

saudi women don't wear burkha they wear abaya which are different than burkha. and abayas can be pricey in the gulf. some women pay up $2000 for an abaya if its designer. there are some you can buy cheaper but if you want to show everyone you are stylish you but the most expensive one you can find.

More evidence that muslims suck.

If you were to read something like this below, would you also say, More evidence that Jews suck" ?

"There are also rules of family purity orthodox Jewish women must follow. They cannot have contact with their husbands while they are menstruating, or for seven days after menstruation has stopped. This is something that is strictly believed, as the women are not clean while they are menstruating.
Women are also not allowed to have a voice in the orthodox rabbinical court. This has led to some problems in the court systems, as women are sometimes left without a voice when they need one."
The Role of Orthodox Jewish Women - Judaism - Adherents.com

In Afghanistan, women always walked behind the man. Now they walk in front. I asked a guy why this was so. He said, "mines".

Forum List

Back