Memorial Day 2010

How does one possibly thank all those who made the ultimate sacrifice?

Words can never truly articulate the fullness of our gratitude. I am always speechless, when I take a moment to think about the ones who gave all, and the families they left behind. :(

All I know to say is "THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart", and may the Peace that they valiantly fought for be with your families.

And prayers go out to all those who are still on the battlefield serving us withe selflessness. You are a shining example of unconditional love

:salute:

From generation to generation many have sacrificed to keep us safe and free

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz8PISGCWh8&feature=related"]YouTube - If You're Reading This[/ame]

Obamasucks.jpg

thanks for posting that picture i was going to make a comment on that. but the pix said it best..

How does one possibly thank all those who made the ultimate sacrifice?

Words can never truly articulate the fullness of our gratitude. I am always speechless, when I take a moment to think about the ones who gave all, and the families they left behind. :(

All I know to say is "THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart", and may the Peace that they valiantly fought for be with your families.

And prayers go out to all those who are still on the battlefield serving us withe selflessness. You are a shining example of unconditional love

:salute:

From generation to generation many have sacrificed to keep us safe and free

YouTube - If You're Reading This

what you said. its all we really want.

My grandkids and I are flying to Arizona to spend a lot of dough.
Spend a few $$$ for me Lonestar_logic!

My girlfriend's son will be started his first simester at ASU in August.

Great school and hot co-eds!!!!
ASU_Cheer_Bras_Panties.jpg
He said ASU...not Ass-U!

Rolling Thunder then a concert on the West Lawn on Sunday.

Parade on Monday.

I'm of no importance, so it's no big deal that I miss Arlington. I went there last weekend anyway.

(unbelievable)
Seriously, right? I'd be curious to know if any other President has skipped the MD services.
Several have...for various reasons. Clinton made all eight years during his reign...and he didn't like the military all that much either. It's just important to honor the soldiers that have died in defense of this country on Memorial Day. That is what it is for. Clinton did it even when we were not involved in killing wars.

My little town has a Memorial Day service that they have been conducting for years. There is a big gathering at the Memorial for Servicemen downtown and all the names of everybody who has ever served in the military from our town are read out loud and the Boy Scouts lay a wreath for each conflict since the town was established. Then we are going to have a cookout for family and friends at my house. Hamburgers, hot dogs, brats, cold beer and all the trimmings. Soda pop for the kidlets. Cut-offs and t-shirts are the dress of the day for the cook out. Most likely there will be some guitar strumming, picking and grinning going on. Who knows, some of the nearly drunk brave ones may even sing. Should be a good day.
Sounds like a great day to me!

I always spend memorial day thinking about this guy. The last time I saw him he came by to see me and show me how handsome he was in his uniform. He came home in a body bag. All these years and I still remember him.
http://thewall-usa.com/search.asp

RIP Lynwood Tipton.
I know what you mean. This was a personal friend of mine in high school.
SP4 ROBERT BARRY CROSBY

I am also going to raise a new US Flag on my flagpole that morning. I am iching to do it now, but I will wait for that special day
Note to self: buy a new bracket for your flagpole today!!!

I was just saying to my girlfriend next door, that I think I'll get out all my July 4 decorations ( mostly flag stuff ) this weekend in honor of Memorial Day and in prep for my favorite holiday!

We have two brackets on the front of our house for flags. One is for the American flag and the other for the US Navy flag. I wanted to also hang out the "Stars and Bars" from my part of the country but the wife says if I do, I have to move out... Damned yankees. If she wasn't so sweet I'd be heading back to Dixie.
Some of you may know that Memorial Day was first instituted to honor the soldiers that died on both sides in our own War Between the States. It was later designated to honor all fallen soldiers.

I will be going to Andersonville National Cemetery to observe and photograph the various honor guards and ceremonies that take place there every year...and to lay some flowers on the grave of a dear old friend that served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam. He's buried there with his wife and son, near an old oak tree that we sat under several times when visiting them over the past few years. He finally joined them a year or so ago.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back