Memory Lane

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lumpy 1, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,869
    Hey...... you got a memory you'd like to share?

Well 1st..... it's all about me....

I recall my first official kiss.. it was in a game of spin-the-bottle, the first spin I got her, "the one" ... I recall liking it a lot.

I recall my first cigarette .. I was puffing it into my month and blowing it out.. real cool like..my brother tickled me and I breathed it into my lungs...I recall losing my breakfast.

I recall brutality..We were at a bar and my running Buddy punched a huge 6' 6" biker so hard he lifted off the ground and landed on a pool table out cold...I recall.. Getting out of there real quick after an eerie silence and shock.

2. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    I remember, at the age of four, being carried on my father's shoulders through a huge crowd in our city's central park, coming together to celebrate our victory in WWII.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Earliest memory?

I THINK I recall either my circumcision or my actual birth..I cannot be sure which.

Understand I was a nearly month late born baby, so (the story goes according to my now departed mother) after they cleaned the plencenta from my eyes, I was following the movement of people in the delivery room.

I was, according to everybody who knew me back then, possible the ugliest baby they'd ever seen. I was born with nearly an inch of gray hair for example, and was a giant baby, too.

I so creeped out my father's mother that she (I am infomred) never held me as an infant.

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,685
    Being in my crib and seeing "General Hospital" on our black and white TV. I guess it was about 1965 or 1966.

5. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,869
    That is one cool memory...thanks

6. Madeline

Madeline BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,624
    Watching my parents dance. They had a lot of parties, apparently.

7. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,097
    One day my mom asked me what I'd learned at school. I told her we'd had sex ed and they told us about boys having resurrections. She died laughing and got on the phone to tell everyone in the family.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    NINETEEN 47 - One weekend when I was about 6-years old I was sent to visit my uncle and aunt on their farm out in the countryside. They had no children, so I was pretty much alone to wander around the barn lot, trying to stay away from the really big farm animals, and finally, to entertain myself I stopped to watch my uncle in the work-shed making a repair on a wooden gate.

I should mention that cursing was strongly discouraged in my family. My dad strongly objected even to such looseness of tongue as calling another man a “fool” (of biblical origins I’m inclined to believe, because I couldn't conceive of calling one of my friends a "fool").

So I was watching my uncle driving a nail, and as luck would have it, he hit his finger in the process. He suddenly burst out with a curse I'd never heard from an adult before: “SON OF A BITCH,” and then he went to the shed door and flung the hammer he’d been using out into a patch of weeds.

Needless to say, I was shocked at his words and his manner, and wondered what kind of a devil had gotten into my uncle.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010