MEMO To: Republicans, GOPers, RWers and Self-Proclaimed Conservatives

So we were wrong when we wanted to free the slaves?

We were wrong when we supported Civil rights?

It was state's rights conservatives who tried to preserve slavery.

Opposition to civil rights in the 50's and 60's was from the Conservative Coalition - a BI-PARTISAN group of CONSERVATIVES.

Oh, and btw, you weren't there when the slaves were freed, so what's with the 'we' shit?
And it was states' rights Republicans who fought the south.

Tell me what the republican platform was in that year?

Is the NAME the only thing that is important about that party of the day or today or is it the IDEAS that matter?

Opposition to civil rights in the 50's and 60's was from the Conservative Coalition - a BI-PARTISAN group of CONSERVATIVES.

Oh, and btw, you weren't there when the slaves were freed, so what's with the 'we' shit?

Is the NAME the only thing that is important about that party of the day or today or is it the IDEAS that matter?

Something else I must point out.

Due to the Civil War, Republicans became the first party to use the federal governments authority to suppress State Rights!!

I have yet to see the Republicans reverse this--although they can talk a mighty good game of it!!:tongue:

Well the Dems IDEAS suck on this one.

Dem Ideas circa 2010, just before the Second American Revolution

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvDwFQiSkBU]YouTube - The wrong words slip out of Congressman John Dingell's mouth[/ame]

Well, could we hold out hope that you actually see your own hypocrisy?

I'm not to confident, but others will.

Due to the Civil War, Republicans became the first party to use the federal governments authority to suppress State Rights!!

I have yet to see the Republicans reverse this--although they can talk a mighty good game of it!!:tongue:
And the Dems opposed Civil rights.

Your point?

Get the memo. Get a clue. Wake up!

You are wrong!

Your party is going down...in flames.

You are NOT the majority...not on this one.

You were wrong on slavery, wrong on segragation, wrong on women's rights, wrong on Medicaid/Medicare, wrong on Vietnam, wrong on your response to 9-11. Wrong, Wrong. Wrong!

You lost.

Its over.

Put down your guns, put down your rocks, put down your signs, put down your flags...

Go home.

Well you're wrong. :rolleyes:

Again.

Conservatives Maintain Edge as Top Ideological Group
PRINCETON, NJ -- Conservatives continue to outnumber moderates and liberals in the American populace in 2009, confirming a finding that Gallup first noted in June. Forty percent of Americans describe their political views as conservative, 36% as moderate, and 20% as liberal. This marks a shift from 2005 through 2008, when moderates were tied with conservatives as the most prevalent group.
kbbslvggvkexv3o8tr8f8q.gif

and even better, the longer you libs have been in power, the longer the great bloviator, Obama, has been on the scene, liberalism has been dropping.

I can live with that trend.

I am still trying to figure this out

Did not the Republicans outfit the Union's army during the civil war? So does this not make the Republicans the "Patriots" or "Good Guys"? Also, those who opposed the Republicans,like the South and Democrats, the "Rebels" or "Bad Guys"?

Is this not correct? Or did I study liberal revisionist history??

Did not the Republicans outfit the Union's army during the civil war? So does this not make the Republicans the "Patriots" or "Good Guys"? Also, those who opposed the Republicans,like the South and Democrats, the "Rebels" or "Bad Guys"?

And your point with the history is...?

And the Dems opposed Civil rights.

Your point?

That neither party is always correct, nor always practice what they presently preach.

You are wrong!

You were wrong on slavery, wrong on segragation, wrong on women's rights, wrong on Medicaid/Medicare, wrong on Vietnam, wrong on your response to 9-11. Wrong, Wrong. Wrong!

You lost.

Its over.

Put down your guns, put down your rocks, put down your signs, put down your flags...

Go home.

Actually

Democrats instigated the Civil War with their Kansas-Nebraska act(Republicans did not exist as a national party at the time!!)

Democrats argued against women rights as well.

Vietnam, in the words of Dukakis, was a "Democrat War"

Segregation, a product of a Democrat as well.

I guess Democrats were on the wrong side of history yet you suggest that "Republicans are always wrong!!"

