Memphis board: No school until city forks over funds

What a whiner. sniffle..............:eusa_boohoo:
Tell us about it Union Monger. NO sniffles here. Cold HARD fact that you choose to ignore and then attempt to obfuscate...

Ain't happening loser.

Why don't you take off from work moron, and go fill in for a teacher if you are so fucking concerned.
Was married to one shit for brains. SHE was a Union Monger like you.

Tell us about it Union Monger. NO sniffles here. Cold HARD fact that you choose to ignore and then attempt to obfuscate...

Ain't happening loser.

Why don't you take off from work moron, and go fill in for a teacher if you are so fucking concerned.

If you could see thru that alcoholic haze, you would have noticed that it is the School Board threatening a shut down....School board. S c h o o l B o a r d......management. The people ELECTED by the citizens to run the school district. Non-professionals. Not union people....the union's adversaries.

Now, have another drinkee.

Last edited:

Ain't happening loser.

You suck asses sure got suction moron.

Long distance information, give me Memphis Tennessee

Help me find the party trying to warm and fuzzy me

They could not pass a number, but I know who placed the bill

'Cause my uncle wrote the message and he took it to the hill

Help me, information, gotta wedge issue you see

They're the only ones who'd legislate one in Memphis Tennessee

They're kids all go to private shcools, high up on a ridge

and the rest can take a swan dive off that Mississippi Bridge

In total, the city now owes $151 million to the school district, including $78 million for the upcoming school year, and the board wants assurances it will get the latter amount before beginning classes, Jones said.

Mayor A. C. Wharton has said the money has been set aside but cannot legally be deposited into the school board’s accounts until the City Council approves the district’s budget. An emergency meeting of the council’s Education Committee was scheduled for Tuesday to begin that process.

Looks like a procedural squabble.

The money is there but the Mayor cannot disburse it until the budget is approved.

The ED Committee quite rightly cannot undertake its mission unless it knows it has the money in ITS budget.

If there's a villian here (and I am not sure there is) it's the City Council for NOT passing the budget in a timely fashion..

Republicans don't care about education. To them, it's no big deal.
But, Democrats have much higher dropout rates.

But as a group, the 90% of Republicans who are white have the MOST dropouts. The most people on unemployment. The most people on welfare. The most people on Medicare. The most people who are disabled. The most people receiving food stamps. As a percentage, they may have less, but in sheer numbers, they have the most.

What do right wingers want to do with the poor? Kill them? Starve them? What is their "final" solution"?

Be careful. On quick injury and you may end up as part of that "final solution".

Last edited by a moderator:
Republicans don't care about education. To them, it's no big deal.

But as a group, the 90% of Republicans who are white have the MOST dropouts. The most people on unemployment. The most people on welfare. The most people on Medicare. The most people who are disabled. The most people receiving food stamps. As a percentage, they may have less, but in sheer numbers, they have the most.

What do right wingers want to do with the poor? Kill them? Starve them? What is their "final" solution"?

Be careful. On quick injury and you may end up as part of that "final solution".

Dropouts are Republicans now? I didn't think you could vote until you were 18, but now you are saying that the majority of dropouts are Republicans? I think i'm reading that wrong can you explain it in more detail? Can you link to a source?

Then you said that more people in unemployment are Republicans? Do they ask for political affiliation on UI applications? Link to source for this as well?

Republicans have the most disabled too? Interesting. The most on welfare? The most on food stamps. So, in essence, what you are saying is that for those that are disenfranchised; disabled, poor, and dropouts are now Republicans?

In effect all of those people vote republican then. But you say that republicans want to kill those people? Their voters? Republicans want to kill other republican voters?

And you, as a liberal hate all republicans. Even the dropouts and disabled? even the poor who cannot graduate from high school? You hate all of those people?

Dropouts are Republicans now? I didn't think you could vote until you were 18, but now you are saying that the majority of dropouts are Republicans? I think i'm reading that wrong can you explain it in more detail? Can you link to a source?

Then you said that more people in unemployment are Republicans? Do they ask for political affiliation on UI applications? Link to source for this as well?

Republicans have the most disabled too? Interesting. The most on welfare? The most on food stamps. So, in essence, what you are saying is that for those that are disenfranchised; disabled, poor, and dropouts are now Republicans?

In effect all of those people vote republican then. But you say that republicans want to kill those people? Their voters? Republicans want to kill other republican voters?

And you, as a liberal hate all republicans. Even the dropouts and disabled? even the poor who cannot graduate from high school? You hate all of those people?

I would say dropouts are Republicans just as easily as saying dropouts are Democrats. And if I'm not mistaken, someone here posted about Democrat dropouts BEFORE the post you responded to...maybe you missed that one? :eusa_eh:

I would say dropouts are Republicans just as easily as saying dropouts are Democrats. And if I'm not mistaken, someone here posted about Democrat dropouts BEFORE the post you responded to...maybe you missed that one? :eusa_eh:

How can we classify high school dropouts as either Dem or Rep? I'm not saying they are either or...its absolutely stupid to do so, which is why i'm questioning Deans logic. In Dean's post he ignores large percentages of populations in favor of bigger numbers. Are you in favor of this approach? Larger numbers over larger actual percentages?

Last edited:
How can we classify high school dropouts as either Dem or Rep? I'm not saying they are either or...its absolutely stupid to do so, which is why i'm questioning Deans logic. In Dean's post he ignores large percentages of populations in favor of bigger numbers. Are you in favor of this approach? Larger numbers over larger actual percentages?

And....not questioning Tank's logic? I wonder why.

Blacks and Hispanics are majority Democrats, Blacks and hispanics are majority school dropouts too.

In an escalating political battle, the school board in Memphis, Tenn., is threatening to delay the start of school year until the City Council forks over $55 million in tax revenue earmarked for educatio
..By an 8-1 vote, the board decided Tuesday to postpone the start of the school year, currently scheduled for Aug. 8, until the City Council approves the Memphis City Schools budget for fiscal 2012 and deposits the money in the district’s account.

“It would be imprudent to start schools and have to shut down in October, November or December,” school board President Martavius Jones told msnbc.com on Wednesday. “… And based on the city’s prior behavior, we have not been able to count on a reliable revenue stream.”

Memphis board: No school until city pays $55 million - US news - Life - Education - msnbc.com
Let's see who REALLY runs that city.

Forum List

Back