Just wanted to point this out to you. That is all..:tongue:

Democrats were the conservative party of the 19th century. Why is it so hard for you people to understand that? Are you simply stupid?

Southern Democrats were the conservative wing of the Democratic party in the 20th century.

This is about CONSERVATISM being on the wrong side of history again and again and again.

The very fact that you don't support slavery or segregation (presumably) is because the progressives/liberals of those times WON and the conservatives of those times LOST.

Each generation of conservatives becomes more liberal than the last, because the liberal victories that inevitably occur in each generation become the status quo of the future.

Conservatives fought against women's suffrage; how many conservatives do you hear nowadays that want to take away a woman's right to vote? Not many. That's because their conservative predecessors were, as usual, WRONG.

Currently and recently, for example, conservatives have been fighting to keep gays out of the military. Before long, conservatives will lose that battle, and a generation or so from now mainstream American conservatism will have NO interest in kicking gays out of the military.

Last edited:

You are wrong!

You lost.

Its over.

Go home.

Actually

Democrats instigated the Civil War with their Kansas-Nebraska act(Republicans did not exist as a national party at the time!!)

I guess Democrats were on the wrong side of history yet you suggest that "Republicans are always wrong!!"

Democrats were the conservative party of the 19th century. Why is it so hard for you people to understand that? Are you simply stupid?

Southern Democrats were the conservative wing of the Democratic party in the 20th century.

This is about CONSERVATISM being on the wrong side of history again and again and again.

The very fact that you don't support slavery or segregation (presumably) is because the progressives/liberals of those times WON and the conservatives of those times LOST.

Each generation of conservatives becomes more liberal than the last, because the liberal victories that inevitably occur in each general become the status quo of the future.

Conservatives fought against women's suffrage; how many conservatives do you hear nowadays that want to take away a woman's right to vote? Not many. That's because their conservative predecessors were, as usual, WRONG.

Currently and recently, for example, conservatives have been fighting to keep gays out of the military. Before long, conservatives will lose that battle, and a generation or so from now mainstream American conservatism will have NO interest in kicking gays out of the military.

You just keep making shit up as you go and its embarrassing.

You are wrong!

You lost.

Its over.

Go home.

Actually

Each generation of conservatives becomes more liberal than the last, because the liberal victories that inevitably occur in each general become the status quo of the future.

When you say 'conservative' do you mean socially conservative or politically conservative? Libs need to think for a change. Or at least, once in a while would be refreshing.

This is about conservatives and liberals. The letter on the jersey, D or R, is irrelevant when you're talking about history.

Actually

When you say 'conservative' do you mean socially conservative or politically conservative? Libs need to think for a change. Or at least, once in a while would be refreshing.

That makes no sense. Are you saying social issues and politcal issues are mutually exclusive?

You are wrong!

You lost.

Its over.

Go home.

Actually

First--The Democratic Party is a PLURISTS party that contains Conservatives members.
They were always a Plurists party. There is, and never existed, a liberal party in the United States. Something for a lefty to really chew hard on.(To keep this in perspective, the Republican Party is a Center-Right Party constantly dominated by Conservatives!)

Second--Republicans also fought for women's rights, civil rights, and against slavery. Democrats nor liberal dominate those issues. Remember, there exist "American Libertarians"--right wingers that argue for social liberal ideas.

Third--concerning gays in the military. That battle is basically over, now we are going through the political motions of removing DADT without the politicians losing their jobs. The opposition is so pathetically weak that the media refuse to cover them out of fear of losing creditability!

After tossing his little trollish stink bomb of an OP, MarcATL (i.e., Malcolm Ex-Lax) doesn't even bother to come back and post one response to any of the replies his trollish bullshit stupid OP generated.

Malcolm Ex-Lax is such a fucking lightweight and obvious little troll.

Whatta quiff.

After tossing his little trollish stink bomb of an OP, MarcATL (i.e., Malcolm Ex-Lax) doesn't even bother to come back and post one response to any of the replies his trollish bullshit stupid OP generated.

Malcolm Ex-Lax is such a fucking lightweight and obvious little troll.

Whatta quiff.

He is busy trying to defend his belief that DeMint want to enslave Obama and Break him into a good field hand.

Or something like that..

Seriously!!

Forum List

Back